R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   CEFX 2011 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/534364-cefx-2011-a.html)

Blue Screw 07-26-2011 03:39 PM

Gotta love it josh! now no one but a few want to give to opinionabout it! unless it is wrong..lol question for ya and i could never find the answer what is the clear box that looks like a transponder?

jag88 07-26-2011 04:13 PM

Josh, how do you keep the hinge pin mounting blocks form rotating when hit. TC6's seem to have a big problem with this (at least it's a problem with mine).

Highside20 07-26-2011 05:16 PM

I’m new to what Josh does so excuse me if this seems like a stupid question. What is the Evo TC based on? It kind of looks like TRF416 arms, shocks and so on, or is it all CEFX? Is the version with the single top deck available as a kit and if so how much?

Thanks,
Mike H.

hanulec 07-26-2011 05:20 PM

Hey Josh - your snowbirds evo looked pretty innovate. please keep up the good work!

BTW - any hope of seeing you at the ROAR Paved Nats this weekend in NJ?

abailey21 07-26-2011 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Screw (Post 9442835)
Gotta love it josh! now no one but a few want to give to opinionabout it! unless it is wrong..lol question for ya and i could never find the answer what is the clear box that looks like a transponder?

that is his transponder

Josh Cyrul 07-26-2011 05:48 PM

Bruce - Thanks! Where's that e-mail?? I'd like to include those Speed Merchant spring cups in the Griffin kits and the linear springs in the WGT!!

Jamison - Honestly, there should be no problem at all with the motor plates now. There is basically 4mm of graphite under the mounts and no major cut out for the motor in the chassis. The motor plate does not have any where near the load on it now. I'm not exactly the best test though because I never had trouble bending the others so I will leave any sort of info about those bending up to everyone else...lol...

Blue Screw - MRT transponder but old style. I made them when we had the hobby shop and track.

jag88 - I'm not sure how the AE mounts are. I know with the Photon ones, I tried to make the hinge pins sit in deeper, past the screw so they would not have that problem...

Highside20 - The origional Evo was a conversion kit for the TOP Photon. With the design though you can use a mix of suspension and parts from a lot of cars. The plastic on my car is all TOP but the hardware and shocks are Tamiya. This car was a prototype but judging here the responce has been quite positive. Seeing this, I will double check my drawings and make my next version prototype to test. If it runs well in testing (better than this version) I will get everything made up and into production. It will require parts from other cars though as we do not have complete kits.

hanulec - Thanks! No chance, I am here working on the CEFX site (especially shopping) and new items for the 1/12, 1/10 WGT, TC, 1/10 oval and possibly some other optional chassis and top decks for other cars. I would like to but I'd rather spend the $$ for the event on furthering CEFX along. For me to travel and run 2-3 classes was going to be $1500-1800 so I choose to pass on this one and get CEFX ready for indoor and especially IIC.

Max K 07-26-2011 11:19 PM

Looks great Josh! Keep up the hard work!!!

Conrad 07-28-2011 09:08 AM

Looking really good Josh, the only problem I ever had with full length topdecks was slackening of the screws to change spurs meant you had to set the tweak again after, something I would do on a rebuild after doing the diffs but a pain at the track when just changing spurs, looks like no problem on your design ;)

drover 07-31-2011 08:30 AM

Any news about news Griffin12 "Asphalt" price because i don't find it in the site.

Josh Cyrul 08-02-2011 10:36 PM

Max - Thanks!

Conrad - I've had the top deck off a few times when changing/testing parts Sunday and then here at home and I haven't had trouble with the tweak changing. Maybe the countersinks as well as the wide span of the holes on each end of the top plate is keeping things square. So far so good anyway.

drover - I believe Angel added it to the old site - .net shopping site. If it's not there then just send us an e-mail and we can get you taken care of!! I've been slacking on the web stuff since I've been busy making parts and testing here again.

