R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

What is the difference between Xray T3'11 Split Top Deck and the flex split top deck??...... Thanks!

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #47
ruf
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ruf

Just verifying, does the Griffin 10 need a diff?
Old 08-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is there a grocery list of what is needed to complete an EVO or is it still just better to use a photon for a donor?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #49
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikvdub View Post
What is the difference between Xray T3'11 Split Top Deck and the flex split top deck??...... Thanks!
Hey Alex,
The flexi top deck is bi-directional carbon so it would have a little more flex then the standard quasi carbon, even if they are the same shape and thickness.

When you coming to Michigan? You need to come race at MSI so we can have the smoooooth sounds of Alex V on the announcer stand. LOL.

James
Old 08-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #50
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
Is there a grocery list of what is needed to complete an EVO or is it still just better to use a photon for a donor?
I think that there was a excel sheet or attachment posted some time ago.
PM me your email I think I still have it some where in here if you cant find it.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #51
Tech Master

jag88 - I could but I would need a loaner car for 2-3 days to draw it up, write the CNC and cut some sample parts to make sure everything fits perfect. Interested?

ruf - For the moment, yes. We actually have the right side WGT hub in production right now so it should be here in a few weeks. At that point the entire rear axle assembly will go into the kit - Axle, hubs, diff rings, spur, bearings, ride height adjusters, etc... Should be about 2-3 weeks though.

snoopy - Yes, it's easier with a Photon to start with but we are working on that. First the Griffin 12, 10 and oval cars are being pushed to full kits. The TC would come next but it is planned.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #52
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesReilly View Post
Hey Alex,
The flexi top deck is bi-directional carbon so it would have a little more flex then the standard quasi carbon, even if they are the same shape and thickness.

When you coming to Michigan? You need to come race at MSI so we can have the smoooooth sounds of Alex V on the announcer stand. LOL.

James
Thanks for the Info bro!...... And believe me, I would love to get out there!

.....I gotta say thou, this Xray T3 11' is pretty sweet and all this hop up stuff just makes it better.

....Again, thanks for the kind words!

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
jag88 - I could but I would need a loaner car for 2-3 days to draw it up, write the CNC and cut some sample parts to make sure everything fits perfect. Interested?

I'm interested.
What do I have to do ?
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #54
Tech Rookie

when the new EVO convertion be available?
kambing2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #55
Tech Master

jag - I'll catch up with you after this weekend. I can get the car from you either during the week or after racing at MSI on Wednesday. You could pick it back up from me Saturday with new parts on the car - I wouldn't need battery, motor, reciever or speedo in the car but keep the servo in there.

kambing - As soon as the new motor/mount plates are here I will get all the Evo stuff up/out and going. Should be pretty quick now.

Still working a lot on the web site and actually cleaning up a lot of files in my computer - Somehow, I accidentially deleted out a bunch of pics and the new quoting file I made for the Griffin 12 so I have to finish re-creating that tonight and all the Griffin 12 stuff will be up on the new site with fresh pics and correct prices. Tomorrow, you should be able to order the Griffin 12 conversions. The Griffin 10 WGT car is up there with the correct parts/pics/prices.

Time for the day job... Back to CEFX work tonight!
Old 08-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Time for the day job... Back to CEFX work tonight!
Don't ya hate when real life interferes with the more important things?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #57
ruf
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ruf

Awesome! Can't wait!
Old 08-25-2011, 01:06 AM   #58
Tech Master

Ian - lol... Speaking of which, how's the Champs coming?

ruf - Just recieved pics of the WGT hubs all machined up, going in for tumble/polish and anodizing. So far so good!!

Tonight, a ton more web work for pics and such for the Griffin 12, Griffin 10, Xanthos and Balius kits/parts. All of those items are up on the site now with current prices and ready to order - www.cefxspeedshop.com.

Tomorrow morning, I will finish the price quoting on the Griffin 12 Update kit for 2011. It will include the needed parts to update the car to the 2011 specs.

Also, I have to add these too but we now have spring retainers in stock for both the linear and progressive springs (the nice metal ones). I forgot to add these to the 12th and WGT kits but I will do so in the AM along with that Update Kit.

Last, the new R5 0 and 5/10 combo front upper arm mounts may be in stock on Friday. I will get those listed on the site also. The R5 lower arm mounts will be coming in shortly along with the new arm inserts. Samples of the TiN ball stud kingpins are shipping tomorrow. Oh, I also recieved pictures of the Evo TC mount and motor plates nearly finished being machined. Those will be tumbled, anodized and shipping next week!!

Lots going on here but it's starting to look like Christmas in August (maybe a little early Sept) as everything is starting to roll in the door. We should be in great shape heading into IIC and the start of the indoor season!!
Old 08-25-2011, 03:21 AM   #59
Tech Master

Quote:
I also recieved pictures of the Evo TC mount and motor plates nearly finished being machined. Those will be tumbled, anodized and shipping next week!!
Good news !

I thought steel could not be anodized ?

Also... maybe you could share with us some pictures of your new evo TCs ?

Old 08-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #60
Tech Master

heretic - The new parts won't be steel. They are a new/stronger designed with aluminum instead. The steel parts that were bending were wrong from the mfg and super soft steel. I'll have pics up for the new Evo parts when the motor/mount plates arrive. I'm not pushing the Evo until I have good parts that will make happy customers, not pissed off ones!