This battle was pretty epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...3IE6QXE#t=255s
Old 05-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #317
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
It was even better live.

Had a great time at Reedy this year. Eric, Kevin and the NorCal crew did a great job hosting this year. Many thanks for a fun time. The racing in the Invite as well as the open classes was great to watch and be part of.

Alex
Old 05-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #318
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

I had a great time at the Reedy this year.

The Facility was one of the best I have been to in 15 years of RC Racing. The announcing from Jesse and Charlie was great.

Tech was fast and fair. I would like to have seen Pre Race motor tech at all spec races from now on. I know it takes a little more time but it would stop the "Cheater" grumblings that were being thrown around as well as people calling each other out on motors and making it uncomfortable in the pits.

Eric and Kevin made the outside racers feel at home and were very helpful.

The locals did their homework and clearly had the advantages with setup and tire prep and it showed. Kudos to them as they won all 3 classes.

I have never been so out to lunch arriving at a race. My car was awful for quite a few practices but with help from my Top Team mates we were able to get our cars sorted out and actually pretty dang good by the weekend. Too bad our tire prep was still crap and this was part of our major issue. This and the tires not being consistent from set to set as well as unexpected cool weather not jiving with the tire compound choice.

This is something no one could of predicted.

The racing in invite was some of the best I have Seen. The epic battles between Marc, Ronald, Jilles, Paul, Viktor and the rest were not only awesome but clean for the most part.

The fun and jokes in the pits were definitely some of the highlights of the weekend and one of the reasons that attending these races is one of my favorite things to do. That and heckling Haynes and FJ.

Congrats to Norcal for another successful Reedy Race. And Congrats to all the winners.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #319
Tech Apprentice

I would like to thank all the racers who traveled from all over the world to join us for this event. To see guys like Hagberg, Groskamp and Jefferies make the trip is saying something. Seemed like everything went pretty smooth with tech and the racing program. We had great on site catering thanks to Chef Dave and Kart Creations. Also how bout the nice camera footage thanks to Jang and Jelich. Thanks to all staff and participants for making this years Reedy race the best thus far.

For anybody looking to get back on this track for another good asphalt race, we have our annual Top Gun race in August! Stay tuned for more info
J Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #320
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Stark View Post
I would like to thank all the racers who traveled from all over the world to join us for this event. To see guys like Hagberg, Groskamp and Jefferies make the trip is saying something. Seemed like everything went pretty smooth with tech and the racing program. We had great on site catering thanks to Chef Dave and Kart Creations. Also how bout the nice camera footage thanks to Jang and Jelich. Thanks to all staff and participants for making this years Reedy race the best thus far.

For anybody looking to get back on this track for another good asphalt race, we have our annual Top Gun race in August! Stay tuned for more info
Oh Yeah I forgot about Chef Dave. The Pulled Pork and Chicken nacho's are the bomb.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #321
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thank god for rcprogear.com so eventually we will all know the results from this race

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #322
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
Thank god for rcprogear.com so eventually we will all know the results from this race
I can't find them either!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #323
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I can't find them either!
I didn't know where I finished until the awards ceremony (a5 17.5). Hopefully the norcal crew can post a list of the amain points summary.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #324
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
I had a great time at the Reedy this year.

The Facility was one of the best I have been to in 15 years of RC Racing. The announcing from Jesse and Charlie was great.

Tech was fast and fair. I would like to have seen Pre Race motor tech at all spec races from now on. I know it takes a little more time but it would stop the "Cheater" grumblings that were being thrown around as well as people calling each other out on motors and making it uncomfortable in the pits.

Eric and Kevin made the outside racers feel at home and were very helpful.

The locals did their homework and clearly had the advantages with setup and tire prep and it showed. Kudos to them as they won all 3 classes.

I have never been so out to lunch arriving at a race. My car was awful for quite a few practices but with help from my Top Team mates we were able to get our cars sorted out and actually pretty dang good by the weekend. Too bad our tire prep was still crap and this was part of our major issue. This and the tires not being consistent from set to set as well as unexpected cool weather not jiving with the tire compound choice.

