Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2012 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions >

2012 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions

2012 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions

Old 02-09-2012, 07:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I was hoping on running more than one class too at my first reedy.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by haywood
I have only raced on carpet as we have no outdoor tracks in Minnesota. How hard would it be for me to get my Xray hooked up and adapt to asphalt? Thanks
Carpet and asphalt setups are pretty close. Plus there are X-ray drivers at the race who can help you out plus many setups available to use as a starting point. The driving aspect is not much different other than the fact that outdoor tracks in general are much larger than carpet tracks.

Originally Posted by HenBeav
It's a long, expensive flight for just one class... Maybe
Originally Posted by hanulec
I was hoping on running more than one class too at my first reedy.
Traditionally the RROC has been a one-class race. At times a second has been allowed but more to promote new classes (RCGT was offered once) or when new classes were emerging and the local class and national classes did not match up..

The amount of track time is pretty good for a "big" race. The typical schedule calls for 4 practice rounds (controlled) per day Thursday and Friday, 3 quali rounds on Saturday, and 1 quali and mains (triple A) on Sunday. I believe that there might even be a little bit of open practice in the mornings. So even though you are racing one class, you are getting two classes worth of track time compared to other "big" races.

The schedule still has to be finalized and might be tweaked a bit. But the fact is that to allow everyone to race two classes means that the track time for each class would be reduced. You would end up with a traditional 2 rounds practice Thursday, 2 quali Saturday and Sunday, and single mains Sunday (or something very close to this).

Not only is the venue one of the best outdoor tracks in the country, you are very close to some very nice places to visit like the city of San Francisco and wine country. It is definitely a place where you can race and vacation at the same time.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Rick- I know in the past you guys had a Concourse event before the races start. The winner will have to use that body on one of the qualifiers. Any plans on bringing that back? Also any tire purchase limit?

Thx,
John
Old 02-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DJGonzo69
Rick- I know in the past you guys had a Concourse event before the races start. The winner will have to use that body on one of the qualifiers. Any plans on bringing that back? Also any tire purchase limit?

Thx,
John
Concourse, no. There is a tire limit for Open classes but not sure what it is. This is something Eric Vasutin will have to answer.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Concourse, no. There is a tire limit for Open classes but not sure what it is. This is something Eric Vasutin will have to answer.

In the open classes, (Mod & 17.5) you will be able to get 3 sets of tires for the event. If you have the fortune of making the "A" main, you will be able to get one additional set.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

The flier is up on the reedy site www.norcalhobbies.com/reedyrace, you have to click on the flier to view it. You can see there is the option to run 2 classes as in the past, and the tires we're going to use are from Team Powers, the 36R.

We're in for an exciting race. Each year we try to one-up ourselves and this will be no exception. The new format for invite will quite the spectacle, with 10 cars per race!

See you all in a few months!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Eric-

This is excellent news allowing drivers to run two classes. I did have a question about what speed controls (in NR) will be legal for the race? Will they need to be approved by ROAR to participate?

Thanks,
Art
Old 02-17-2012, 11:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Eric - is the spec tire dish or spoke rim? are team power 36R available for purchase yet?

http://www.team-powers.com/index.php...subcategory=18
Old 02-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by artwork
Eric-

This is excellent news allowing drivers to run two classes. I did have a question about what speed controls (in NR) will be legal for the race? Will they need to be approved by ROAR to participate?

Thanks,
Art
NR ESCs from the ROAR list.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Barry Baker is confirmed for the Invitational class.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Paul Lemieux and Martin Crisp confirmed for Invitational.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Eric - is the spec tire dish or spoke rim? are team power 36R available for purchase yet?

The tires I have from last season are dished.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

We have the tires at Nor-Cal (510)324-5700. The distributor handling the tires is HRP Distributing, have your Local Hobbyshop call them (they're wholesale (800)622-7223), or try Rocket RC (510)427-3473. They are readily available.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Teemu Leino confirmed for Invitational.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
The tires I have from last season are dished.
What do the tires compare to?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.