Sunday I was at MSI (indoor carpet) and put in over 15 and probably closer to 20 packs on the TC. Initially, it wasn't that great with the terrible set-up I had on it from the ROAR Nats at Timezone. I ran 4th out there but the car was super hard to drive. I decided to leave that set-up on rather than look for the perfect set-up while I tested all the new parts - figured then I would get a better sense of what was really bad and what was better. It went pretty well, although it started the day terrible. I progressed through the different chassis, top deck, steering, shock towers and other various parts I wanted to test and by the end of the day it was pretty good. I'm actually heading back out there tomorrow for another round of testing with again another new chassis, towers, top deck, steering and a few other parts. Hopefully, all goes well and I should have things more narrowed down as to what I plan to make for this indoor season.

I'll post some pics of the test stuff and the finished changes in the next few days.

kambing2011 08-12-2011 03:58 AM

when is this available for purchase?

Jamison R 08-12-2011 04:12 AM

Im curious on when and how to buy the new 12th with battery running length of chassis?

heretic 08-12-2011 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul (Post 9442224)
Now, the question for all of you out there is do you mind fighting the top deck to get the diffs out of the car or prefer the origional Evo format?? I have another version of this car already drawn and ready to be cut for testing. Then again, I have another version of the origional Evo drawn and ready for testing...lol...

Any thoughts, comments??

Usually RCTech is full of them so I thought I would just bring it here to you guys!

Back to work!

Hello M.Cyrul

I do like your new design a lot. I own a CEFX evo ( bought used) and I would be very interested in installing a dual bellcrank steering setup like tamiya's etc. Would your new top plate mount on my evo ? If yes, all I would have to do is drill the 2 holes for the steering myself, isn't it ?

Also, my motor mount is slightly bent ( previous user, not me, of course ;-). Are the replacement motormounts ready to purchase ?

29TC 08-16-2011 07:00 AM

Josh,

Any updates on the revised/ refined Evo parts?

Josh Cyrul 08-16-2011 08:12 AM

kambing2011 - Soon, I am just finalizing a few things and waiting for the new motor/mount plates to arrive.

Jamison - I'm not sure if Angel has it on the old shopping site. We are working on the new one to get some shipping stuff sorted as it's really overcharging lot for UPS. USPS shipping is working fine but trying to sort out the issue. Then the new one will be up and running. I will be working on the site again more a ton the next few days. I will make sure the all the new 1/12 stuff is up there by the weekend!!!

heretic - To use the new top plate on the old Evo, you would also need the taller center shaft mount. With the standard Evo mount, the belt would run into the top deck so I had to raise the spur/pulley for clearance. Other than that, it would be a direct fit.

Still waiting on the motor mounts. In my search for new suppliers, I have been trying to weed out the good/bad to make new parts for us. So far, there has been more bad than good but I have found a few that I am really happy with - They are fast and on the ball to make good parts. We should have the mount/motor plates around the end of this month.

Here's a list of the new items currently in production:

Evo Motor Plate

Evo Mount Plate

WGT Right Hub - Uses 1/12 axle.

R5 Lower Arm Mount - threaded in the mount, not the insert so it's fast/easy to change width.

R5 Arm Insert - Countersunk and through hole to match new Lower Arm Mount.

R5 5/10 Block (aluminum)

R5 0 Block (aluminum) - This has two mounting holes and hinge pin holes for RC/Camber gain on the front of the WGT and Oval cars.

Spring Cups - Two sizes for "linear" and "progressive" springs.

King Pin Ball Studs - Like the old B3 ones many oval racers use in their 1/10 cars, we will have 2 lenghts - one for 1/12 and one for 1/10. These are hardened, polished and TiN coated for reduced friction/wear.

I'll have official release pictures and news on all these items a bit more in the coming days as we are set to recieve some of these parts starting next week. We have another set of items coming that I am very excited about that we hope to debut at the IIC.....

Back to work!! It's going to be a busy year!!:sneaky: