Wiki Posts
Search

TT-01E With Traxxas Velineon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default TT-01E With Traxxas Velineon?

Hi, I'm pretty new to electric cars, I want to know what upgrades to the drivetrain are needed on a TT-01E to run a Traxxas Velineon 3500KV and VXL-3s, What is key here is I will only be running 6 Cell NIMH's, No 3s Lipo's or any extreme RPM, The main reason I like brushless is low friction and long run-time.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UnderFire
Hi, I'm pretty new to electric cars, I want to know what upgrades to the drivetrain are needed on a TT-01E to run a Traxxas Velineon 3500KV and VXL-3s, What is key here is I will only be running 6 Cell NIMH's, No 3s Lipo's or any extreme RPM, The main reason I like brushless is low friction and long run-time.
drop it in and run it. shouldnt have any problems. just be careful how crazy you get on your epa on your radio for the steering unless your have cvd's in the front end. if you dont, the dog bones may jump in and out of the outdrive cups. also watch the temps and gear accordingly
any more ?? just send me a pm..ive ran tamiyas alot and know a few things about em
Old 07-20-2011, 08:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Only thing I'd upgrade would be full bearings throughout and Alloy centre shaft.