R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #196
Tech Master

Come on Guys He works his own and you know sometimes things are not going right ,that happens all of us time to time
I know Waiting that long is really hard I've been There before and simply gave up but I'm sure He is gonna post your orders soon...
dont worry
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #197
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
Come on Guys He works his own and you know sometimes things are not going right ,that happens all of us time to time
I know Waiting that long is really hard I've been There before and simply gave up but I'm sure He is gonna post your orders soon...
dont worry
No one is complaining about the waiting time, but complaining about the lack of communication.
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #198
Tech Master

I told you, Ive been there before (cefx-eVo) I know how you guys feel better than anyone else but I'm sure He will sort out this problem a.s.a.p...
At least His wife should keep in touch with Customers...

Last edited by yokemad; 11-03-2011 at 07:05 PM.
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #199
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
I told you, Ive been there before (cefx) I know how you guys feel better than anyone else but I'm sure He will sort out this problem a.s.a.p...
At least His wife should keep in touch with Customers...
She is sick too!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #200
Tech Master

haywood - Yes, I am sick quite often. I don't take care of myself and work way to hard trying to keep up with family, racing and CEFX. I have run myself ragged the last few years and I'm sorry everyone is so displeased with their customer service but really, unless I want to actually live I've had to allocate my time and try to actually sleep and try to actually take better care of myself, even if that means I can't make everyone's orders happen right now.

Again, you guys don't realize that CEFX is literally 2 people. Angel and myself. Angel has been busy with my youngest who has had a constant cold/ear infection (I have the doctor bills to prove it). Myself, I have been slammed at my new job and recovering from bronchitus. I wake up at 4am. I go to work and log between 9-12hrs every day and get home around 5-6:30pm. I eat, I play with my kids for 30 minutes. Yes, a staggering 30 minutes and then I have been out back either on the lathe making parts for our oval cars or cutting graphite. Normally, I'm out at 9-9:30 but my phone won't seem to stop tonight so I am up and EA told me to check the thread.

Now, why do I have a full time job now? Let's see, been screwed multiple times by the other companies I've raced and designed for in the industry. I operated our track and shop in a major auto-industry driven area when the auto industry crash happened - No racers, no $$. We've also struggled to deal with dealers and shops. They also struggle so when we send out orders and have to battle with them for months to get payment it kills our ability to pay our own bills and re-order product. At one point in the last year, we had $17k out in invoices and $15k was late (past 30 days)... I don't wonder why we struggle, I know all too well...

I already have in over 45hrs at work this week and will probably finish around 70 between tomorrow and Saturday (yes, working Sat too). I will be cutting all day Sunday and helping Angel process more orders each day. At that time, I will know exactly where we are at in regards to everyone's orders. If anyone can not wait until Sunday/Monday to know and want's their $$ back, please let us know and we will get you a refund.

Now, in other news - We are changing A LOT here. Effective immediatly, we will no longer be filling any US shop/dealer orders. Why? I no longer have the energy to chase down people for money. I'm over it. Also, it means that the local shop can't claim to place an order with us and we don't respond or we are out of stock when we haven't heard from them in weeks or months or even at all. If customers in the US want CEFX products, they will have to order directly from our site only. With this, we aren't just going to take the extra $$ - We are dropping the prices. You will see a price drop on a lot of items over the coming weeks/months. I will post when those start to occur. For those of you with Evo kits on order, those prices will not be changing at the moment. If there is an item or kit that's on pre-order and we change the pricing, you will recieve either a credit or refund for the lower price. The 1/12 tire prices on the site are set. Those won't go down at all. Oh, and Michigan residents will get free USPS shipping from CEFX (with discount code when they register with the shopping site).

My youngest is getting enrolled in pre-school next month and with this Angel will have some extra time in her days to keep up better with the CEFX orders and inventory lists for me to keep up with when I am home. We are also welcoming Mark back to some part time CNC cutting help to keep things rolling. We are making the needed adjustments as so many things here have changed rapidly.

Time for bed, 4am comes early....
Old 11-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #201
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

can somebody post a pic of the griffin with the battery in the center(an actual car that has been ran)?
DriftDreamer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #202
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Josh,

Thank you so much for the update. I apologize if I was a little rough on your operation, but I did not realize you were a 2 person operation. For some reason I envisioned CEFX as a hobby store.

