R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #136
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Josh - Awesome looking chassis, i love the out of the box thinking, i have only been running 12th scale for the last 6 months or so, but this chasiss is very enticing. Any sales to OZ yet? Good luck at IIC
Old 10-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #137
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Orders

I placed another order with you Sunday night and was wondering if any parts will ship when you are at the IIC? Thanks Chris
Old 10-04-2011, 06:13 AM   #138
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

New evo looks amazing Josh, time to sell my current TC.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:40 AM   #139
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I really like the innovative thought behind the new 2011 Evo. With the direction that TOP has taken with it's new car, I'm really liking the Evo to keep my current gear cutting edge. At a street price for a new chassis plate at nearly $100, the price you have for an Evo is a bargain for everything you get!

With the CEFX chassis plate between 6 and 8mm narrower than just about anything else out there, what gear are you running, and do you add any ballast to make weight?

What material is the steering rack made from?

How are you holding the battery in?

Are you running any kind of ECS front shafts? I'm wondering if my Mira outdrives/TOP spool/50mm Xray ECS shafts will transplant?

Any pictures of your current car that you'd be willing to post, other than those posted on pg1 of this thread?

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox

Last edited by Buckaroo; 10-07-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #140
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Anybody know what's going on with Josh at the race?
Old 10-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #141
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
Anybody know what's going on with Josh at the race?
Dorian,

He is TQ in WGT, 10th in 12 mod, ?? sedan mod.

Have fun in Cincy this weekend.

Rick
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #142
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Blue Screw

Hey guys i noticed in some of the pic on rc50 from the icc in vegas Pauly L. and Josh Cyruls 1/12 cars they had lrp mounted with reciever packs.. Paul you could def tell he was running a SSx SS with a fan mounted on the chassis anda reciver pack.. Now joshs you cant tell what lrp speedo it is but he also has a fan mountto the chassis and a reciever pack.. i thought you could not use packs or werent suppose to? Is there a way to or gain from it?
XRAY~RCAMERICA~HUDY~SRC~MURNAN MODS
Blue Screw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #143
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Screw View Post
Hey guys i noticed in some of the pic on rc50 from the icc in vegas Pauly L. and Josh Cyruls 1/12 cars they had lrp mounted with reciever packs.. Paul you could def tell he was running a SSx SS with a fan mounted on the chassis anda reciver pack.. Now joshs you cant tell what lrp speedo it is but he also has a fan mountto the chassis and a reciever pack.. i thought you could not use packs or werent suppose to? Is there a way to or gain from it?

Josh is running a KoPropo speedo in the 12th scale and likes the feel of the xtra voltage of a lipo receiver pack, seems a little faster steering.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #144
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Was wondering what is needed to complete the Xanthos conversion Kit? Also the Balius pro kit? Which one do you feel is better overall car to race?
Old 10-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #145
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
I placed another order with you Sunday night and was wondering if any parts will ship when you are at the IIC? Thanks Chris
I got everything! Thanks!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #146
Tech Master

Hey Everyone,

Flight was late in last night so I didn't get home till 11pm. Up this morning unpacking and re-packing - I'm off to training for my new job in Ft. Wayne for the next few days and will be back on Thursday night. I will have my lap top with me and will catch up with everyone when I get settled in at the hotel.

Just wanted to update you guys - I will ansewer all these questions when I have a few min - Also the PM's....

Later,

Josh
Old 10-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #147
Tech Regular

I would like to thank Josh and Kelly for all their help at IIC this year. Can't wait to get the new Evo!
Khador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #148
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Josh,

I noticed the new Photon prototype has a similar look and feel as your new car. Are you still doing any design work for T.O.P.? Just curious...
Old 10-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #149
Tech Master

They Borrow The motor Mount Idea From Josh
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #150
Tech Master

Besercoe - Not yet and thanks!

haywood - Angel has been shipping orders.

I will say this, guys - If you order Internationally and have it shipped First Class Mail (cheapest way) don't be suprised when it takes a few weeks to get it. We've had a few order this way and it takes a while plus we have no way to track it so if you choose this option don't come yelling at us looking for your order!! Order with the other shipping options and we will have a tracking # and you will recieve it a ton faster.

Jamison - Thanks!

Buckaroo - I run KO servo, reciever and SP speedo. Depending on the weight limit at the race I have to run about 50-70grams in my car. Steering rack is just delrin plastic and does wear over time/hits. The chassis also has holes to be able to use Tamiya steering (20mm span across mounting holes - Xray is 21mm). There are inner locators for the battery to keep it sliding in/forward/back and just tape. I'm not running ECS - I don't think you need them for front diffs but would recomend them for spools. I'll get some pics up soon - I'm away on work training now.

Blue Screw - I ran the LRP for two runs as I was having issues with my speedo programmer and I hurt my speedo the 1st/2nd practice there. I ran the LRP 2 runs till Ron hooked me up with his laptop and I actually was able to program a fresh KO. I put that back in the car and was much happier.

bgrick - Balius will be good in slower classes (13.5-17.5) but will be much too tight for fast classes. Xanthos will turn a lot harder and is more suited for fast classes but I think can be set-up to mellow out for the slower classes as well. Xanthos is our main/focus car for this season. Check out the pics on the CEFX shopping site - If it's not in the pic, you will need it to build a car.

Pit - I did a few of the things on the new car as optional ideas for TOP (new center shaft eccentrics) a long while back but I haven't drawn anything for them in almost 2 years now.

yoke - lol... Yeah, but I don't like how they did it but that's not really my problem now is it!! Some other ideas I like but some not so much. Good to see they are continuing to try and keep pace with the other companies from a development standpoint.