R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-01-2004, 02:13 PM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Scott, didn't mean that you were less educated. My comment relates to the fact that many times we have to educate new drivers and re-educate accomplished drivers to the good and bad aspects of the Road Rails. Sorry if you read that the wrong way.
It's really nice to hear some of you Road Rails users finally speaking up. I always knew you were out there.

I thought about this thread today and I came to the conclusion that there will probably never be the perfect track system. One way or another, it will not be everyones ideal.

Road Rails work for many of us and don't for others. Thats the fact. Those of us who believe in them wish we could change the mind's of those who don't but not because we want everybody to run out and buy one......it's because we hate to see people destroy the efforts of a company that simply is trying to offer one more choice to racers and track owners/promoters. I'm sure if they thought a perfect design existed...they'd do it.

Good Luck to all you Road Rails users. Don't forget to call the company if you think there might be a better way for them to do things......they have everything to gain by listening.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:32 PM   #77
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

here is road rail on a permenent track. after this pic was taken the rail along the strieght has been replaced with a composit type material that silmulates wood.. the rest is RR and it dont move at all.

aw crap no pic!!!

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:37 PM   #78
Tech Elite

lets try this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn0775.jpg (152.7 KB, 127 views)

Old 11-01-2004, 04:52 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Post Rails not very good for permanent track use.

Quote:
Originally posted by nesacuby
I think they are not a good choice for carpet.I agree with you there 100%

My farvorite carpet track uses sqaure downspout that is velcroed to the carpet.It uses a wood insert at the connection joints which are seemless when put together and they use flappers at critical corners which is very forgiving.Perfect for a permanent track/layout that doesnt need to be layed out every raceday.
Yep, Road Rails are not for a permanent tracks unless you use a rail or dots to mark a change on a permanent course where you have some different turn/track direction options.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:23 PM   #80
Tech Elite

Default Re: Rails not very good for permanent track use.

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cup
Yep, Road Rails are not for a permanent tracks unless you use a rail or dots to mark a change on a permanent course where you have some different turn/track direction options.
so what are you saying that permenent tracks must have the concret berms to be raceworthy????

Old 11-01-2004, 06:55 PM   #81
Tech Elite

Post Rails not very good for permanent track use.

Quote:
Originally posted by howard hudson
so what are you saying that permenent tracks must have the concret berms to be raceworthy????
That would be putting words in my mouth then wouldn't it? No, I never said that Howard.

If I had a permanent track I would most likely use very little Road Rails or Road Domes. I think they are a very race worthy track system for a portable track. They are meant to be a portable system and why would you really want to use them if you were building something perminent when there are allot of perminent options available? I would do concrete corners and not make them twice the height of the cars we run, that is unrealistic. This all just my little opinions from a race director and track owner, be it portable for now. We have plans for a perminent onroad track for sometime next year.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:52 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Default Re: Rails not very good for permanent track use.

Quote:
That would be putting words in my mouth then wouldn't it? No, I never said that Howard.

If I had a permanent track I would most likely use very little Road Rails or Road Domes. I think they are a very race worthy track system for a portable track. They are meant to be a portable system and why would you really want to use them if you were building something perminent when there are allot of perminent options available? I would do concrete corners and not make them twice the height of the cars we run, that is unrealistic. This all just my little opinions from a race director and track owner, be it portable for now. We have plans for a perminent onroad track for sometime next year.
gOT iT!!! BUT WITH THE ROAD RAILS the lay out config's are endless. When you start putting the permenent barriers in the picture you are limited to layouts Like tamiya( dont get me wrong that track is dialed but they have used the same layout for the REEDY two years in a row. That should say something).

Last edited by howard hudson; 11-01-2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:37 PM   #83
Tech Elite

Talking Exactly.

You're absolutely right, the track layouts are endless with the road rails. The track we have designed is 200'x125' and has over 50 different ways to run on different variations by just just changing direction onto other sections, etc. hard to explain without showing you the diagram.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:06 PM   #84
Tech Elite

Default Re: Exactly.

Quote:
You're absolutely right, the track layouts are endless with the road rails. The track we have designed is 200'x125' and has over 50 different ways to run on different variations by just just changing direction onto other sections, etc. hard to explain without showing you the diagram.
I understand Is this track bulit and ya got some pics?

Old 11-01-2004, 09:38 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Talking Build it and they will come....Hopefully

No, not built yet.....We won't begin construction until next year. Probably not until late summer time unfortunately. I will post pictures as we go when we get ready to build.