R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #91
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Drifdreamer - The Griffin 12 is not available as a full kit yet. We expect to start making complete Griffin 12 kits after IIC. I had hoped to have them prior but a few items are a little held up in production so I had to push back the release date. We should be able to start shipping those around October 12th and the kit will come with .020 front springs.

Khador12 - Yes, exactly the same.

For those of you looking for your orders, I'm really sorry but I've been really sick the past week +. Those who have talked to me on the phone can verify... This weekend, I am doing what I can (naps included) to work on everything and get it all out the door. More Xray chassis and top decks are cut, Griffin 12 parts cutting now and our Xanthos oval parts being cut tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully, we will have a huge pile of boxes heading out of here Monday and Tuesday so we can be caught up and I have time to rest a little before the IIC Warm-Up next weekend.

I'll update everyone here probably Sunday night or Monday morning.
Thanks for the heads up Josh. Dont forget that oval front end when you send my Griffin 12th conversion
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #92
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Drifdreamer - The Griffin 12 is not available as a full kit yet. We expect to start making complete Griffin 12 kits after IIC. I had hoped to have them prior but a few items are a little held up in production so I had to push back the release date. We should be able to start shipping those around October 12th and the kit will come with .020 front springs.

Khador12 - Yes, exactly the same.

For those of you looking for your orders, I'm really sorry but I've been really sick the past week +. Those who have talked to me on the phone can verify... This weekend, I am doing what I can (naps included) to work on everything and get it all out the door. More Xray chassis and top decks are cut, Griffin 12 parts cutting now and our Xanthos oval parts being cut tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully, we will have a huge pile of boxes heading out of here Monday and Tuesday so we can be caught up and I have time to rest a little before the IIC Warm-Up next weekend.

I'll update everyone here probably Sunday night or Monday morning.
When your feeling better and have some time could you post pic of the Griff12

Thank you
Old 09-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #93
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
that's good to know because I have unlimited text and cell phone minutes and I'm not afraid to use them to make Andy miserable.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:58 PM   #94
Tech Master

Jamison - I haven't forgot!!

Infinite - CAD conversion pics on the CEFX site. If you are looking for built pics of the new production car, I don't have any yet - Just my car from last year.

Andy - Classic!!

Today was a good cutting day. All the Xray stuff is caught up and Griffin 12 is mostly done. I did have the pleasure of a coughing fit to where I blacked out and ended up on the floor (a first) but hopefully everyone will enjoy their parts!!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:17 AM   #95
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:

Infinite - CAD conversion pics on the CEFX site. If you are looking for built pics of the new production car, I don't have any yet - Just my car from last year.

Andy - Classic!!

Today was a good cutting day. All the Xray stuff is caught up and Griffin 12 is mostly done. I did have the pleasure of a coughing fit to where I blacked out and ended up on the floor (a first) but hopefully everyone will enjoy their parts!!
Thanks I hope you feel better soon

Take care of yourself and good luck with your racing

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 09-11-2011 at 02:55 AM.
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #96
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy who? View Post
Quote:

Andy - Classic!!

Andy, with that attitude I may have to start driving up to your local track instead of using cellular communications.

Josh, should I prepay for a kit so I'll have one reserved when you are ready to ship?
Old 09-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #97
Tech Master

Jamison - I'm off to work now but I am working on your front end tonight or tomorrow morning (#1 on my list) then it's going in the box with your 1/12 stuff and on the way to you.

ToysRUsKid - I have to sort out the pricing first. I should be able to get to that early next week being that I finally am getting caught up.

Finished cutting a bunch of 1/12 stuff for orders today and made a ton of delrin parts for our 1/10 oval cars. I have 1 more day of heavy CNC work on Xanthos oval car parts and then I should be even up with all our current orders. From there, I'm going to get everything ready for the IIC Warm-Up this weekend at The Gate.

All Griffin 12 orders will be out of here by tomorrow, all Xray parts orders are already out of here and Xanthos has been shipping with more finishing up Wednesday and Thursday.... Finally getting caught back up!!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #98
Tech Elite

Quote:
ToysRUsKid - I have to sort out the pricing first. I should be able to get to that early next week being that I finally am getting caught up.
Ok, can't wait to get the car. Happy to hear you've recovered. Good luck at IIC.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:48 AM   #99
Tech Elite

Figured I'd ask the question here before sending Andy a couple hundred text...

Which body do you run for 12th scale and which battery do you think fit better the deans or bullet batteries?
Old 09-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #100
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Figured I'd ask the question here before sending Andy a couple hundred text...

Which body do you run for 12th scale and which battery do you think fit better the deans or bullet batteries?
Check out Rcprogear.com/page/2

Amr-12
Bullets
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Check out Rcprogear.com/page/2

Amr-12
Bullets
THanks Mike. How's horsham this year?
Old 09-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #102
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
THanks Mike. How's horsham this year?
Unfortunately not open yet.. one more week.
where will you be running 1/12?
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #103
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Unfortunately not open yet.. one more week.
where will you be running 1/12?
Indy track friday nights. i saw the horsham thread and thought you guys were in full swing.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #104
Tech Elite

Putting this thread back on the front page.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #105
Tech Master

Our very first injection molded parts are in!!! Unfortunetly a day late for testing at the IIC Warm-Up last week but that's ok. These were the very first test shots and already the molds are being worked on to polish some areas up and put the final finish on them. We are also making a small adjustment to the rear rim but otherwise they should be pretty set to go. Another batch of test shots is shipping tomorrow so we will have a limited supply for the IIC as the first shots are good enough to race.

The bearing fit is tight in the front rims also right now which may be adjusted or we will actually ream the rims here when they arrive. I think a lot of us are tired of taping our front rims to keep the bearings in and then watching them wobble. I specified how I wanted the injection points and these rims are super true!! I haven't had a set of tires bolt onto my car this straight in a very long time so I'm excited to hit the track and test them. I may be out to MSI after work on Wednesday to give them a try or it will be this weekend.

One more project almost here and in production!!
Attached Thumbnails
CEFX 2011-12-rims-1.jpg   CEFX 2011-12-rims-2.jpg   CEFX 2011-12-rims-3.jpg   CEFX 2011-12-rims-4.jpg   CEFX 2011-12-rims-5.jpg