I honestly donít know how you and your wife do it. I know when I had to work 60 to 70 hours a week and take care of the family I had no time for anything. Family should always come first because kids grow up too fast. Also, get some rest and get yourself feeling better. I want you on your game when you cut my EVO TC

I look forward to your product and I again thank you for the update!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #203
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highside20 View Post
Josh,

Thank you so much for the update. I apologize if I was a little rough on your operation, but I did not realize you were a 2 person operation. For some reason I envisioned CEFX as a hobby store.

I honestly donít know how you and your wife do it. I know when I had to work 60 to 70 hours a week and take care of the family I had no time for anything. Family should always come first because kids grow up too fast. Also, get some rest and get yourself feeling better. I want you on your game when you cut my EVO TC

I look forward to your product and I again thank you for the update!
+1 on this. Appreciate the update. Of course your family and your personal life is top priority.
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:59 AM   #204
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey DriftDreamer,

Here's mine The car is dialed!!! Gotta Give Josh props. Easy to drive setup and go fast.

Here's my current setup were running 13.5 boosted

Here's my current setup:
This is for 13.5 Boosted on a med high bite track

Front:
Jaco Magenta fronts 1.55"-1.60" no CA on outer side wall
10* Caster Block
.20 spring with one .10 kingpin shim
15k lube on kingpin
1/2* camber 1/2* of toe out
3.5mm ride height
1.65mm front width

Center:
Associated 40w with blue spring
Black side springs
Kyosho 15k in dampner tubes

Rear:
Jaco Pink or magenta rears 1.68"
1.72mm rear width
3.5mm rear ride height

As for handling between the two cars in the standard position there both identical.The newer car allows you to run the the standard and inline position.

For the newer car handling wise in the inline position.Its very easy to drive in high bite conditions.And it transition's well through chicanes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDreamer06 View Post
can somebody post a pic of the griffin with the battery in the center(an actual car that has been ran)?
Attached Thumbnails
CEFX 2011-screenshot_226.jpg  

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]

Last edited by mike ivy; 11-04-2011 at 10:10 AM.
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #205
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Are the new rear hubs for the Griffin only for the new CEFX rear wheels or does another brand rear whee wheel work? I don't care to try out the new wheels and tires but when something is out of stock I want to know what my options are.

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #206
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike ivy View Post
Hey DriftDreamer,

Here's mine The car is dialed!!! Gotta Give Josh props. Easy to drive setup and go fast.
Dude this car looks awesome

I can't believe JC can do all he does with family and products OMG

What a trooper

Let's give him our blessings and support and be patient with him...

Make sure to take your vitamins JC
Old 11-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #207
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey Thanks

This car is dialed!!! one of the best cars I've driven. Easy to setup and go fast!! with this new car you can run inline or standard. He knows his stuff when i comes to 1/12th.

I know a'lot of people have been waiting for stuff but please cut the guy a break. He works a full time job and CEFX and a family thats alot on his plate to deal with.

Though im not sponsored by him im just a customer, Ill try my best to answer any questions about the 1/12th scale griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
Dude this car looks awesome

I can't believe JC can do all he does with family and products OMG

What a trooper

Let's give him our blessings and support and be patient with him...

Make sure to take your vitamins JC

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #208
Tech Regular

Just ordered a EVO 2011 and am very excited! No matter how long it takes I know it will drive awsome.The current EVO I have has been a really good car for me.
Khador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:18 PM   #209
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khador12 View Post
Just ordered a EVO 2011 and am very excited! No matter how long it takes I know it will drive awsome.The current EVO I have has been a really good car for me.
Do you have any basic setups for your current EVO? I want to find a good base point to go from with my 2011 EVO.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #210
Tech Regular

I use Josh's nats setup from a few years ago. For the new car I was going to use the 1.2 mm 3 hole piston on the front with 45 or 50 weight oil to start with.
Attached Thumbnails
CEFX 2011-roar_2010_carpet_nats.jpg  
Khador12 is offline   Reply With Quote