R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #151
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
The page there is from their site when searching for "lithium". So I would assume whats on their page is the most up to date on batteries. Doesnt mean they wont change it tomorrow! LOL

Everytime I get mine checked in the xray machine in my carry on stuff the people working there have no clue what they are and dont care as long as it doesnt set the explosive detection device off when the swab it and scan the swab. Its really kinda scary the TSA workers dont know the TSA rules.

I carried about 20 packs back from IIC in Vegas in my carry on and they said nothing after the swab scan.

EA
That is good to know. Thanks.

Something else Ive always wondered, as Ive never flown with RC gear before.... Is regarding pistol grip transmitters? People say to take them with you in your carry-on luggage. I imagine you pull out the transmitter from your bag as it is going thru the Xray machine?

Has anyone ever gotten hassled regarding their transmitter?
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #152
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
That is good to know. Thanks.

Something else Ive always wondered, as Ive never flown with RC gear before.... Is regarding pistol grip transmitters? People say to take them with you in your carry-on luggage. I imagine you pull out the transmitter from your bag as it is going thru the Xray machine?

Going to Vegas I carried on 3 cars (1 TC and 2 12ths), 20 packs, about 10-12 motors, my radio and GFX. They swabbed everything and that was it. Cars all had a battery tapped in them and the radio still had the battery in it.

I always carry this stuff on and never had any issues at all. They will do a bag check and when they do just be nice to them and tell them what it is and most of the time they are so interested in learning more about it that they arent their usual smart butts. Ive had them go as far as take pics of my cars...LOL They will usually call over their buddies to check it out too. People behind you will hate you for holding up the line but oh well!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #153
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Going to Vegas I carried on 3 cars (1 TC and 2 12ths), 20 packs, about 10-12 motors, my radio and GFX. They swabbed everything and that was it. Cars all had a battery tapped in them and the radio still had the battery in it.

I always carry this stuff on and never had any issues at all. They will do a bag check and when they do just be nice to them and tell them what it is and most of the time they are so interested in learning more about it that they arent their usual smart butts. Ive had them go as far as take pics of my cars...LOL They will usually call over their buddies to check it out too. People behind you will hate you for holding up the line but oh well!

EA
E. are you sure it was becuase you held up the line or maybe they knew you
sorry could not resist.

Great job Sunday, you are def. the man to beat.
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #154
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mracer View Post
Another stupid question: Can we pay when we get there or are there only a limited number of spots? Just wondering if I should pre-pay or just pay when I get there?

Thanks in advance!
We take entries at the race.. no worries. Thanks!
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #155
Tech Regular

Quote:
Flown a number of times and never been hassled over my Transmitter. It's been in checked baggage the last few times, although as I mentioned before I do unplug the battery before I pack it.

I do know others that swear by taking it on as carry on....and it would be really hard to get a stick radio I could use in the US
MarkBurgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #156
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

so the best bet is to take my radio and lipos as my carry-on...and pray my Trinity bag doesnt get destroyed in 2 hours....correct?
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Ive never heard this before. Can anyone verify this rule for US air travel?

Does this mean you shouldnt bring a storage pack/case with 5-6 lipo packs by itself? What is the proper way to "pack" batteries for air travel? In their individual box that they were sold in?
When I've gone to Snowbirds, usually travel with 2 oval cars, and 2 on road, so I had 8 cells with me and not a problem. Did have to turn on the radio and operate a car once. Not sure it was to confirm that the radio did what is was to or just a TSA person taking a little tooooooo much interest.

Also, I normally have an RC magazine with me and a page taged to open showing a race if need.

My race buddies, also let me go first through the line ...... Dimmick .. Ficco .. so when TSA see thier stuff, no issues.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #158
Tech Master

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #159
Tech Champion

is there a place to view the entries?
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #160
Tech Master

Thanks for the sticky! No on-line entries yet... Added a couple more sponsors that are coming to the Snowbirds this year. Make sure to see their links on our home page. It is really shaping up to be an awesome Snowbirds! And check our Facebook page for daily race updates! CYA!!

Mike
www.snowbirdnationals.com

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #161
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any word on what motor will be used for the ameteur tc class? Does the handout motor have adjustable timing, or will it be locked?
NPETRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #162
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
When I've gone to Snowbirds, usually travel with 2 oval cars, and 2 on road, so I had 8 cells with me and not a problem. Did have to turn on the radio and operate a car once. Not sure it was to confirm that the radio did what is was to or just a TSA person taking a little tooooooo much interest.

Also, I normally have an RC magazine with me and a page taged to open showing a race if need.

My race buddies, also let me go first through the line ...... Dimmick .. Ficco .. so when TSA see thier stuff, no issues.
Yea, thanks. I see what you're really up to..

-Dimmick
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #163
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Got a buddy looking to split a room. If anyone is interested LMK
Old 01-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #164
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPETRO View Post
Any word on what motor will be used for the ameteur tc class? Does the handout motor have adjustable timing, or will it be locked?
Handout motor?!
avink007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #165
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My mistake, I thought there was a spec motor that everyone had to run (that's what I was told by a couple of people) for the ameteur class
NPETRO is offline   Reply With Quote