R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilks View Post
If racing without timing, nothing beats the Corally (it has also been banned in some countries). But they are pretty worthless when racing boosted classes.
No im in an unboosted class but why r they no good if u use boost? and i think im gonna go black diamond esc and corallly pro red 17.5 with no boost
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Quote:
If racing without timing, nothing beats the Corally (it has also been banned in some countries). But they are pretty worthless when racing boosted classes.
Pretty worthless in boosted? You joking?? They are not brca legal here but most places still let you run them, if running outdoors and against a corally with a boosted speedo, unless you've got the same motor you have zero hope of keeping up! Indoors it's not such an advantage as you can't use all it's power.
Mb3195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #33
Tech Master

well im using my corally red for indoor season i hope thers still a bit of an advantage
Old 08-02-2011, 02:01 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb3195 View Post
Pretty worthless in boosted? You joking?? They are not brca legal here but most places still let you run them, if running outdoors and against a corally with a boosted speedo, unless you've got the same motor you have zero hope of keeping up! Indoors it's not such an advantage as you can't use all it's power.
Before all this boost thing started, everyone used the Corally motors here in Denmark. But nobody used them through the boost-era. Now that we are back at zero timing, everybody uses them again.

But that was in the indoor season, so that might be it. But IMO the feel is terrible in a Corally. No real throttle control.

And on top of that, some ESC's (like the Tekin) can't even run with the Corally - though you can get lucky and get one that does.
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbulb View Post
I use a Murfdogg motor with a Tekin RS. Awesomeness.
+1
PinoyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #36
Tech Master

Quote:
Before all this boost thing started, everyone used the Corally motors here in Denmark. But nobody used them through the boost-era. Now that we are back at zero timing, everybody uses them again.

But that was in the indoor season, so that might be it. But IMO the feel is terrible in a Corally. No real throttle control.

And on top of that, some ESC's (like the Tekin) can't even run with the Corally - though you can get lucky and get one that does.
Really eh no throttle control meaning theres no inbetween speeds just fast and stop
Old 08-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Quote:

Get the speedo set up ok and you'll have no problem with it. Only the tekins cant run it, all others can.

I run a hobbywing and it's an awesome combo, don't get me wrong, not the easiest motor to handle but that's where skill comes into it defo the fastest without question.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb3195 View Post
Get the speedo set up ok and you'll have no problem with it. Only the tekins cant run it, all others can.

I run a hobbywing and it's an awesome combo, don't get me wrong, not the easiest motor to handle but that's where skill comes into it defo the fastest without question.
well what do u mean by not the easiest motor to handle hows it different from the rest what will i need to know if i get this motor??
Old 08-03-2011, 11:59 PM   #39
Tech Regular

It's more powerful, has much more acceleration and is much quicker, anything that's quicker is harder to drive
Old 08-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #40
Tech Master

ok i thought maybe there was something i had to magiver with the electronics but if its just faster motor big deal i will learn how to control it lolol
Old 08-07-2011, 01:06 AM   #41
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
ok i thought maybe there was something i had to magiver with the electronics but if its just faster motor big deal i will learn how to control it lolol
You might be on a step learning curve, from what I have seen of 13.5 pro reds, they are totally bonkers If you have the driving skills to use one then nothing can touch them, if not you will need a deep pocket to buy spares for your broken car

Bb
bucketboy is offline   Reply With Quote