Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2011

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Highside - Stock is getting low on those. We had such a huge interest in the Yellow/Grey that we made up most of the rims we had in stock in that compound. However, I have more rims in now that we are prepping and will be mounted hopefully in time for the Nats. Our shipment of tires will be in today (I'm pretty sure) so I will update the site tonight with all the tires back in stock but at the rate they are going, the Yellows and a few others may be out by tomorrow-end of the week range.
I just ordered two more sets of yellow rears. Do you think they will make it before nats?

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Highside - Probably will ship tomorrow. Tire order arrived late today and we thrashed to make UPS but managed to get several out the door. I have a small box of tires I have to true for people and those will all go out. We've been working extremely hard here to get caught up and orders in/out as fast as possible. It's a bit crazy but I'm glad we are keeping up more as we should now!!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default WGT setup help

Hi all, I just got my griffin 10 WGT and was wondering if someone could give me a good starting setup for it. Our track is med. bite and a bit smaller with some tight turns. I have a old skool front end and a R5 front end, would one be recommended over the other?
Second question, I have been reading about the Z4 tires and was wondering what compounds would be the same as CRC black front/ Yellow rear?
Thanks for any help,
Chad J.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Highside - Probably will ship tomorrow. Tire order arrived late today and we thrashed to make UPS but managed to get several out the door. I have a small box of tires I have to true for people and those will all go out. We've been working extremely hard here to get caught up and orders in/out as fast as possible. It's a bit crazy but I'm glad we are keeping up more as we should now!!
Thanks Josh! You are doing great and I appreciate everything you do.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by IIICJACKIII
Hi all, I just got my griffin 10 WGT and was wondering if someone could give me a good starting setup for it. Our track is med. bite and a bit smaller with some tight turns. I have a old skool front end and a R5 front end, would one be recommended over the other?
Hi Chad,

Don't have my Griffin 10 to hand...but here's some basics from my running in the UK and the Snowbirds.

I ran the L4 "old skool" front end. 5 degree blocks, 1 degrees negative camber, 0.18 front springs, in-line steering axles

Cell was run in-line and pushed right up against the back of the servo.

Centre shock a lengthened Hot Bodies shock. 35wt oil. Associated Red spring.

Side damper tubes I fused 10,000k grease to lube. And Associated Blue side springs.

that's the basics...remind me at the weekend and I can look up any specifics

Cheers, Mark
Old 03-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just dropped my arbor off at the local machine shop...

Will try the Black/Grey fronts this weekend, but probably won't get a chance to try the rears before Nats.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks mark.
Anyone know what servo the chassis was drilled for? My savox is off center about 1/8". Not that big of a deal, was just wondering.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Mr. Ivy - It was close but your tires shipped (getting good at rolling up to UPS when they are about to close..lol).

JACK - I had a set-up in my e-mail to copy/paste (might even be earlier in this thread) but I can't find it. I'll have to track it down for ya. I would start with the old skool and go from there. I know our set-up was slightly different than Mark's - 0 blocks, 50wt center oil w gold spring & Speed Merchant .020 linear side springs. Chassis are drilled for the KO 951, Futaba and Sanwa (Airtronics) that are all the same size. I think they are also drilled for the small JR (other hole pattern) but I've never seen or looked up the Savox to know the size to consider it in the car - When did they start making a small servo?
Old 03-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

I think I might have enough parts to build the front end that your talking about. I have the Speed merchant "machined old skool front end"
But thanks for the setup help, it will get me started. The Savox servo has been out for at least a year now, I would say. Both the savox and my JR are offset in the chassis, the JR will not even bolt up right. You could bolt it up, but the screws will be to the outside of the holes. It is not a tight/ proper fit. This is the front end I am talking about, http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/sho...l/smr1790.html
Old 03-08-2012, 02:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Josh,

Thanks, very much appreciated

Mr. Ivy - It was close but your tires shipped (getting good at rolling up to UPS when they are about to close..lol).

JACK - I had a set-up in my e-mail to copy/paste (might even be earlier in this thread) but I can't find it. I'll have to track it down for ya. I would start with the old skool and go from there. I know our set-up was slightly different than Mark's - 0 blocks, 50wt center oil w gold spring & Speed Merchant .020 linear side springs. Chassis are drilled for the KO 951, Futaba and Sanwa (Airtronics) that are all the same size. I think they are also drilled for the small JR (other hole pattern) but I've never seen or looked up the Savox to know the size to consider it in the car - When did they start making a small servo?
Old 03-08-2012, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey IIICJACKIII,

A quick fix for the servos is to shoo goo them in you don't really need to bolt them in.

Hope this helps
Mike

Originally Posted by IIICJACKIII
I think I might have enough parts to build the front end that your talking about. I have the Speed merchant "machined old skool front end"
But thanks for the setup help, it will get me started. The Savox servo has been out for at least a year now, I would say. Both the savox and my JR are offset in the chassis, the JR will not even bolt up right. You could bolt it up, but the screws will be to the outside of the holes. It is not a tight/ proper fit. This is the front end I am talking about, http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/sho...l/smr1790.html
Old 03-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Known problem with Savox 'mini' servos. For reasons that surpass understanding they chose to release a servo that meets the size criteria the chassis manufacturers design for - a copy of the JR/Futaba/Sanwa - and then put the output spindle in a completely different position to that standard!!

People have tried to get the mounting with the spindle in the middle of the chassis (don't run it offset, makes for 'orrible 'andling!) and failed even when they try to re-drill the chassis. Mike's Shoo-Goo solution is what you're left with I am afraid, but do make sure the spindle is centred on the chassis. HTH
Old 03-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

I've tried to open their web site to see what their dimensions and position of the output shaft is and I can't get anything to open. If anyone has a servo box or pic/info (like KO is awesome enough to do with their servo dimensions) then please forward it over to me and I'll see how close all the mounting holes are - I'm not sure the popularity of that servo or for that matter the JR ones but if it's prefered to have that position over the JR or it's possible to fit them all, I will see what I can do.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

CEFX 2011-sh-1350%2520technical%2520drawing.jpg
Old 03-09-2012, 05:35 AM
avs
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
the only problem is they left off the dimension locating the output shaft centerline.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.