Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ta04r...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Nice pics
What do you think is more worth my $$$. That or a TRF-MII?
Old 03-31-2003, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Sry this has nothing to do with this question but i was wondering how much you think my TAO4R is worth?
Its upgraded with a carbon lower deck, center-oneway, Aluminum Steering Arms, Carbon Damper Stay Front and Rear. Ive had it for about 3 months.

I havent got a pic of it but im working on that.
Old 03-31-2003, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by TAO4R
Nice pics
What do you think is more worth my $$$. That or a TRF-MII?
Honestly speaking they are both worth for your money. They have there own advantages and disadvantages.

I have both but I lean more towards the TRF because it has way more options than the M2 and looks much better :-) but the M2 is still more adjustable, but those adjustments are not critical to me. I also like the 04-TRF because the diff will be easier to maintain than the M2's restrictive Al bulkheads.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by eeyan
Rodney? Is that you??? Hey, what's up mannn... I clicked on your profile and went to your website... that's when it hit me that I know you from somewhere... I remember you showed me a body you made sometime ago (2 years ago?) with the TAOB logo on it... thanks man! It's been a while huh?!? How's it going? TAOB's still alive although only a few members race these days... anyhow, nice to hear from you again... and let me know what's going on...

Ian A.
Are we falling off
Old 04-03-2003, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by rowdyrj
Are we falling off
No, we're still here... alive and well...

Back to the topic: So, is anybody out there still using the 04R? Mine went from being an 04-Pro, then an 04-Pro w/ Saddle, and recently converted to an 04R. The bloodline on this car, as well as other Tamiya cars, are just amazing... so what's next? 04RS? BTW, I saw Izzy's TRF this past weekend... the parts are gorgeous... just wish I could afford it...

Ian A.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Back to the topic: So, is anybody out there still using the 04R? Mine went from being an 04-Pro, then an 04-Pro w/ Saddle, and recently converted to an 04R. The bloodline on this car, as well as other Tamiya cars, are just amazing... so what's next? 04RS? BTW, I saw Izzy's TRF this past weekend... the parts are gorgeous... just wish I could afford it...

Ian A.
hahahah...eeeyan I'm sure you can afford it plus the new EVO 3 or maybe for that's coming! :-)
Old 04-03-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

mine's basically an 04R now, but it didn't start out like that, it started as a regular 04 with the Loctite body, it's been a 2 year journey, I've spent quite a bit of money on it, but I've got to say it's been worth it, I've gotten my money's worth out of it and then
some. I think this season as far as racing is concerned will be it's farewell tour though.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

I have one that started as a humble 04-S, but slowly came to something strange with the several options that I've added to it, weight is slightly over 1500grams here's the almost complete list of options (w/some part nos.) that I've added to the car during this almost year and a half that I own this car.

Lightweight carbon tub chasis.
Carbon fiber upper deck.
Carbon damper stay (F/R).
TRF shocks (silver ones with al shock collars).
Adjustable ball connectors (53488).
Reinf. rear gearcase (49203).
Finned motor plate (53437).
Low friction hinge pins (53479).
Rear toe-in uprights.
Lightweight (blue) CVD's.
Hard main shaft (53510) w/ plastic pulleys.
Aluminium spur gear adapter (53452)
Front one-way.
Rear ball diff w/ lightweight outdrives.
Low friction belts (F/R).

Now is slightly over 1500 grams, but I'm pretty satisfied with the car (God, don't let me know how much I spent on those car). Plan to reach 1500 grams via some other hop-ups (aluminium steering posts, titanium turnbuckles and aluminium ball connectors - I don't smack boards ).

I use the car from time to time, last year only did 3 races (TCS and one club race). This year goes by the same path, but sold my Xray and plan to use more usually.

BTW: Since I have the car almost brand new, don't plan to switch to the 414M2 as many friends of mine did, probably will last a pair of years more and then go the stand as many other tamiya cars that used in the past.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Back to the topic: So, is anybody out there still using the 04R? Mine went from being an 04-Pro, then an 04-Pro w/ Saddle, and recently converted to an 04R. The bloodline on this car, as well as other Tamiya cars, are just amazing... so what's next? 04RS?
I will vote for an RR version.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default How free is your drivetrain?

With the pinion off and the wheels on, I gave the spur gear a firm push... and it barely rotated half a revolution.

No matter what I couldn't get it to rotate for more than 1 revolution, let alone make it free-wheel for 30 seconds. So how free is your drivetrain? I want to know if there's something wrong with my car. Until then, I'm blaming this on the belts.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: How free is your drivetrain?

Originally posted by Iso Octane
With the pinion off and the wheels on, I gave the spur gear a firm push... and it barely rotated half a revolution.

No matter what I couldn't get it to rotate for more than 1 revolution, let alone make it free-wheel for 30 seconds. So how free is your drivetrain? I want to know if there's something wrong with my car. Until then, I'm blaming this on the belts.
Don't get to hype up with this free spinning shaft drive cars. Belts will not allow you to do that. To make sure you have a free drive train. You have to take out your belts and make sure all your gears run freely and not make your belts to tight or to loose.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Izzy,

Old 04-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Izzy,

Joe just emailed me... he got an 04R last friday... and actually ran Tamiya yesterday... hehehe...

Ian
Old 04-06-2003, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

eeyan, that's ok. I was looking at all my cars yesterday and I can't think of parting with any of them. I can't even wait to get the new EVO 3.
Old 04-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Talking

Hi, I've been racing my TL01LA at Burien for the last few months, and - thanks in part to some prodding from difuser and Ray - took the plunge to the NSX body 04R yesterday.

Although I don't anticipate any problems in building the kit - given Tamiya's quality, and that this is my fourth Tamiya model - I'm still curious as to whether any of you 04R vets have any schweet build tips and/or shortcuts?!

Thanks for any help! Looking forward to driving my new baby this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.