Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ta04r...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rccarracer

But yeah your right about the cut out, my motors were a lot hotter in my Yok Special, compared to my 414M.
Not too suprised, our 414ms' rear bulkhead is one big heat sink
Old 06-10-2002, 11:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Alvin

Not too suprised, our 414ms' rear bulkhead is one big heat sink
Yep!
Old 06-11-2002, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: O4R

Originally posted by neons
Although you can get this car for about $140-$150 USD in HK, at least here in Canada, you cannot race it in the TCS series.

Borgfeldt Canada (Tamiya Distributor in Canada) has made special holographic Borgfeldt/Tamiya Serial Number Stickers that they place on the chassis of every TB EVO, TA04, TA04 Pro, TA04S and TA04R chassis (and maybe some Lemans and Mini's as well).

They tech for the serial number sticker, and if it is not present, you cannot compete in the TCS races. One really really good driver in our area who's good friends w/the TCS organizer was not allowed to race his O4 pro because it was bought from HK and missing the sticker.

So if you plan on racing TCS, check the rules first.

Jeremy

(p.s. At least they're not as bad as Kyosho Cup...they require an authentic original receipt of all car/parts/accessories from Canada for up here before
you can race)
I think that is really a big CRAP that Canada will only allow such cars from there own place. Tamiya is Tamiya no matter where the product comes from. It is an International company after all, and I think they are just trying to get out of drilling more money off of your pockets..enough said!
Old 06-11-2002, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rccarracer

I think 5.9:1 in mod is a little strange! Now 7.38 is not to bad, I was running a 10x2 Fantom last week at around 7.6, but I was running my 12x2 Fantom at 7.1 or something recently, but I think 5.9 could do a some serious damage to a mod motor. That a stock motor ratio!!
Uhm!!! just only do one test, grab your motor fantom 12x2 (it's an Epic or Yokomo can?), bolt on your car and put that gear ratio (or if you're scared about the integrity of your motor/ESC/batteries), try a little higher (6,1:1 or 6,2:1), you will notice that you have more torque available.

Mine 12x3 was a over the counter Fantom 'Ti' bought Wednesday and I changed the stock brushes for Reedy Quasars and stock springs, timing about 18 or 20 degrees. The results were incredible.

I don't race stock motors normally, but the last endurance race I did, I used a Reedy MVP on my B3 with a ratio of 7,6:1....

For not being completely off-topic I'll remember to the people that the 04 is different to the 414 and the motor plate is the only heatsink the rear diff case is molded on plastic...
Old 06-13-2002, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

im thinking of getting a TA04R, mainly because a 414m or m2 is too expensive. our lhs also has more hopups and spares available for the 04. will i get the same performance with a TA04R? how different is the 414 from the TA04, in terms of setup and speed? thanks for any info
Old 06-13-2002, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

mavi: If you intend to add stuff like the carbon front/rear shock towers and dual one ways, the price will be close to a 414M, unless you intend to run it stock. And between the 04r and the 414M, both cars have very different handling characteristics, can't say which is "better" but out of the box the 414m's stock setting is a dream to drive.

~Alvin
Old 06-13-2002, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: O4R

Originally posted by izzyracer

I think that is really a big CRAP that Canada will only allow such cars from there own place. Tamiya is Tamiya no matter where the product comes from. It is an International company after all, and I think they are just trying to get out of drilling more money off of your pockets..enough said!
I whole heartedly agree with you! Why the hell would be the reason for distinguishing Canadian purchased Tamiya products from the same effing Tamiya product purchased elsewhere? The only reason I can think of is, like you said, to grab more money out of our pockets. It just makes me furious!

I haven't heard of this being practiced in any other country, so why the hell Canada? Isn't Canada known for its freedom and diversity!? Well, this is chassis diversity! They're racially discriminating against imported Tamiya chassis! Argh, it makes me so mad!
Old 06-13-2002, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Which on should I get rid of???

Hey everyone, I have a (1)Ta04-R with graphite chassis and graphite shock posts set up for GT-1 with one-ways. (2) A Ta04-pro that is more of an R with all the parts in it (the only thing missing is the turnbuckles) set up for GT-2. Another (3)TA04-r still in box and a (4)414M2 still in box, It's getting a bit rediculous so I want to sell one of them. but which one?
Old 06-13-2002, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Iso octane - I don't think you can seriously expect the Canadian importer to allow "grey's" to run in the TCS series - after all, the TCS series is run mainly to put money into the importers pocket (via brand promotion and parts sales).

If you don't like the rules, you don't have to race by them.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sosidge
Iso octane - I don't think you can seriously expect the Canadian importer to allow "grey's" to run in the TCS series - after all, the TCS series is run mainly to put money into the importers pocket (via brand promotion and parts sales).

Exactly, Brand Promotion and parts sales which in Tamiya's case worldwide. Canadian TCS should realize that specially now, this is a Global market and they have to compete with not just canada, not just USofA but worldwide (HK,JPN,UK...etc). thanks to E-bay and the internet hich we are on right now.
Old 06-13-2002, 06:59 PM
F&K
Tech Adept

Has anyone try using 48 pitch spur on their TAO4 car?. If yes, what is the best teeth to start with for a 13T modify motor.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

thanks i do intend to add carbon fiber shock towers and aluminum diff pulleys and center pulleys, but not the one-ways. i plan to run it in a technical track that may not suit a one-way. the 414m and m2 is out of stock in our lhs but the 04R is available now. i think ill wait for the 414's to arrive (if and when they arrive) before deciding. i added the cost of the 04 hopups and they will come close to the price of the 414.
Old 06-13-2002, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by sosidge
It's not like I have any other choice.

after all, the TCS series is run mainly to put money into the importers pocket (via brand promotion and parts sales).
Yes, how greedy they are. Same kit can be had elsewhere for more than half the price. They've done their brand promotion so well that I'll even go through the trouble of obtaining their products from another country. Parts, I don't mind the mark-up, as the absolute value of it is not so high.

And they do charge fees for entering.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:40 AM
Tech Elite

another new 04r kit coming out...
tried searching for pics of the HKS CLK but to no avail...

http://www.tamiyausa.com/events/shiz...002/index.html
Old 06-27-2002, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Not avaliable?? )))
Attached Thumbnails Ta04r...-clkhks.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.