R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #241
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martynp View Post
Am i correct in thinking that the parts needed to upgrade too the Dh version are the chassis, top deck , and 2 piece suspension mounts. And does anyone know if a conversion kit is coming out
Yep, that's it. And rotate your servo, and use a few spacers under the ballstud on the servo saver. Servo tape under the servo to stop it moving around on the single mount.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #242
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the info Willow
Old 05-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #243
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wollow86 View Post
Got to race the car on the weekend, and I have to say, I love the DH.

I set a new PB for a club day, on a very low grip track (the car was a drift car for the first lap or 2 on cold tyre's). And was only .2 of my fastest ever lap there, which was on a large comp day, with sauce and warmers.

The car is so much smoother with the front gear diff.

I have some full size TRF shocks on the way, anyone who's running these what spring packs are you using? I was thinking HPI because I can get them locally, but I'm not sure if its the pairs of pro matched springs, or the pro 4 set that I should be getting?
I'll be using hpi springs on mine when I get to finish building it.........sakura dh did well in much more on weekend in 21.5 second overall would have interesting if it didn't get rained out on Sunday and also groomie's dh at rivo track is still on pace with the other na brands tc....
TRF4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:50 AM   #244
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF4evr View Post
I'll be using hpi springs on mine when I get to finish building it.........sakura dh did well in much more on weekend in 21.5 second overall would have interesting if it didn't get rained out on Sunday and also groomie's dh at rivo track is still on pace with the other na brands tc....
The Dh seems to be holding its own very well. Mine was pretty damn good on the weekend.

The hpi springs your getting, are you going the pairs of pro matched, or the pro4 pack?
Old 05-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #245
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wollow86 View Post
The Dh seems to be holding its own very well. Mine was pretty damn good on the weekend.

The hpi springs your getting, are you going the pairs of pro matched, or the pro4 pack?
I think they are the pro pack i'll be just using silvers all around to start off with. Which I use on my trf416x
Old 05-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #246
Tech Regular

New dcj for the XI coming soon
Attached Thumbnails
New Sakura XI-sakx27.jpg  
Old 07-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #247
Tech Rookie

I´m have a question concerning the DH Conversion kit.
Has some of you experience with new DH chassis on carpet?
I drive the new Chassis at a Race on asphalt in Germany Braunschweig last week. And must say, the car drive really good.
I look forward, the summer in germany is not so good. the indoor sasion strated in one month.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #248
Tech Apprentice

Good Day All XI Owners, Was Wondering I someone has played with the XI upper deck on the XI DH kit and maybe vice versa. Looking for a option to stiffen the chassis some had a race a week ago and the grip was quite high and felt the need to reduce some flex. Any Ideas/thoughts??

Something els I have been bussy with is the o-ring in the gear diff, the anti-wear grease just is not right, it stiffens the diff up way to much( even if you leave the oil out). I have used a 4.5x1.5x7mm or-ring that I put on my Dremel and sand down the out dia. some it works much better but to get consistancy is not easy, I think a Silicone o-ring would work just fin but can't find any. The std o-ring goes way to stiff over the ourdrive and very quickly turns inside the diff housing and leak. Silicone is nice and soft and slippery. Any Help pls.

Think this is a great car and I am also the importer of this product Really Cool.
charl mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #249
Tech Apprentice

Has some maybe got a Pound rating for the 3R Springs.

Would also like to know what you guys are doing to hold the battery in, does other manufactures lipo holder fit stopping the lipo from moving out. (hooks)

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #250
Tech Apprentice

I have had no issues with the gear diff leaking because of the o rings. What I did find was that with 3 shims i between the out drive and gears that it was tight, but I removed one and run 2 shims and the diff is fine. Mine is 3 months old now and not had 1 leak.
I hold my batteries in with 2 layers of tape. I use 2 layers just to make it thicker so that it does not get broken as easily as a single layer. Since doing this I have had no problems with the tape breaking just replace it every couple of runs so that the adhesive does not get clogged with dirt and fails to stick properly.
Sorry but not tried messing with tops decks, mine is an originnal X1 kit not the DH, but I have changed to Tamiya springs recently and the car is more stable.

Hope this helps
Old 07-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #251
Tech Apprentice

Hi Martynp

Thanks for the info, im looking for a option like used in the Xray to old the lipo in but your method sound reliablie. What springs are you using from tamiya and is it asphalt or carpet.

Going to try the XI upper deck just to stiffen it up abit on high grip tracks. Also getting the double cvd's and new motor mount, looks good.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #252
Tech Apprentice

I was running on tarmac with no addative as not allowed on our track also no warmers. I have 40wt Schumacher oil in all shocks and had White springs on the rear and Blue on the front
Old 07-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #253
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Grip

Hi All
Wondering if anybody has any ideas im struggling with grip coming out of corners and getting a little push into fast sweepers
Im running on a boral surface (grip paint)
Thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Mark
Groomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #254
Tech Rookie

Default 48 pitch gears

Sounds like the XI DH is a good car, is anyone running 48 pitch gears with this model, would I be right in thinking that a 8 hole spur gear is gonna fit OK?

Is the chassis noticably flexible? and suitable for asphalt low grip?

Wishing you fun, Stu
Old 07-20-2012, 02:41 AM   #255
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomie View Post
Hi All
Wondering if anybody has any ideas im struggling with grip coming out of corners and getting a little push into fast sweepers
Im running on a boral surface (grip paint)
Thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Mark
Depending on your current setup there's a few things that worked for me. Are you using the DH or stock version? The DH will add some high speed steering. For the rear to lock it down I used 3deg rear toe. I also removed a shim from the inner link, and run the shortest rear arm setting. With the DH I've been running 2deg rear toe, and now I also run an oild diff in the front with 300000wt. I'm going to try adding the rear shim (1mm) back in to add back a little more rear grip with the 2deg rear.

What's your current setup?