R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #226
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Blue Screw

carl,

what about a black front tire... and yellow rear... I was always under the impression that was the purpose of the blacks... so the stay consistant, dont gum up and pick up traction....

or like Mike said with the pinks and mag... could also try mag front (32) and pink rear (30)
XRAY~RCAMERICA~HUDY~SRC~MURNAN MODS
Blue Screw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #227
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
I will Saturday
Hey Sean, do you have the original griffin, curious to hear what you think the difference between the two chassis. I intend to purchase a new chassis shortly, but first waiting for the release of the new rims and hubs. Josh? Any eta's?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #228
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Screw View Post
carl,

what about a black front tire... and yellow rear... I was always under the impression that was the purpose of the blacks... so the stay consistant, dont gum up and pick up traction....

or like Mike said with the pinks and mag... could also try mag front (32) and pink rear (30)
I will likely try magenta / magenta next time I get a chance to get to the track. Good advice with the black. I have a few sets of jaco's left so I'm waiting for Josh to release his new rims before ordering new tires. Hopefully the rim rims and hubs from CEFX will be released soon.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #229
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Finishing one up.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #230
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano View Post
I will likely try magenta / magenta next time I get a chance to get to the track. Good advice with the black. I have a few sets of jaco's left so I'm waiting for Josh to release his new rims before ordering new tires. Hopefully the rim rims and hubs from CEFX will be released soon.
I don't think you were loosing grip on the rear with the Yellow.
The Yellow family of tires which are a synthetic compound, are very consistent, and don't heat up much during a run.

The Lilacs are of the Pink/Higher rubber content family of tires, and will heat up, it's my opinion that as the lilacs heated up, they gained grip and over-powered the more consistent yellow rear tires.
So you started with a decent balance on cold tires, and lost balance once the front gained grip.

There are surfaces where the Pink family of tires will work with Synthetic rears, with a good balance for 8 mins.

For most cars, Magenta Fr & Rr, or Black Fr & Yellow Rr will always work, usually it's just a matter of finding which works best on your surface.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #231
Tech Regular

While waiting for the Evo 2011 to ship, I came up with the setup as a base for carpet. This is just a starting point and would appreciate any input. Also attached the blank setup sheet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Evo 2011.pdf (284.0 KB, 163 views)
File Type: pdf EVO-SET-UP-SHEET1.2.pdf (343.1 KB, 118 views)
Khador12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #232
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano View Post
Hey Sean, do you have the original griffin, curious to hear what you think the difference between the two chassis. I intend to purchase a new chassis shortly, but first waiting for the release of the new rims and hubs. Josh? Any eta's?
Yes and no. My car was the original but came with the convo so I rebuilt it with the new stuff as soon as I got it. So yes, I have the original but I have never run it.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #233
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to kuruption

What servo mounts are people using on their Griffin? I tried the associated, but they don't fit behind the front suspension.
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #234
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruption View Post
What servo mounts are people using on their Griffin? I tried the associated, but they don't fit behind the front suspension.
These are the ones that most use:
http://cefxspeedshop.com/12601-C12-E...ount-12601.htm
Khador12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #235
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The ones Khador12 linked are the ones I used as well. To be honest with you I had the servo mounts for 2 years and hadn't used them until this new build for the 2011 spec update. Shoe Goo'ing the servo to the chassis works great. Just use a clamp to make sure it doesn't move while it dries.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #236
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khador12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirkwood View Post
The ones Khador12 linked are the ones I used as well. To be honest with you I had the servo mounts for 2 years and hadn't used them until this new build for the 2011 spec update. Shoe Goo'ing the servo to the chassis works great. Just use a clamp to make sure it doesn't move while it dries.
Thanks. Wish I knew that when I ordered my conversion .... I now am stuck waiting for servo mounts. Could go back to the old school method of using servo tape for the purpose for which it was named...
Old 11-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #237
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks. Wish I knew that when I ordered my conversion .... I now am stuck waiting for servo mounts. Could go back to the old school method of using servo tape for the purpose for which it was named...
Yea sorry I forgot to tell you that!
Trinity,EPIC,Oddy Racing,IRS,Sweep racing,Brown Engineering,Mugen USA,Team Xray,RC America,R.I.P. motorsports,Tekin,Customworks,Parma PSE,Ashford Hobbies,D&K Hobbies, TQ-wire,Local 69 Woodputters Union,Big Ant get well soon!!Quinn my BFF!
Dee Lee is a nut and I don't condone what he will say next!
Scooby Horton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #238
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Horton1 View Post
Yea sorry I forgot to tell you that!
You don't happen to have a couple spares in your pitbox you can lend me, do ya? I'll be your BFF
Old 11-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #239
Tech Master

No I don't sorry.
Trinity,EPIC,Oddy Racing,IRS,Sweep racing,Brown Engineering,Mugen USA,Team Xray,RC America,R.I.P. motorsports,Tekin,Customworks,Parma PSE,Ashford Hobbies,D&K Hobbies, TQ-wire,Local 69 Woodputters Union,Big Ant get well soon!!Quinn my BFF!
Dee Lee is a nut and I don't condone what he will say next!
Scooby Horton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #240
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I use the Xray servo mounts
Lizardboy76 is offline   Reply With Quote