Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks for the information Josh
Old 10-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #152
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Josh,

I found some inline front axles for my oval car. Im gonna put them on the front end you sent me. What shim size do I need? The crc shims im trying to use are loose. I need shims for the axle part and the kingpin.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #153
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Buckaroo - I run KO servo, reciever and SP speedo. Depending on the weight limit at the race I have to run about 50-70grams in my car. Steering rack is just delrin plastic and does wear over time/hits. The chassis also has holes to be able to use Tamiya steering (20mm span across mounting holes - Xray is 21mm). There are inner locators for the battery to keep it sliding in/forward/back and just tape. I'm not running ECS - I don't think you need them for front diffs but would recomend them for spools. I'll get some pics up soon - I'm away on work training now.
OK, thanks. Anxiously awaiting the detail pics. Our club is switching over to carpet soon, might just pick up a CEFX and run a new car!

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #154
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to 29TC

Josh,

Has the CEFX Evo 2011 started to be shipped out yet?

I can't wait to get mine.

Cheers.
29TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #155
Tech Initiate

Hello,

i have order mine Evo TC Pro 2011 too.
shiver750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #156
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default T3 top decks

I found it touched on earlier in the thread; does anybody ( maybe Reilly ) have any nfo on the differences in the 4 T3 top decks Josh offers? I run on a small technical, low to med traction track and am in need of a new top deck to match my new stiff cefx chassis (19005) What are, if any, pros / cons / differences vs a factory deck? Thanks in advance for any direction and input....

Last edited by pchroma24; 10-16-2011 at 12:37 PM.
pchroma24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #157
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchroma24 View Post
I found it touched on earlier in the thread; does anybody ( maybe Reilly ) have any nfo on the differences in the 4 T3 top decks Josh offers? I run on a small technical, low to med traction track and am in need of a new top deck to match my new stiff cefx chassis (19005) What are, if any, pros / cons / differences vs a factory deck? Thanks in advance for any direction and input....

I'll try and help,
The top deck with the holes for the steering post will have the most steering and be a little more aggressive. The "Flexi" version of this top deck should be a little less aggressive ( most like the stock top deck ). Both have the posts in them.

The Split top deck would be less aggressive and a little smoother mid corner. With the stiffer one being more aggressive then the "flexi" as well.

Flexi is due the carbon being a bi-directional carbon rather then thinner or more cut out as you may have seen with other car companies parts.

The bonus to all of the CEFX top decks is that it is easier to remove your spur. Simply loosen the 6 rear screws about half way and you can take the two spur gear holder screws out. And with a pair of tweezers you can slide the plastic bearing clamps out and the spur comes right out.

I would try the stiff top deck and/or the stiff split deck. I use the top deck as more of a tuning option rather then this one works in all situations.

Best regards,
James
Old 10-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #158
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesReilly View Post
I'll try and help,
The top deck with the holes for the steering post will have the most steering and be a little more aggressive. The "Flexi" version of this top deck should be a little less aggressive ( most like the stock top deck ). Both have the posts in them.

The Split top deck would be less aggressive and a little smoother mid corner. With the stiffer one being more aggressive then the "flexi" as well.

Flexi is due the carbon being a bi-directional carbon rather then thinner or more cut out as you may have seen with other car companies parts.

The bonus to all of the CEFX top decks is that it is easier to remove your spur. Simply loosen the 6 rear screws about half way and you can take the two spur gear holder screws out. And with a pair of tweezers you can slide the plastic bearing clamps out and the spur comes right out.

I would try the stiff top deck and/or the stiff split deck. I use the top deck as more of a tuning option rather then this one works in all situations.

Best regards,
James

Thanks for the thoughtful input James; we talked about it abit last time out to MSI but I needed some more clarity... I appreciate the help! Ttys...

Phil
Old 10-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #159
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
Josh,

I found some inline front axles for my oval car. Im gonna put them on the front end you sent me. What shim size do I need? The crc shims im trying to use are loose. I need shims for the axle part and the kingpin.
Nvm i got it.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #160
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any news on pan car full kits yet?

Thanks
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:30 AM   #161
Tech Initiate

Anyone has news for the delivery of Evo TC 2011 ?
Old 10-19-2011, 03:00 AM   #162
Tech Master

Hello Everyone,

Sorry but we've had some production delays that have set the complete (or at least more complete) Griffin 12, Griffin 10 and Xanthos 10 Pro kits back a bit. We are trying to resolve the parts issue with the supplier. The Evo TC parts are on their way and I'm cutting graphite as I can after work so those will be shipping asap.

I'll be back up here with more info and pics asap! Off to work!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:18 AM   #163
Tech Initiate

thanks for the info Josh
Old 10-19-2011, 12:05 PM   #164
Tech Adept

Josh,

Thank you so much for the update! I can't wait for the EVO TC.

Mike H.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #165
Tech Adept

Josh,

I have another question about the Evo 2011 TC. How does the servo mount? Do you just use servo tape or shoe goo? I donít see any holes for a mount.

Thanks!