R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-27-2002, 05:38 PM   #46
Tech Apprentice

Is it true that MASAMI run using a Associated or just a typo error ....
wacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 05:53 PM   #47
Tech Adept

Like I said, "unofficial" I tried my best to get stuff accurate but until I get all of the forms back, there is bound to be a few mistakes along the way.

Also, look for an article tonight called "The worst of the best" with some great pictures and crash footage.
KerryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 06:26 PM   #48
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sweet, Kerry...

So, when is that last A-Main run gonna be ready??? It all happened pretty fast that I'd like to see how that race went...

Thanks.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 06:38 PM   #49
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Tony,

Congrats on 3rd place finish, and I really appreciate you putting me down on your sponsor list, thanks a lot!

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 06:49 PM   #50
Tech Adept

I have about 2 hours of video footage I am editing up. I will have things up as fast as I can get all the footage organized. From there, editing is the easy part.
Old 05-27-2002, 08:34 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Well, you posted at 5:49pm. It's now 7:33. Anything???? hahahaha Can you see I'm the impatient type...

Steve, that's the least I could do. Having those extra sets of tires to help get the setup good really helped out. Plus, I told you if I made the main I'd do that....couldn't back out on that....
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
Old 05-27-2002, 10:22 PM   #52
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to wolfeman09 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfeman09

Another typo is that Mike Dumas races for Associated and not Losi. I met Mike in line waiting to practice and he was a very nice guy and he put on some amazing passes in his races. Especially towards the end coming on the last turn and making a pass to move up a position. That was sweet and one of the best passes of the event.
wolfeman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 11:32 AM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Doesn't ANYONE have total results yet? Weren't there 160 other racers there beside the invitationals?

Where are their times and finishing? Or was the program so messed up that it will never be determined.

I know of one invitational driver who had to leave and not make the last race because of the time on sunday. Other's couldn't wait for the total results. Anyone?
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 01:47 PM   #54
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Just so you know, the reults were not done by the computer on the track, but at the Tamiya office to add up the wins..
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 01:55 PM   #55
Tech Adept

As soon as we get all of the final results from Tamiya today, we will post everything. The made sure the top 3 finishers were accurate and that is the information we have posted to our site. I didn't want to post the unofficial results because we know of at least one major error in them.

Rest assured, as soon as the results are available, they will be posted. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Old 05-28-2002, 02:17 PM   #56
R/C Tech Founder

Anybody know which scoring software they were using? I would be interested to know.
Old 05-28-2002, 02:19 PM   #57
Tech Adept

Pretty sure it was Autoscore, but problems arose because of the invitational using a points system and the other heats using a triple-A-Main setup.

If anyone wants to seriously contribute to this hobby, write a good race management system and make it affordable.
Old 05-28-2002, 03:12 PM   #58
Tech Fanatic

Default Thanks to Kerry & WildHobbies

Hey Kerry,
Thanks for all of the work in making the photos and results available to us. We're fortunate you can do this because it appears no one else can or will (Tamiya, Reedy where are you?).
coolrcdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 04:09 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Well, I'm sure that there will be a TON of pix and results posted, Kerry just happens to be the one that is actually DOING it!!!! I've noticed that Kerry and Wildhobbies does get things done, and does them right. Example, posting ONLY the top 3, and waiting for official results for the rest of the main. Thanks goodness the top 3 were right
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
Old 05-28-2002, 04:18 PM   #60
Tech Adept

Just to give a small glimpse into what we are going through. I currently have 220 photos to finish going through and 2 hours of video footage of 5 minute heats to index to try to come up with the best pics and videos.

Knowing what this is taking to complete, next time I will have a clipboard so I can write down the name of the clip (like Open Mod A-Main #2) and the time code so I can go back and find stuff easier.

I already have people asking for VHS and DVD copies and I have barely even begun encoding everything.

I will promise the final standings as soon as I have them and will work on getting more pics and video highlights up as fast as I can (unfortunately I have a day job).