Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Kyosho Plazma 1/12th pan chassis > Kyosho Plazma 1/12th pan chassis

Kyosho Plazma 1/12th pan chassis

Reply

Old 08-08-2011, 01:32 AM
  #31  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Badman Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

1/12 scale has made a resurgance in Australia the past few years. I run a TOP 1/12 and have had an Associated as well as the XRay. The attraction to 1/12 scale in Oz is a couple of factors. 1/Fun 2/The price point to run 1/12 scale v's TC. We only run open on our outdoor asphalt tracks and run pretty much the same laptimes as mod TC sometimes better.
Any new cars will definately be tried out and are welcome. At the moment the TOP is the car to have amongst us racers in NSW although there are some VERY fast drivers in other brands. The Kyosho will be no different especially if Simon Nicolson gets one.

Brett
Badman Racer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:22 AM
  #32  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
I think i will look at getting one of these too , but why do a 1/12th when we are still waiting for a geardiff for the TF6!!!!!
Because its cheap to make a new 1/12th car from alloy and carbon.But making a mold for a plastic gear diff costs a whole lot more even if ordered from the darkest corner of China.
bakaguyjean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:15 PM
  #33  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,626
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

I thought this was about the old car.

Nice to see Kyosho decided to go with the wheel standard set by AE. So if the axles are standard measurement, is the rest of the chassis using metric hardware? If the street price is under $300 then its no different than any other 1/12th on the market pricewise. The big question is..... parts support.

Although, I can find parts throughout the Net for Kyosho offroad, other than the IGT, parts for Kyosho onroad is very hard to come by. For that alone, I'd rather put money on a Serpent S120L instead of the Plazma, despite my love of Kyosho 1/12 for which I'm an avid collector of them.
YR4Dude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:06 PM
  #34  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
I thought this was about the old car.

Nice to see Kyosho decided to go with the wheel standard set by AE. So if the axles are standard measurement, is the rest of the chassis using metric hardware? If the street price is under $300 then its no different than any other 1/12th on the market pricewise. The big question is..... parts support.

Although, I can find parts throughout the Net for Kyosho offroad, other than the IGT, parts for Kyosho onroad is very hard to come by. For that alone, I'd rather put money on a Serpent S120L instead of the Plazma, despite my love of Kyosho 1/12 for which I'm an avid collector of them.
Pick one, and bring it to TQ Raceway
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:08 PM
  #35  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 159
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Looks good! Any ideas on a release date? I hope Kyosho America decide to bring it over unlike the TF-6
Highside20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:24 PM
  #36  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Medford, MA
Posts: 89
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Looks a lot like a CRC.
Nah....cause you only see the CRC from the back!

CRC GenXL all the way baby.....even over this GenXL clone.
Cowarn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:42 PM
  #37  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (53)
 
kman16jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl.
Posts: 4,006
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cowarn View Post
Nah....cause you only see the CRC from the back!

CRC GenXL all the way baby.....even over this GenXL clone.
this is not a clone,the only thing i see that looks identical are the links and the rear x brace.The servo mounts different in the kyosho,the rear pod is more reinforced,the front arms are a different design.there actually is alot of differences when you take the time to look at them both,this looks like it will be a great car
kman16jr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:49 PM
  #38  
Tech Adept
 
Monkeys punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 142
Default

I could be tempted to give it a shot. Was thinking of the Top Rebel till I saw this one. I like my Xray but fancy a change.
Monkeys punk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:47 PM
  #39  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Japanese list price

I just wanted to post the Japanese list price for the Plazma Ra

The list price is 26250 Yen.
So its not priced that bad depending on where you live.
bakaguyjean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:04 PM
  #40  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,626
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
I just wanted to post the Japanese list price for the Plazma Ra

The list price is 26250 Yen.
So its not priced that bad depending on where you live.
Who's gonna carry it online? Will there be parts available upon its release?
YR4Dude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:55 PM
  #41  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (78)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,378
Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default

Yep, looks like a Rebel and probably drives good to. Surprising comming from Kyosho. Its not more 12scale cars we need but more drivers.
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:36 AM
  #42  
Tech Fanatic
 
b-man777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MA.
Posts: 942
Default

Hey all: I have a few comments I'd like to make here:
1st: I too think 1/2th pan car is making a comeback so the more the merrier.
2nd: As far as it looking like other cars I'd say Kyosho looks to be taking the best of all the 12th pan cars out there to make what they think is the best car.
3rd: Price and availability are usually the issues with Kyosho vehicles. Just look at the TF6 10th sedan not available in the USA market and when you can find it you pay through the roof for it. Thanks
b-man777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:48 AM
  #43  
Tech Fanatic
 
b-man777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MA.
Posts: 942
Default

Hey all: Although I believe companies can release whatever product they want when they want sometimes I think the timing of some of their vehicle releases leaves many scratching their heads but I think Josh-n-ya said it best: it's not more 12th cars we need it's more drivers. Thanks
b-man777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:11 PM
  #44  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (78)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,378
Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the nice words b-man. I actually think it doesnt matter what brand of car you have. You can make anything work well if you get used to it. I have a Rebel and drove it for a while but bought a used 12r5 just to try out. Both cars handled great with differant setups. I still am running the 12r5 because it is more simple for me to setup and drive. My long story short is I am just getting back into this hobby after 25 years. Anybody ever want to come to CA Union City, Norcal Hobbies is pretty cool place. 12th scalers bring em!
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:48 PM
  #45  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Thanks for the nice words b-man. I actually think it doesnt matter what brand of car you have. You can make anything work well if you get used to it. I have a Rebel and drove it for a while but bought a used 12r5 just to try out. Both cars handled great with differant setups. I still am running the 12r5 because it is more simple for me to setup and drive. My long story short is I am just getting back into this hobby after 25 years. Anybody ever want to come to CA Union City, Norcal Hobbies is pretty cool place. 12th scalers bring em!
Calling Norcal "pretty cool" is an understatement.
That's the best outdoor 12th scale track I've ever had the pleasure of racing on

I try to make it up that way a few times a year.
Kev & Eric know how to make it fun.
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service