R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrRacing View Post
To the folks organizing the Snowbird race: Just thought you may want to know....

Here in the Mid-West, we just had our race finale for our Asphalt Assault Series 2011 at Leisure Hours Raceway, in Joliet, IL. During the 5 race point series at 4 different tracks, we had a total of 49 VTA cars participate. At the series finale we had 34 VTA cars show up! 3 groups (12, 11, 11) and 2 Mains (A + B, 17 cars in each) and "everyone" had an Outstanding time. Running 17 VTA's on the track at once was Awsome.

And ALL of the VTA Cars were running VTA Rules (not ROAR).

I think I can speak for the Mid-West contingent and hope that you decide to run VTA at your Snowbird race, and run it under VTA Rules (i.e. 25.5 Motor etc.).

V/R
+100...and dont forget the VTA racers in the south, Thunder RC(Nashville), Sir Goony's(Knoxville), Battlefield On-road(Lafayette), Hotshots(Atlanta), MSRA(Memphis) and dont forget the Florida and Texas tracks, and others...USVTA is everywhere...
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
+100...and dont forget the VTA racers in the south, Thunder RC(Nashville), Sir Goony's(Knoxville), Battlefield On-road(Lafayette), Hotshots(Atlanta), MSRA(Memphis) and dont forget the Florida and Texas tracks, and others...USVTA is everywhere...
That's right.... and "VTA Rules" ..... None of this 21.5 stuff!!!
XRay T3 '009 (VTA), XRay T3 '10 (USGT), Tamiya M05 (Mini),
Tekin, Spektrum.
StarrRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrRacing View Post
That's right.... and "VTA Rules" ..... None of this 21.5 stuff!!!
you wont get any agurement from me...and 100's more
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:09 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Dear Mike....we are not terribly sorry about hijacking your thread but you asked for a show of support. CAN YOU HEAR US NOW ?
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #20
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

You VTA guys are pretty demanding for a class that had 13 entries last time mike offered it.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
You VTA guys are pretty demanding for a class that had 13 entries last time mike offered it.

EA
Well, that was then and this is now. It just shows that VTA as a non roar affiliated class has shown definitive growth.
Eric, aren't you the ROAR electric section chairman ?
What year was VTA at the Bird's ?? 2009 ? 2010 ?
Either way......VTA has seen a lot of growth in just the past year so looking back isn't worth doing. Time to look forward.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #22
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Well, that was then and this is now. It just shows that VTA as a non roar affiliated class has shown definitive growth.
Eric, aren't you the ROAR electric section chairman ?
What year was VTA at the Bird's ?? 2009 ? 2010 ?
Either way......VTA has seen a lot of growth in just the past year so looking back isn't worth doing. Time to look forward.
Just playing devils advocate. I dont care which rules he uses....to me use the ones that draws the most racers!! It was 2009 BTW. He didnt offer it again due to low interest that year. Paved nats had VTA this year and had 7 entries. Not sure if using straight VTA rules would have helped or not. Couldnt have hurt for sure!!

No longer with ROAR. Was kicked out for calling a Rule dumb...which that rule is still dumb! LOL

EA
Old 08-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #23
Tech Elite

No problem. I think vta at the paved nats was also ROAR rules. The ROAR version of VTA isn't helping the situation and I'll bet that didn't help the paved nats. At some point the official rules must be the emphasis.
So you PO'd ROAR.....well that just elevates your status as a racer's racer. Glad you stuck to your belief.
The best thing I can say is that racers flock to those events that truly welcome them. Myron is proving that with the USVTA Southern Nats and Mike has proven that with the Bird's year after year.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #24
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
No problem. I think vta at the paved nats was also ROAR rules. Not sure though. So you PO'd ROAR.....well that just elevates your status as a racer's racer. Glad you stuck to your belief.
The best thing I can say is that racers flock to those events that truly welcome them. Myron is proving that with the USVTA Southern Nats and Mike has proven that with the Bird's year after year.
Yep I agree. I'll be at the USVTA Southern Nats as its at my local track but I'll only be running TC.

I think you'll see VTA make a comeback at the birds. It seems to be very popular at most places now. But if he does it and guys dont show up it probably wont get a 3rd chance! LOL

EA
Old 08-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #25
Tech Master

Thanks guys... definitely listening! Going to start working on classes soon.

Mike
www.snowbirdnationals.com

More to come.....
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #26
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCThunder View Post
Thanks guys... definitely listening! Going to start working on classes soon.

Mike

More to come.....
Go to hear Mike. You always do a great job of offering the wanted classes! Im sure VTA would be a good addition to bring back with its huge following! We have a large race here in a few weeks and have over 100 signed up thus far!

EA
Old 08-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In all my years of racing never made it to The Birds, plannig on coming this year and dragging Bartos with me. Also planning on running VTA if offered.

chuck
mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #28
Tech Master

Hello racers. The end of summer is near and we are getting closer and closer to the 18th annual 2012 Snowbird Nationals! Just a reminder you have one month left to get in on the hotel special room deal. Book before September 31st and get a free room upgrade and 2 free breakfast buffets this year! Awesome deal for sure. Details are on the race site, along with race schedule so you can start planning your racing vacation now. We will be posting classes in October. Very consistent with last year and a couple new ones are being included to add to the fun. Initial response to the event has been outstanding. Make sure you like our Facebook page, now with over 2200 fans now! I try and post daily as the race nears.

CYA,
Mike
Old 09-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Would be really nice to see the classes listed before the hotel special is gone. What classes that are run may make or break my plans to attend my first birds.

Lets just say if VTA is involved I know a group from chicago whose's ears will perk up wink wink
B5m
DEX410 Spec
witz_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #30
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by witz_dan View Post
Would be really nice to see the classes listed before the hotel special is gone. What classes that are run may make or break my plans to attend my first birds.

Lets just say if VTA is involved I know a group from chicago whose's ears will perk up wink wink
:-)