R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-14-2002, 07:56 AM   #526
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to ijnek
Smile

then u must have got the sliver motor mount as an xtra now,...

any1 use the carbon lower deck?...
i remember reading somewhere that after installing tat,the performance is not so significant and i remember some1 saying the tub is better...

can any1 comment on this?...
i have the ta04r also and i'm consider this hop-up,but i wan 2 know if it's good...
ijnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 08:08 AM   #527
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by KiwiKid
Yeah, I like blue too, so I actually bought the "R" but hopped it up with all the "blue parts".

i remember a long time ago u said you bought 2 tao4 pro blue.....y didnt you just buy a carbon composite tub for them?
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 11:27 AM   #528
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

I prefer the tub because is just seems more planted. i had to get rid of the center popst of the plate chassis to make it a little more predictable. the Tub is just a better feel to me.
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 03:36 PM   #529
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to ijnek
Smile

hmmm,...
so the tub is the 1 which is having a better feel...
mayb i will keep it tat way then and spend the money on other hop-ups...
ijnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 06:25 PM   #530
Tech Regular

The day the Blue Edition came out, I also got to see the new "R" chassis kit. It was a tough choice but in the end, I decided that I preferred the tub chassis and carbon top over the fibre glass reinforced chassis of the BE. So I bought the "R" and my friend bought the "BE" kit.

I actually have 3 TA-04 chassis now - 1 "R" Altezza (without the countersunk tub chassis), 1 "R" chassis only kit (with the countersunk tub chassis) and the original "PRO" kit which I have upgraded with the normal aluminium parts from my "R" kit which I have replaced with blue parts - so no spares actually.

Having driven both the PRO chassis and the R chassis, I can say that both are similar in handling (if you use the TRF aluminium shocks on both with similar settings). I prefer the extra room for installing your electronics on the Tub chassis.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon

i remember a long time ago u said you bought 2 tao4 pro blue.....y didnt you just buy a carbon composite tub for them?
KiwiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 08:35 PM   #531
Tech Adept

Is their any mod you can do to have the battery holder accept batteries with corally style plugs on the TA04 pro?Any help would be great or pics if you have done this with your car.
grinch77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:09 PM   #532
Tech Adept

How is the "R" the better chassis over the "Blue"?

They share the same.... everything. The only difference is that the "R" has those reinforcing arms which extend from the upper carbon deck to the front (hub carriers?). Don't tell me those things make that dramatic of a difference in handling

The "R" would be the better buy though, it comes with the spring set and stabilizer set.

But but but, the Blue is just oh so much prettier
Iso Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:41 PM   #533
Tech Regular

Are you asking in respect of the entire chassis or just the chassis decks (both upper and lower)?

They don't actually share the same of everything - the "R" has torque bars (which are those reinforcing arms that you are referring to) and hardened carbon reinforced uprights at the rear. The bumpers are also different. The "BE" has blue aluminium steering arms whereas the "R" retains the plastic arms. The "R" has turnbuckles for everything, whereas the "BE" doesn't. It is for these reasons that I took the "R" and upgraded it to the "BE" with all blue parts. I also replaced all the screws with "hex" screws and blue washers. I agree that the blue parts make the car look way better.

Oh and one last thing, both the "R" and the "BE" come with yellow colour coded springs, but the "R" comes with f/r yellow stabilizers whereas the "BE" comes with normal silver f/r stabilisers. The "BE" also includes the old "Gold" coloured springs as well.

By the way, have the Toronto Maple Leafs won the decider?

Quote:
Originally posted by Iso Octane
How is the "R" the better chassis over the "Blue"?

They share the same.... everything. The only difference is that the "R" has those reinforcing arms which extend from the upper carbon deck to the front (hub carriers?). Don't tell me those things make that dramatic of a difference in handling

The "R" would be the better buy though, it comes with the spring set and stabilizer set.

But but but, the Blue is just oh so much prettier

Last edited by KiwiKid; 05-14-2002 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:11 PM   #534
Tech Adept

Hehe, yes Toronto whupped Ottawa's @ss, 3-zip win!
WHOOO! Leafs rule~!

Oh, so the R doesn't come with the full tuned spring set? Well there's really not that much of a diff between the R and BE then.

~
Old 05-14-2002, 10:52 PM   #535
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi,

Someone asked earlier in the thread, yes, we will be carrying Tamiya B's (if we can get our hands on them

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 01:28 AM   #536
Tech Regular

That's great news - I've been a big fan of Canadian Hockey for a while and my Brother is a sworn Toronto Maple Leafs fan. I actually support the Habs but unfortunately for me, their season has ended.

Good luck to the Leafs.

Quote:
Hehe, yes Toronto whupped Ottawa's @ss, 3-zip win!
WHOOO! Leafs rule~!

Oh, so the R doesn't come with the full tuned spring set? Well there's really not that much of a diff between the R and BE then.

~
Old 05-15-2002, 02:28 AM   #537
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Grinch77..i am a Corally plug guy myself, ALL my cars use that plug, BUT the TA04R...I had to bite the big one and use Deans.=(

You'd have to do a ton of milling and to be honest, it isn';t worth it!
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 03:15 AM   #538
Tech Elite

Default Corally plugs on the Tub chassis.

Quote:
Originally posted by grinch77
Is their any mod you can do to have the battery holder accept batteries with corally style plugs on the TA04 pro?Any help would be great or pics if you have done this with your car.
I use side by side configuration on my packs, and for the battery terminals I needed to solder another battery bar where the corally plug should be soldered.

Rather than soldering at 90 degrees from the point of view of the battery side I Solder the batt bar at 45 degrees and the connector soldered to the bar.

I'll try to post a picture of my connector config today or tomorrow.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 12:22 PM   #539
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:

~
There are a few more differences than just the springs...The chassis is the MAIN and BIGGEST difference...The 04R has the carbon reinforced tub chassis whereas the BE only uses the upper and lower deck-style chassis (unless I'm wrong)...The adjustability of the turnbuckles included with the 04R is another addition...The racing hub carriers on the 04R change the castor angle for the better and the rear uprights have the "standard" 2 degree of rear toe-in for stability...The BE doesnt have either...

Just because it contains blue colored stuff dont make it better...The 04R is still the best way to go
Old 05-15-2002, 06:56 PM   #540
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by k_bojar

Just because it contains blue colored stuff dont make it better...The 04R is still the best way to go
~_~

Hey KiwiKid, you're following Canadian hockey from East Singapore? Can't argue with that!