R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #631
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have had a griffin for 6months and get to race 1 or 2 times a month. the motor mount has been holding just fine, but recently i have been losing gear mesh with slight(maybe not so slight) bumps. i cleaned all 4 surfaces with motor spray thinking that grease or oil got in there.

originallly i only sanded the graphite part with 400grit, i am thinking i need to touch up that roughened surface. maybe a coarser grit or more regular sanding?
Old 12-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #632
avs
Tech Master

how are people mounting the sophia? are you matching up the front or rear wheel wells. the bumper nubbins pushes the body quite forward. are people running the body that far forward or are you cutting the bumper nubs off?

i am finally getting around to mounting a fresh sophia body. the used body i have been using is pushed forward to just clear the nubbs. it looks a little weird but its been working well.

thanks for any advice.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #633
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
I have had a griffin for 6months and get to race 1 or 2 times a month. the motor mount has been holding just fine, but recently i have been losing gear mesh with slight(maybe not so slight) bumps. i cleaned all 4 surfaces with motor spray thinking that grease or oil got in there.

originallly i only sanded the graphite part with 400grit, i am thinking i need to touch up that roughened surface. maybe a coarser grit or more regular sanding?
I am assuming you have the new(er) style Griffin motor mount that doesn't require the extra carbon piece? Are you using washers with your motor screws? Are your motor mount bulkheads bent at all?

Since the motor mounts are identical on both sides of the car you can always try swapping bulkheads to see if it makes a difference. I have never sanded my motor mounts and have only had issues with motors moving when I run mod and run into shit at mach 11.

As to the Sophia question, I do not have direct experience with the CEFX WGT car, so take this with a grain of salt: Josh didn't run the foam bumper at IIC, as per the picture I have attached. This might let you mount the body a little further back.
Attached Thumbnails
CEFX 2011-615236_480748801947188_371728662_o.jpg  

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #634
avs
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
I am assuming you have the new(er) style Griffin motor mount that doesn't require the extra carbon piece? Are you using washers with your motor screws? Are your motor mount bulkheads bent at all?

Since the motor mounts are identical on both sides of the car you can always try swapping bulkheads to see if it makes a difference. I have never sanded my motor mounts and have only had issues with motors moving when I run mod and run into shit at mach 11.

As to the Sophia question, I do not have direct experience with the CEFX WGT car, so take this with a grain of salt: Josh didn't run the foam bumper at IIC, as per the picture I have attached. This might let you mount the body a little further back.
i don't know what the older vs newer mount looks like, the piece i have is this.
http://cefxspeedshop.com/12317-Motor...uard-12317.htm

i never sanded the bulkhead only this graphite piece.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #635
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
how are people mounting the sophia? are you matching up the front or rear wheel wells. the bumper nubbins pushes the body quite forward. are people running the body that far forward or are you cutting the bumper nubs off?

i am finally getting around to mounting a fresh sophia body. the used body i have been using is pushed forward to just clear the nubbs. it looks a little weird but its been working well.

thanks for any advice.
Mounted my Sophia with the nubbins 1-2mm clear of the bumper. Yes the shell is forward as a result.

I've tried some different bumpers on my previous 10R5...the CEFX bumper works better than all of them
MarkBurgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #636
avs
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBurgess View Post
Mounted my Sophia with the nubbins 1-2mm clear of the bumper. Yes the shell is forward as a result.

I've tried some different bumpers on my previous 10R5...the CEFX bumper works better than all of them
agreed. the body seems a little forward(based on the front wheels) but it seems to work well, and i don't want to give up any cushion.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:37 AM   #637
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Congrats on the merger Josh.... if you get a chance to come to Seattle.... check us out...

Www.seattlercracers.com

Come experience "The Smooth"........ check out our thread in the NW racer forum for up to date pictures and what not of the current location.... 104'x48' of CRC carpet laid out on an ultra smooth gym floor....
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #638
Tech Regular

Default ... All the best in 2013....

Greetings , hey Josh wishin' CEFX the best for this year; especially with the merger. By the way those Balius Steering knuckles are great ; I've not seen the entire car running but we'll just wait to see what your next developments will be-once again, good luck.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #639
Tech Master

Anyone know how to get in touch with M.Cyrul ?

I sent numerous emails at [email protected] since may 15th ( !!! ) and still no answer. I tried sending him a PM on this forum last week, still no answer...

I can't resist telling my story : ordered a cefx EVO2011 on nov. 23th 2012, my order shipped on february 9th 2013. ( apparently they were moving )

Got back from abroad begining of may 2013 only to find that the steering was missing from my kit ( steering rack, posts, everything. ) Been trying to get in touch without success since. NO I didn't try giving them a phone call because it costs a fortune from where I live. Anyway. I placed an order 10 months ago and still can't run my car. NOT happy.

Last edited by heretic; 09-29-2013 at 07:27 AM. Reason: spelling !
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #640
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
Anyone know how to get in touch with M.Cyrul ?

I sent numerous emails at [email protected] since may 15th ( !!! ) and still no answer. I tried sending him a PM on this forum last week, still no answer...

I can't resist telling my story : ordered a cefx EVO2011 on nov. 23th 2012, my order shipped on february 9th 2013. ( apparently they were moving )

Got back from abroad begining of may 2013 only to find that the steering was missing from my kit ( steering rack, posts, everything. ) Been trying to get in touch without success since. NO I didn't try giving them a phone call because it costs a fortune from where I live. Anyway. I placed an order 10 months ago and still can't run my car. NOT happy.
Heretic, try this

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showth...68593&page=208

His new email is in post #3106, this link should take you right to it.

Tom
TOM MAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #641
Tech Master

thanks a lot !