R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-19-2002, 12:56 AM   #721
Tech Adept

I may have missed it on the previous pages, but I am trying to get a baseline setup for a TA04. I have a saddle pack chassis, carbon upper and lower decks, shock towers, aluminum treaded shocks with gear diffs front and rear.

Does the torque rods and the racing hub carrier set (p/n: 53458) improve steering response and or handling? Does the racing hub carrier set come with the new 5 degree caster block?
Dayten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 01:43 AM   #722
Tech Elite

Default Re: Aliso Viejo TCS

Quote:
Originally posted by Denso
Just wondering what inserts work best with the type B tires for the Aliso Viejo TCS race coming up this month. Thanks in advance.
For me, the best inserts you can put on a B/B2 tyre sets is the JB Foams Black insert (hard). Used on my local TCS ans worked superb.

If the track temp isn't too high, I've realized that the B2 compound worked better than the B. But I suspect that the B compound should suit better your temp nowadays.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 08:35 AM   #723
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dayten
I may have missed it on the previous pages, but I am trying to get a baseline setup for a TA04. I have a saddle pack chassis, carbon upper and lower decks, shock towers, aluminum treaded shocks with gear diffs front and rear.

Gear diffs?

Dayten, you're not in the TA03 thread anymore

rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 09:27 AM   #724
Tech Apprentice

Yes, there is a gear diff for TA04. The gear diff use the same set of gear from TG10 but not much ppl using.
alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 10:26 AM   #725
Tech Rookie

Default Just got ta04r some ?'s

Hi i am new to the ta04r i just built it how tight should the ball diffs be should i be able to hold the wheel and turn the belt and the wheel not move it just slips any help would be great thanks
portorleans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 10:19 PM   #726
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to ijnek

i saw the gear diff,...is it any better than the ball diff?...
ijnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 04:17 AM   #727
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Diff adjustment

Take 2 small straight blade screwdrivers or small allen wrenches and place them in the slots in the outdrives so the outdrives are "locked", they should be just tight enough that the pulley will not slip. Remember the gearboxes are an open design, so use the diff lube sparingly, excessive lube on the balls/rings will cause you to need a tighter setting to avoid slipage. After you finish the car charge a battery, place the car on a stand so that the wheels are off the ground. Grab a (1) tire tightly and pull the throttle for 4-8 seconds, repeat on all 4 tires. This will speed up the break-in of the diffs, now drive around for 2-3 battery packs thru the car just like you would be racing. Pull the diffs back out and readjust them as previously mentioned. You are all set to race.

You can fine tune the handling of the car by variing tha tightness of the diffs. If you make one side tighter that side will have slightly more traction on-power and slightly less traction off-power. Remember you should never go more than 1/8-1/16th of a turn difference however. I usually run my front diff slightly tighter. I always have and feel it suits my driving style a little better.

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 04:58 AM   #728
Tech Apprentice

hi ijnek, u need to get the plastic gear diff casing and TG10 gear diff set to works but i still find ball diff more easy to control in my opinion (Maybe it just dun suit my driving style). If u have a TG10, maybe can buy the gear diff casing to try.
Old 08-22-2002, 05:04 AM   #729
Tech Apprentice

Tips for TA04 gear diff casing............ u can actually buy the gear diff casing and combine with TG10 front one way unit so u get a front one way. If not wrong it is cheaper than the TA04 front one way. Correct me if i m wrong cos i forget the price. LOL
Old 08-28-2002, 06:13 PM   #730
Tech Adept

ttt page fell off
grinch77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 09:48 PM   #731
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Impactplayer do you you still run at RCO? Do you still run your TA04? You probably know me from RCO. I have been their the last 3 weeks running the Yokomo SP in stock.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 05:45 PM   #732
DNQ
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know what manufacturers make aluminum steering knuckles and/or front hub carriers for the TA-04? I know Tamiya makes these parts for other models (TA-03 for one) but for some reason not for the TA-04.
DNQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 09:16 PM   #733
Tech Elite

WYD: I haven't been up there for a few months, and I sold my 04-R to a freind. Where abouts do you live, I am from Hagerstown and an new shop/track just opened up, I have been there getting practice for when he gets a racing crowd. If you can make it to Hagerstown one Saturday, Sunday, or Monday shoot me an e-mail and we can hook-up and practice together...... I need some real comp....... LOL

DNQ, Check out INTEGY

Old 09-01-2002, 10:22 PM   #734
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Impactplayer I live right outside of Harrisburg. I live in Mechanicsburg. What car are you running now? I have the Yoke MR4TC SP. It took me about 3 weeks to really get the car working but it is really coming around now.

Are you going to run at RCO at all this year? What is the new track that has opened? Do they run carpet or asphalt? I don't really care for carpet that much but might try it out if they get a a fairly good turnout. How has the turnout been so far? Any touring stuff in stock (cars and such).

I think I will be going to Laurel next weekend for Casey's CHarity Race at WalMart on Sunday. I also talked with Phil Marabella and will be going October 6th to the Trinity Pimp Race at Alpine Lounge in New Jersey.

Thanks
Brian
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 10:52 PM   #735
Tech Elite

I run the Schumacher Mission and love it. The track is Gar-land's RC Car Land and hobbies. It's a carpet track and he is having the outside asphalted for summer. Right now he is waiting on his lap counting system and alot of racer are still in the parking lots, but I suspect there will be a modest attendance this winter. I will be triing to attend at RCO once a month and The Track (for 1/12th scale) once a month also. Garland is gonna try and race Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

If the world treats me will I may make the trip to RCO this weekend......