R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-21-2012, 04:35 AM   #451
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Who what where.
There is a thread in the chat lounge about starting an rc business and it says will open in 2013. Sounds like it is going to be the place to race. Can't go wrong with an indoor onroad and indoor offroad track in the same facility.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #452
Tech Master

Highside20 - I believe Angel sent out new motor/mount plates to anyone who ordered this year's Evo TC kits plus the orders that people had placed for them seperatly. If I had to guess, you will be seeing them around the middle of next week. If you or anyone else wants to be sure then shoot us an e-mail at [email protected] and I can check the packages that were just shipped to check for sure.

Back to Snowbirds prep!!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #453
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Josh,

Will the stock Photon rear shock tower fit the EVO? I busted mine in transport. I ordered a new EVO one from you, but Iím not sure if it will be here in time for the next race.

Thanks,

Good luck at snowbirds. Give Max K. a hard time for me
Old 01-22-2012, 06:19 AM   #454
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highside20 View Post
Josh,

Will the stock Photon rear shock tower fit the EVO? I busted mine in transport. I ordered a new EVO one from you, but Iím not sure if it will be here in time for the next race.

Thanks,

Good luck at snowbirds. Give Max K. a hard time for me
The stock photon tower will fit but the body posts are in a different position.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #455
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey Josh,
I just sent you a message on FB. Good luck at the birds man.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #456
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
The stock photon tower will fit but the body posts are in a different position.
Thanks!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:06 AM   #457
Tech Regular

Final shakedown of my Griffin 10 before the Snowbirds went well yesterday. Slightly manic day running both the Griffin and my F1 car

Irorned out a few bugs with new electrics. So glad I've found them before Florida

Interesting running a 13.5 blinky car in with boosted 1S 10.5 and 2" 17.5 runners. Gave me some great practice at carrying as much corner speed as possible, and working through some motor timing and gearing options.

Very pleased with handling and pace of the car. And particularly the ride height I could get out of 51mm Lilacs

Working away this week so packing will have to be on Friday, and we fly from the UK on Saturday. Tools and spares box already packed and "pit tested" yesterday
MarkBurgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #458
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Highside20 - I believe Angel sent out new motor/mount plates to anyone who ordered this year's Evo TC kits plus the orders that people had placed for them seperatly. If I had to guess, you will be seeing them around the middle of next week. If you or anyone else wants to be sure then shoot us an e-mail at [email protected] and I can check the packages that were just shipped to check for sure.

Back to Snowbirds prep!!
I just for mine yesterday, thank you! See you at the birds, good luck.
avink007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #459
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

hey josh, is the griffin 10 available as a complete kit or just a conversion? thanx and good luck at the birds!!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #460
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to 29TC

Josh, Thanks for the updated motor mount for the evo 2011.

Since not much talk about the evo 2011, i'll post some pics of mine with steering mod.

I run on asphalt outdoors so, after a month plus of racing, the screws the rack glides on, gets worn out and started causing extreme binding (whole front end flexs when steering). So, i tried tamiya steering system. I used 416 steering lever & post (20mm spacing center to center) and Xray 2012 steering bridge (21mm spacing center to center).
I actually have not run using this new steering mod yet, but will do so this Sunday.

Last edited by 29TC; 02-01-2012 at 11:39 PM.
29TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #461
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Great Ride

Inspired by local fast guy and long time racing buddy...Mike Ivy, I decided to upgrade to a Griffin 12.

Just wanted to take a minute and share my new ride. I got the kit on Saturday the 28th and had it on the track next day! We have a local event every year called the "Slowbirds" and this year was its third running. Great event and always a good time...I wanted to make sure the car was ready for raceday.

The build went smooth and as expected. The front end is really nice and a refreshing break from the norm. Graphite was good and cut quality was clean and smooth everywhere. Overall impression of the kit was impressive.

On track performance was simply put...easy. The car drove around effortlessly and that's where the performance advantage really was for me. The Griffin 12 is predictable and on point every corner. No surprises and consistent every lap. I don't get much track time nowadays so this was great for a rusty wheel like myself. I made small changes throughout the day to make the car a little edgier and eventually found the sweet spot for my driving style. Front end took a couple of big hits...nothing broken or bent.

I went on to TQ and win the 17.5 'Blinky' main- with an ear to ear grin because it really was a blast to drive. Results and lap times are on the Slowbirds thread over in the racing forum.

Some key take aways....
1. easy car to drive
2. take your time setting up the front end
3. traditional battery placement still competitive
4. back to basics approach to the setup yielded fastest times.

Big thanks to CEFX and the Cyrul camp for producing a top notch 12th scale kit with the usual creativity we have come to expect from Josh.

here are some pictures....
Attached Thumbnails
CEFX 2011-cefx2.jpg   CEFX 2011-cefx1.jpg   CEFX 2011-cefx3.jpg  
LATIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #462
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATIF View Post
Inspired by local fast guy and long time racing buddy...Mike Ivy, I decided to upgrade to a Griffin 12.

Just wanted to take a minute and share my new ride. I got the kit on Saturday the 28th and had it on the track next day! We have a local event every year called the "Slowbirds" and this year was its third running. Great event and always a good time...I wanted to make sure the car was ready for raceday.

The build went smooth and as expected. The front end is really nice and a refreshing break from the norm. Graphite was good and cut quality was clean and smooth everywhere. Overall impression of the kit was impressive.

On track performance was simply put...easy. The car drove around effortlessly and that's where the performance advantage really was for me. The Griffin 12 is predictable and on point every corner. No surprises and consistent every lap. I don't get much track time nowadays so this was great for a rusty wheel like myself. I made small changes throughout the day to make the car a little edgier and eventually found the sweet spot for my driving style. Front end took a couple of big hits...nothing broken or bent.

I went on to TQ and win the 17.5 'Blinky' main- with an ear to ear grin because it really was a blast to drive. Results and lap times are on the Slowbirds thread over in the racing forum.

Some key take aways....
1. easy car to drive

Big thanks to CEFX and the Cyrul camp for producing a top notch 12th scale kit with the usual creativity we have come to expect from Josh.

good seeing you at the track buddy! your griffin 12 was dialed!!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #463
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey Latif,

Glad ya like the Griffin, I told ya how good the car was, Im glad you got one. Both my inline and standard batt position car's are Dialed!!!!

Quote:

Some key take aways....
1. easy car to drive

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #464
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Just wanted to take a minute and share my new ride. I got the kit on Saturday the 28th and had it on the track next day!
The front end is really nice and a refreshing break from the norm.
looks really nice, but just wondering, can you get all the front end bits as a single package or do you have order the individual items?
Old 02-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #465
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
looks really nice, but just wondering, can you get all the front end bits as a single package or do you have order the individual items?
Thanks!
Part# 10109 gets you all the axle parts
The bulkheads,pins,castor blocks are separate items

That said, I know Josh is planning on releasing a complete front end kit as well as a complete car kit soon.

CEFX.NET has lots of info....go to the speedshop

Hope that helps.
LATIF is offline   Reply With Quote