This is something no one could of predicted.

The racing in invite was some of the best I have Seen. The epic battles between Marc, Ronald, Jilles, Paul, Viktor and the rest were not only awesome but clean for the most part.

The fun and jokes in the pits were definitely some of the highlights of the weekend and one of the reasons that attending these races is one of my favorite things to do. That and heckling Haynes and FJ.

Congrats to Norcal for another successful Reedy Race. And Congrats to all the winners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
Oh Yeah I forgot about Chef Dave. The Pulled Pork and Chicken nacho's are the bomb.
+ 2 !!!

What a great time, I had..
It was cool meeting all the racers, too many names to list. Lol

Big thanks to my buds, for all the support and laughs.Hanulec verses big hoops McGee. Lol. Fairtrace getting patted down, front and back at the airport. Lol

Ahhh memories.. Lol

Thanks again!!!

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/Brownies Hobbies
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #325
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Fairtrace got his junk checked by the TSA!?!? Hahahahahahahahahahanaha

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #326
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Stark View Post
Larry? FJ? Jerry? Come out and play!

Loan Al a TOP car so he can have another shot!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #327
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Also, I'd love to put tech info on rcprogear.com. If you guys at Norcal have the sponsor sheets and want to send me photos or scans of them ([email protected]), I'll get the info online right away. Thanks!
I have the sponsor sheets in front of me. Hit me up with your e-mail here and I can scan them for you tonight.

Hummmm. Looking at these sponsor sheets, I have some Invites, all 13.5 and all 17.5 racers.

Roger Serafin
NORCAL HOBBIES

Last edited by Roger; 05-29-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: additional 411
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #328
Tech Adept

Wow what an event, the best and largest one for us yet Thanks to all those that attended - making this the largest touring car race in the country!.

Congratulations to the winners James Davenport, Gonzalo Cortez, Eric Albano, and of course taking the coveted Invitational win - Viktor Wilck

Big thanks to Jon Johnson and James Arluck. Jon was the right hand man helping me build the track months before the beginning of the race. And I must compliment James Arluck for being the concise, and fair keeper of the touring car rules. Proper enforcement of the rules at times might not be so popular, but James gets it and is consistently fair. You lay the rules out in advance and stick to it.

Big thanks to:

My partner Kevin Jelich.
Matt Doughty
Roger Serafin for running the store
Our live in race director - Jesse Stark
Our imported race director - Charlie Suangka
The kids - Shawn and Brandon (yes I owe you milk & cookies)
Chef Dave and the lovely Leslie
The Tech guys - Mike Cozo, Jason Turner, Niles Folin, and Rich Stidham,
The post tech guys - Steve Ashby, James Johnsson, and Matt Doughty
John Gonzalez - for making the Invite tire tube boxes.
Cameron Wagner - for saving Matt Doughty.
Sal Bissada and Matt Reddick for helping me with cement!
Ethan Erchinger the keeper of the points.
Jorge and Paulino Uribe For their help picking the place up every night!

Of course Id like to thank the good people at Reedy and Associated, Sean Cochran and Rick Hohwart for letting us host this event.

And of course our sponsors of the event.
Reedy
Associated
Team Powers
Thunder Power
Yokomo
KO Pro Po
Novak
TQ Wire
Futaba
Much More
Paragon
Old 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #329
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
I have the sponsor sheets in front of me. Hit me up with your e-mail here and I can scan them for you tonight.

Hummmm. Looking at these sponsor sheets, I have some Invites, all 13.5 and all 17.5 racers.

Roger Serafin
NORCAL HOBBIES
Awesome, thank you. PM inbound. Do you have the results by chance?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #330
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
I didn't know where I finished until the awards ceremony (a5 17.5). Hopefully the norcal crew can post a list of the amain points summary.
I'mnot sure you knew where you were all weekend.
ThunderPowerRC is offline   Reply With Quote