Mike
Attached Thumbnails
CEFX 2011-screenshot_144.jpg  

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #542
Tech Master

303 - Keep in mind, the rim diameter may vary slightly when comparing them to the Jaco/Parma. You may need to cut your fronts down a little and adjust the front ride height to get the same amount of foam/rim combo to the track to free your car back up. Just a thought. I also know that the black/grey foams are a little different batch to batch and I was told that these fronts the grey was about right but the black was a little softer than normal. Maybe in the future we will have to make a full black front.

The tire order is as follows:

X = 20-23
Pink = 25-28
Magenta = 30-33
Double Pink = 35-38
Team Purple = 40-43
Purple = 45+

White = 25-28
Yellow = 30-33
Grey = 35-38
Black = 40-45

We also may have some other options in the works but those won't be ready for a bit.

As I'm sure a lot of you have seen, orders have been moving at a pretty good clip here the past few days. As of this morning we had 25 orders left to fill and 16 shipped USPS this afternoon. I spent from 7:30am-4:00 cutting graphite so we are finally back up to speed here. I'm finishing up the remaining ones tomorrow morning and they will be shipping Monday with the exception of 3 - Those three are waiting on Grey/Black fronts and Yellow/Grey rears and those will be in stock on Tuesday and immediatly shipped right out.

James - Read above sentance..lol...

Friday, we also recieved in a sizeable shipment of Z4 rims that I am in the process of reaming the fronts for the bearings. Those will go out to be mounted and should add to our stock in time for the Nats. We also have another batch of Z4 rims in production that will ship late this week to keep things rolling as well as now a 4th, much larger shipment that is being sent and will arrive in April. I will be continuing to stock up on rims/tires to keep us in stock all the time and definatly make sure to have substantial quantities of rims/tires in stock and ready for next season.

Serzoni - I just made a few minor adjustments to the file and wrote new CNC code. I also just made the pictures for the site so I just have to finish the part #/info for the site but I will have it up there by tomorrow evening at the latest.

Back to it....
Old 03-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #543
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post

We also may have some other options in the works but those won't be ready for a bit.
Awesome!

Thanks for the shipment today Josh! Your work and product are great appreciated!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #544
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Peter Robinson what did you cut your fronts to at snowbird
Thanks.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #545
Tech Master

303 - If I remember from cutting his tires at the Birds, I want to say the rears were 1.68" and the fronts were 1.60" or 1.58"... I'm pretty sure on the rears but the fronts I'm not 100%.

Those looking for the R5 replacement chassis - Do you want the chassis and center shock mount sold seperately or do you want a type of kit that would include both chassis, center shock mount, standoffs and possibly 2 15g brass weights with screws? I am going to put the chassis and center mount up seperately but was also giving the option to throw a bit more into a type of kit. Let me know and I'll get it up there.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:41 AM   #546
Tech Master

Here's what I have - These are a little different than the ones I made for the guys at the Birds:

10R5 Chassis - Modified shape for increased stiffness and response, cut outs added to use CEFX 15g or 30g screw in weights.

10R5 Shock Mount - I'm not sure how the new 1/12 R5 top plate would line up with the holes but the longer triangle portion matches with the stock shock/position. The other option is to turn the triangle around and possibly use the center or super long position with the new 1/12 top plate (if it fits - I just don't know and haven't measured one).

10R5 Update Kit - Would include the two above items, 2 Griffin standoffs, 2 15g brass weights and 8 4-40 x .25" screws.

I can have these up on the site tonight or with any minor changes to the kit.
Attached Thumbnails
CEFX 2011-10r5-chassis.jpg   CEFX 2011-10r5-shock-mount.jpg   CEFX 2011-10r5-update-kit.jpg  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #547
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey Josh Ygpm. Question for ya.

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #548
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for the help and info Josh
Old 03-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #549
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

Quote:
Here's what I have - These are a little different than the ones I made for the guys at the Birds:

10R5 Chassis - Modified shape for increased stiffness and response, cut outs added to use CEFX 15g or 30g screw in weights.

10R5 Shock Mount - I'm not sure how the new 1/12 R5 top plate would line up with the holes but the longer triangle portion matches with the stock shock/position. The other option is to turn the triangle around and possibly use the center or super long position with the new 1/12 top plate (if it fits - I just don't know and haven't measured one).

10R5 Update Kit - Would include the two above items, 2 Griffin standoffs, 2 15g brass weights and 8 4-40 x .25" screws.

I can have these up on the site tonight or with any minor changes to the kit.
hey josh i think offering a complete kit would be easier since most of us will use those awesome trick weights! chassis looks sweet!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:29 AM   #550
Tech Master

10R5 parts added to www.cefxspeedshop.com - http://cefxspeedshop.com/AE_c43.htm - Chassis, Center Shock Mount and Upgrade Kit.

My goals for this weekend were a bit high but I only fell slightly short of what I wanted to get done - Orders, check - CNC work, check, Reaming a huge box of Z4 front rims, 1/2 check and web work about 1/4 check... It's early though - Heading out to try and get a full check on the rims before work this morning. Then maybe I can get to that web and graphics work I wanted to get done.

Back to it!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #551
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
10R5 parts added to www.cefxspeedshop.com - http://cefxspeedshop.com/AE_c43.htm - Chassis, Center Shock Mount and Upgrade Kit.

My goals for this weekend were a bit high but I only fell slightly short of what I wanted to get done - Orders, check - CNC work, check, Reaming a huge box of Z4 front rims, 1/2 check and web work about 1/4 check... It's early though - Heading out to try and get a full check on the rims before work this morning. Then maybe I can get to that web and graphics work I wanted to get done.

Back to it!
Ordered!! Thanx josh!!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #552
Tech Master

No problem - I will try to make sure it ships out Wednesday. I have some stuff to finish tomorrow before work and more after and it should be good to go. A bunch of other orders beat ya in and my first day at the new job, I was there a lot later than I expected but that's a good thing...lol... I'll make sure it's outta here asap thought!!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #553
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
No problem - I will try to make sure it ships out Wednesday. I have some stuff to finish tomorrow before work and more after and it should be good to go. A bunch of other orders beat ya in and my first day at the new job, I was there a lot later than I expected but that's a good thing...lol... I'll make sure it's outta here asap thought!!
great josh! no worries! i know your pretty busy. asap works for me.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #554
Tech Adept

Hi Josh,

Got my tire order and they look great. You make some awesome stuff!

How is your stock for the yellow rears?

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:53 AM   #555
Tech Master

Highside - Stock is getting low on those. We had such a huge interest in the Yellow/Grey that we made up most of the rims we had in stock in that compound. However, I have more rims in now that we are prepping and will be mounted hopefully in time for the Nats. Our shipment of tires will be in today (I'm pretty sure) so I will update the site tonight with all the tires back in stock but at the rate they are going, the Yellows and a few others may be out by tomorrow-end of the week range.