Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

T.O.P. Racing Rebel 10 World GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Fairtrace's car was ridiculously faster than any other car in the A-main this morning. His corner speed was crazy, he just couldn't keep it clean. One more lap and he would have taken the win today.

I want this car. Went to TOP racing website and its not even listed?!? Where can an average Joe buy one?
Old 02-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ground-round
Fairtrace's car was ridiculously faster than any other car in the A-main this morning. His corner speed was crazy, he just couldn't keep it clean. One more lap and he would have taken the win today.

I want this car. Went to TOP racing website and its not even listed?!? Where can an average Joe buy one?
http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...n=TRPPC-R10001
Old 02-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Exclamation

STORMER HOBBIES!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ground-round

You can call TOP and get one direct or give TZ hobbies a call they have one sitting on the shelf as well.

Good Job LF!!! Please post your set up!!!

Last edited by Mr.A Morris; 02-06-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I know the setup will be coming soon from either Larry, Goat or myself. We all ran WGT - the cars where good, but since this was the first time in a high grip scenario with the car we where learning new things every round.

As another note -- we fielded a Rebel 10 in the 100 lap pan car figure 8 race finishing 2nd. That car took a beating and kept on lapping. I know there are pictures out there -- hopefully we will get them online soon.

-Mike
Old 02-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well I had no idea what i was doing with a WGT car last week at the birds but things went pretty well.

I held TQ until the last round of quals then my tq from the 3rd round got beaten by .05 seconds.

Unfortunatley I was not able to better my time in the 4th round because I made some drastic setup changes every round and the changes I made for the 4th round made the car almost undriveable.

After consulting with a couple people I made more changes for the main and the car came to life finally giving me almost what I wanted out of it all weekend.

I changed multiple things on my car every round all weekend so getting used to driving it every round took a few laps.

In the main I had a blowout and got taken out from behind going through the chicane but was able to end up 2nd and I made a charge for the win on the last lap. My top 20 avg laps were faster than the winners fastest lap so I guess its pretty obvious it was my fault I lost.

I will get the setup online soon. It is nothing like I was running the week prior to the snowbirds at our home track. In the main the car was not tipping or lifting a tire and I could drive it as hard as possible so this was a huge step forward in the setup. I wish I had this setup on my car the whole weekend I think the results would of been better.

Thanks to Hanulec and Goat for not only being my test guinea pigs in WGT but for all the support all week long.

Is there an editable WGT setup sheet out there that I can use?
Old 02-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The closest I can find is the rebel 12 set up sheet on T.O.P'S web site.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Well I had no idea what i was doing with a WGT car last week at the birds but things went pretty well.

I held TQ until the last round of quals then my tq from the 3rd round got beaten by .05 seconds.

Unfortunatley I was not able to better my time in the 4th round because I made some drastic setup changes every round and the changes I made for the 4th round made the car almost undriveable.

After consulting with a couple people I made more changes for the main and the car came to life finally giving me almost what I wanted out of it all weekend.

I changed multiple things on my car every round all weekend so getting used to driving it every round took a few laps.

In the main I had a blowout and got taken out from behind going through the chicane but was able to end up 2nd and I made a charge for the win on the last lap. My top 20 avg laps were faster than the winners fastest lap so I guess its pretty obvious it was my fault I lost.

I will get the setup online soon. It is nothing like I was running the week prior to the snowbirds at our home track. In the main the car was not tipping or lifting a tire and I could drive it as hard as possible so this was a huge step forward in the setup. I wish I had this setup on my car the whole weekend I think the results would of been better.

Thanks to Hanulec and Goat for not only being my test guinea pigs in WGT but for all the support all week long.

Larry, please let us know when you get your setup posted. I'm very interested in seeing what you did. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

hi..i got one of these cars recently - i really like it.
just a couple of minor problems. the servo saver adaptor for hitech wasnt very good, its a loose fit. I put an xray servo saver on. also the holes in steering knuckles are m3 sized whereas the screws for the pivot ball are m2.5. The screws are pretty soft too.
the car looked a bit fragile but i have been running it for about 500 laps so far on a small carpet track with pvc pipe layout, 2cell modified motor, it taken some hard side slaps and hasnt broke anything. it handles very well. I havent driven a 1/10th pan before but its the fastest car i have driven so far by a long way on the indoor track.

Next im gona try some CS screws for attaching the rear wheels thinking it might help them centre easier. as the xceed wheels im using are a little larger than the hub carrier so needs a little attention to get them centred.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Larry,

Any chance you can share your WGT setup from the Birds?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Does the Rebel 10 use an inline front axle configuration? Or is it using the trailing setup like the Rebel 12?

How is the parts compatibility between the two cars?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Larry,

Any chance you can share your WGT setup from the Birds?
I'm gonna work on it. I have to get the car out of the bag first. I'll try to get it together this week.

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
Does the Rebel 10 use an inline front axle configuration? Or is it using the trailing setup like the Rebel 12?

How is the parts compatibility between the two cars?
I would say 85 percent of the parts are compatible between the 2. Chassis, Kingpins, Steering Blocks and axles (inline), Shock Mount. Front end Brace, Front arm graphit risers maybe a couple more things are the only difference between the 2 cars.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

i had a problem with front hinge pins sliding out and quick clips getting lost. the set screw in upper arm doesnt seem to clamp the pin quite enough.

is there a hinge pin with e-clips on the ends that might fit this car. the standard pin is 2x29mm. will need to be longer of course.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff_78
i had a problem with front hinge pins sliding out and quick clips getting lost. the set screw in upper arm doesnt seem to clamp the pin quite enough.

is there a hinge pin with e-clips on the ends that might fit this car. the standard pin is 2x29mm. will need to be longer of course.
Two tricks for you:
#1 you can replace the plastic clips with any type of shim. i use 3mm metric top shims. other people use a smaller inner diameter shim, but i find that too hard to do.

#2 push the pin out of the upper arm half way, and by using a hobby knife apply some CA glue onto the tip of the pin. push the pin in quickly. using a hobby knife ensures you don't put too much glue onto the pin and bind up the arm movement.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

thanks,
ill try that with the CA. i got spacers etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.