Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The 2012 Snowbird Nationals:  01/31/12 - 2/05/12 >

The 2012 Snowbird Nationals: 01/31/12 - 2/05/12

The 2012 Snowbird Nationals: 01/31/12 - 2/05/12

Reply

Old 02-03-2012, 03:01 PM
  #286  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...building minis
Posts: 3,250
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Onroad results up to this point are available here. That link is also on the live page with the video feed.
Greg Sharpe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:21 PM
  #287  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,189
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

So with one round of qualifying left:

2x 1/12 world champion Naoto Matsukura is sitting 2nd in 13.5 boosted 1/12.

2wd off-road world champion and 2010 on-road world champion runner-up Hayato Matsuzaki is sitting 5th in 17.5 boosted sedan.

Can we please stop disrespecting the level of competition in the stock classes in this country?
syndr0me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:50 PM
  #288  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (99)
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,608
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
So with one round of qualifying left:

2x 1/12 world champion Naoto Matsukura is sitting 2nd in 13.5 boosted 1/12.

2wd off-road world champion and 2010 on-road world champion runner-up Hayato Matsuzaki is sitting 5th in 17.5 boosted sedan.

Can we please stop disrespecting the level of competition in the stock classes in this country?

Syndrome,

I rarely read anything negative about the stock level talent in this country. I believe we *may* be world leaders at stock (not a put down) but we need to catch up and better develop the modified level (my opinion, but I am not putting anyone down). That is were most comments come from.

I think it's great that all the overseas drivers are there. Makes for a better race for sure. I think it's really good to follow the ETS series also.

Steve
corallyman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:24 PM
  #289  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,883
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Dont forget, stock in Europe is 10.5
Big Features is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:00 PM
  #290  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,189
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I think it's about time we decouple speed from skill when it comes to our RC classes. You pretty much have to be a professional to do well in mod. The same is not true for the stock classes.
syndr0me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:12 PM
  #291  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (63)
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,147
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I think it's about time we decouple speed from skill when it comes to our RC classes. You pretty much have to be a professional to do well in mod. The same is not true for the stock classes.
I think it is time to decouple money and contingency from stock racing. When manufacturer stop paying drivers to run stock then you MIGHT see a change. If money is on the line then all bets are off.

Does anyone know if Liverc will be working tomorrow?
artwork is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:25 PM
  #292  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,530
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by artwork View Post
I think it is time to decouple money and contingency from stock racing. When manufacturer stop paying drivers to run stock then you MIGHT see a change. If money is on the line then all bets are off.

Does anyone know if Liverc will be working tomorrow?
The people who are really getting paid dont run stock. There are some high caliber drivers who may get some help that run stock, but at the end of the day they still have to pay the entry and hotel, travel, etc. I can attest for some of my friends (Haynes, Dodge, Xavier) for example who are all running stock 12th. Dodge and X are sponsored, but do not get paid, and must pay their own entries, hotel, tires, etc etc. Haynes doesnt even have that luxury of a sponsor, he is a complete privateer at the moment.

Im pretty sure if you wanted to pay them, I think theyd move out of stock.
geeunit1014 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:01 PM
  #293  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
The people who are really getting paid dont run stock. There are some high caliber drivers who may get some help that run stock, but at the end of the day they still have to pay the entry and hotel, travel, etc. I can attest for some of my friends (Haynes, Dodge, Xavier) for example who are all running stock 12th. Dodge and X are sponsored, but do not get paid, and must pay their own entries, hotel, tires, etc etc. Haynes doesnt even have that luxury of a sponsor, he is a complete privateer at the moment.

Im pretty sure if you wanted to pay them, I think theyd move out of stock.
True Mr. Gee!!! Mod has become SO fast that privateers can't really justify running it any longer. Pay someone to do it full time, and they can spend the time required to reach that level without having to compromise in other areas of their lives.......
CypressMidWest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:11 PM
  #294  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
True Mr. Gee!!! Mod has become SO fast that privateers can't really justify running it any longer. Pay someone to do it full time, and they can spend the time required to reach that level without having to compromise in other areas of their lives.......
I thought the battery, tire, motor wars we're over in mod IMHO

I thought it was all driver in mod, not to say stock drivers aren't good drivers but having read some threads about blinky, boost I'd think that mod would be setup and driver more than the stock package would require

Curious about others opinions?

I12
Infinite 12th is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:21 AM
  #295  
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Originally Posted by Big Features View Post
Dont forget, stock in Europe is 10.5
in europe, now stock is 13.5T
Luppi Stefano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:11 AM
  #296  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
So with one round of qualifying left:

2x 1/12 world champion Naoto Matsukura is sitting 2nd in 13.5 boosted 1/12.

2wd off-road world champion and 2010 on-road world champion runner-up Hayato Matsuzaki is sitting 5th in 17.5 boosted sedan.

Can we please stop disrespecting the level of competition in the stock classes in this country?
Who is in front of Naoto in 1:12th stock ?? Markus Mobus HE IS GERMAN
sidecarphil1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:12 AM
  #297  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano View Post
in europe, now stock is 13.5T
At club races here in holland yes BUT in EPS and the German nationals it is 10.5
sidecarphil1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:25 AM
  #298  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
So with one round of qualifying left:

2x 1/12 world champion Naoto Matsukura is sitting 2nd in 13.5 boosted 1/12.

2wd off-road world champion and 2010 on-road world champion runner-up Hayato Matsuzaki is sitting 5th in 17.5 boosted sedan.

Can we please stop disrespecting the level of competition in the stock classes in this country?
We rule in stock. We have tons of pro level talent that run stock for life. (not a put down!)
Maybell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:26 AM
  #299  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...building minis
Posts: 3,250
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

B-main bump'n runs are going to start in about 20 minutes. Unbridled action is about to ensue!
Greg Sharpe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:21 AM
  #300  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
newera152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Conn
Posts: 1,015
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default sal

sal I see ya,
newera152 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service