R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #436
Tech Master

James - No problem. Rebel 12 was 200mm wheelbase if I remember correctly. The Rebel was virtually identical to that prototype I ran at IIC that year before the production Griffin. TOP was supposed to have prototype cars there but as we found out, they were months (year) behind schedule in the end. As I said, the cars I designed were already longer than the others out there.

303 - Glad to hear it!

sprint - Track conditions will determin the set-up as we've seen some of my set-ups are not very good at all on club tracks since my car is usually set up for major events/new carpet and super high bite. It's good to hear though that you were able to try a lot of different things and probably learn some things to help you go faster. Keep those changes in mind if you travel to some different tracks!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #437
Tech Master

Christmas came a few weeks late here at CEFX today:

Great news that our Tungsten weights are shipping tomorrow - These can be used in stratigic places in the chassis rather than the 15g Brass Weights. These Tungsten weights are 35g.

Our Z4 tires are over at BSR being mounted. Every compound is being mounted up as well as some of the super soft X's for the oval scene.

Stout boxes of fasteners just showed up from new supplier. M3 and 4-40 hardware to get us one step closer to complete kits.

WGT Right Hubs, Z4 hubs are now in stock!!

Evo Motor and Mount plates finally arrived!! Racers that have these on order, they will ship immediatly as well as those that recieved Evo kits - We are sending you the new parts as promised!!

Cutting open boxes and putting everything into inventory. Finally, finally, finally we are getting on track with everything I wanted here for our racers this season. A little late but proof that we are still very much hard at work here trying to get our kits into complete form and make 100% CEFX product for the future.

Dinner and graphtie cutting time!!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #438
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The griffen 12 comes with 4 axle shims, what is the correct number of shims on each side to center the axle?
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #439
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Dinner and graphtie cutting time!!
Graphtie, HA!!! Ahhhh, the life of an RC celebrity..................... You were missed at the Champs bro!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #440
Tech Master

Byte - It's late but if I remember correctly, all 4 on the left side (clamping hub side).

Ian - Celebrity? I'm retired..lol.. Maybe you missed the memo. Just working guy with r/c company (cause I'm glutten for punishment). I honestly thought about coming down on Sat to hang out but it was actually really nice to just hang out with the girls and watch football games...lol.. I may be back next year, we will see.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:32 AM   #441
Tech Elite

Quote:
Ian - Celebrity? I'm retired..lol.. Maybe you missed the memo. Just working guy with r/c company (cause I'm glutten for punishment). I honestly thought about coming down on Sat to hang out but it was actually really nice to just hang out with the girls and watch football games...lol.. I may be back next year, we will see.
You'll always be an RC ICON.... You missed a good one this year. Turnout was low, but the program was pretty solid. Hebert was flawless in every class he ran, He needed the Cyrul pressure to see if he'd crack. I'd love to see you back next year, nothing like seeing the "working guy" throw down and smoke the field like you did in 2k10. LMK what's up for this year, and get some rest. Angel and the kids need you.......
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #442
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

For the Griffin 12, is the front track width same as the 12R5.1 with the inline chassis? Meaning do the mounting holes line up the same?
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #443
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
For the Griffin 12, is the front track width same as the 12R5.1 with the inline chassis? Meaning do the mounting holes line up the same?
I think so since I have actually used an old 12L4 graphite brace across the front but since I don't have an R5, I can't say for sure.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #444
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
I think so since I have actually used an old 12L4 graphite brace across the front but since I don't have an R5, I can't say for sure.
I have the R5 front end on my G12 and just installed the updated graphite brace and it fit perfectly so I presume they are the same width.

Last edited by burgboyz; 01-19-2012 at 02:37 PM.
burgboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #445
Tech Master

Apex - No clue as I honestly never even had an R5 chassis to measure. Bought the R5 parts I wanted to use and went from there. I do think the front end holes on the origional R5 were close but I believe they went some 2mm or more, wider per side than the old car so if they make a brace for the newer inline car (no clue if they do or part #'s) then I am 99% sure it will not fit.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #446
Tech Lord

Never mind
Old 01-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #447
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

This is what I have on my Griffin 12 with the AE front end but I will compare to a 5.1 this Saturday and we will have the answer.
Hope this helps.

AE part #4698
http://www.teamassociated.com/pictur...98/4698_md.jpg
Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #448
Tech Adept

Josh,

Are the 18115 EVO motor mounts on the CEFX site the new mounts? Do I need to order them or are you sending them out to all EVO owners.

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2012, 04:01 AM   #449
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Apex - No clue as I honestly never even had an R5 chassis to measure. Bought the R5 parts I wanted to use and went from there. I do think the front end holes on the origional R5 were close but I believe they went some 2mm or more, wider per side than the old car so if they make a brace for the newer inline car (no clue if they do or part #'s) then I am 99% sure it will not fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgboyz View Post
I have the R5 front end on my G12 and just installed the updated graphite brace and it fit perfectly so I presume they are the same width.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgboyz View Post
This is what I have on my Griffin 12 with the AE front end but I will compare to a 5.1 this Saturday and we will have the answer.
Hope this helps.

AE part #4698
http://www.teamassociated.com/pictur...98/4698_md.jpg
Thanks for the information. I will pick up a G12 conversion soon. A new indoor Rc complex with an onroad carpet track and offroad dirt track will be opening next year in Northern VA so need to start getting ready now. LOL.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:06 AM   #450
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Thanks for the information. I will pick up a G12 conversion soon. A new indoor Rc complex with an onroad carpet track and offroad dirt track will be opening next year in Northern VA so need to start getting ready now. LOL.
Who what where.