R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #346
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
I had a great time at the birds again. Mike knows how to have a good time and put on a good race.

If only we could run Triple A mains it would make it the best race in the world.

Thanks again Mike counting down the days until next years Birds.
Triple-A mains and qualifying over 2 days rather than three and I'd be into it!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #347
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
Agree. They were close to first classes(wgt as well). Maybe the camera guy slept in. Also in my opinion. Quite a bit of sand bagging in amateur TC.
The guy who TQed Am Sedan would have qualified at the front of the D main in the regular Touring Stock class. At the IIC this past year, the Am Sedan TQ would have been towards the back of the Cmain I believe.

Certainly doesn't look like any sandbagging to me.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #348
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
The guy who TQed Am Sedan would have qualified at the front of the D main in the regular Touring Stock class. At the IIC this past year, the Am Sedan TQ would have been towards the back of the Cmain I believe.

Certainly doesn't look like any sandbagging to me.
Yeah was in the right class. I will vouch for him there. He practices a lot. He also does a ton for the hobby in this area. And like EA said he buys his own stuff. He has just put the time in to be a good Am driver.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #349
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Ok, I guess I should have said" instead Of my sand bagging comment". I should have taken advantage of the extra track time and run stock as well as amateur.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #350
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Well I can tell you that the guy you are quoting there is the person who won Amateur at the snowbirds. He's one of our local club racers who is just that...a club racer. He keeps our track clean, he is an avid supporter of the USVTA class and doesnt travel to many big races other than USVTA. This was his first time racing the birds ever. He buys 100% of his items from our LOCAL hobby shop and has zero support from anywhere else. He took 3 days off work to practice and get advice from Alexander Hagberg when he was at our track before the birds on his car setup. He's put in as much track time if not more than I have the past 2 months. So to me he is the exact type of person the Amateur class was created for. Zero sponsors and someone who just loves racing and helping guys.

Dont bag on people just because they ran well and had their stuff ready to go.

EA
I have corrected my quick temper and apologize to the am winner. Just wish I woulda ran stock also. So again I apologize.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #351
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I was 2nd in amateur sedan and ended 5th in the d-main in stock, so what sandbagging are you talking about? I buy all my own stuff as well. Myron ran a great race, he was fast all week.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #352
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcdrvr2 View Post
I was 2nd in amateur sedan and ended 5th in the d-main in stock, so what sandbagging are you talking about? I buy all my own stuff as well. Myron ran a great race, he was fast all week.
I tried in above post to clarify. I typed before thinking. Just had my head up my rear. But, to make some since outta my sandbagging comment. The 2 fastest guys at our local track were in the F main stock and did not run amateur.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #353
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

its cool everybody...thanks for the support and I hope the VA guys had a great time and come back again....

Also Ive been chasing around some pretty fast guys at home at Thunder RC Raceway in Nashville, TN...2 of those are Stock A-main racers in EA and Skeen...both whom Ive picked up alot of info and ability from watching and listening...

and Ive learned to drive from the back of the pack from Dirla"Nash"...whom flips a coin to do an inverted start in my main class USVTA...and I normally lose that toss...so Ive had alot of practice to gain and drive from behind...

sorry you feel like this and I hope it gets better...but I think the guys that ran AM TC 17.5, made for some really good racing and if you or anybody else was in it, you would feel the same

FYI..I came to Florida for USVTA...TC was a second thought...

you guys in VA come over to Thunder sometime and we can test each other out
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #354
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Don't feel bad Myron. I was trying to talk Jason and Rodney into running as well. Actually you did out qualify Jason... Good runs though. I guess all the heckling we gave you at our track paid off.
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #355
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
its cool everybody...thanks for the support and I hope the VA guys had a great time and come back again....

Also Ive been chasing around some pretty fast guys at home at Thunder RC Raceway in Nashville, TN...2 of those are Stock A-main racers in EA and Skeen...both whom Ive picked up alot of info and ability from watching and listening...

and Ive learned to drive from the back of the pack from Dirla"Nash"...whom flips a coin to do an inverted start in my main class USVTA...and I normally lose that toss...so Ive had alot of practice to gain and drive from behind...

sorry you feel like this and I hope it gets better...but I think the guys that ran AM TC 17.5, made for some really good racing and if you or anybody else was in it, you would feel the same

FYI..I came to Florida for USVTA...TC was a second thought...

you guys in VA come over to Thunder sometime and we can test each other out
I have a Cousin in Nashville. And my Mom lives in Crossville. What is the track addres? May have to make a trip. Thanks for taking my comments lightly. I really meant no disrespect.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #356
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
I have a Cousin in Nashville. And my Mom lives in Crossville. What is the track addres? May have to make a trip. Thanks for taking my comments lightly. I really meant no disrespect.

"Thunder RC" 810 Cherokee - Nashville, Tn. Come play! We don't take anything too serious. You will find a fun, helpful bunch that enjoys the hobby.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #357
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Triple-A mains and qualifying over 2 days rather than three and I'd be into it!
I'll have to disagree.

Snowbirds and Vegas have it right, one and done. Three days of qualifying gives us a chance to get out and enjoy things away from the track (The boys from the PNW use the single qual round on Friday to get out and play our yearly winter golf round ).

These two races obviously feature the format that people want because the attendance reflects it. I say leave the triple A-mains and tech nightmare for ROAR races.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #358
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
I'll have to disagree.

Snowbirds and Vegas have it right, one and done. Three days of qualifying gives us a chance to get out and enjoy things away from the track (The boys from the PNW use the single qual round on Friday to get out and play our yearly winter golf round ).

These two races obviously feature the format that people want because the attendance reflects it. I say leave the triple A-mains and tech nightmare for ROAR races.
+1

The only format I find to be better than the quals +1 main, is the RROC format, but even that I'd leave to the MOD/Invitational crowd.

If only there were a race series that determined an overall champion.......
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #359
Tech Master

Just wanted to say thanks to all of the guys that make the birds possible. Had a great time again this year and look forward to 2013. The competition at this race is second to none and hope to see it get even bigger next year.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #360
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I vote yes for 3 A mains next year!!