Ta04r...

Old 07-04-2003, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default RE: ROLL OUT

We consider the roll out to be very important , i am using 48 pitch gearing and i am racing in 540 class. 40mm to 50mm roll out is what we are using, have tried low 40's with not as much success as near 50mm. Tyres, setups, everthing else is working well.

so if anyone does have any resonse to my question please answer it.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone know of any model shops with the Tamiya TA04 TRF still in stock? I need one ASAP. They must also be able to ship to the UK. Rick
Old 07-09-2003, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rick contact Ray at Burien Toyota they have one in stock and do alot of international orders

[email protected]

They sound like a Toyota dealership but also run a full TCS program. Pricing is just about the same as any online store
Old 07-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by Difuser
Rick contact Ray at Burien Toyota they have one in stock and do alot of international orders

[email protected]

They sound like a Toyota dealership but also run a full TCS program. Pricing is just about the same as any online store
DG,

Will you be making the trip down for TCS Nats this year?
Old 07-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Rick saw your kit going out today FYI. Glad to hear they could help.

MadJohhny yes sir I will be sounds like alot of past champs will be around for the fun.
Itoh said he was going to race, Pete and I, I also heard Hung was coming down with the Canadian group Crisp will probably not make it. Not to mention all the local champs should be fun.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Rick Draper
Does anyone know of any model shops with the Tamiya TA04 TRF still in stock? I need one ASAP. They must also be able to ship to the UK. Rick
You can also try Andy at http://www.hobbymania.com.hk

I think he may still have one in stock at a good price too..

Steevo
Old 07-11-2003, 04:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the help, i am about to order one from either of them, not decided who yet. I am just waiting to make sure hobbymania has one in stock. Thanks Rick
Old 07-11-2003, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Difuser
Rick saw your kit going out today FYI. Glad to hear they could help.

MadJohhny yes sir I will be sounds like alot of past champs will be around for the fun.
Itoh said he was going to race, Pete and I, I also heard Hung was coming down with the Canadian group Crisp will probably not make it. Not to mention all the local champs should be fun.
Thats good news! It should be very fun to watch you guys get after it.

I had heard your using the 04R with Novak BL, is that still the case?
Old 07-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Question

Will the alum. rear toe in in the TAO4-TRF fit the TAO4-R?

will revive my TAO4-R with alum evo 3 components from square.

Peace and nice to know this thread is up and about!!
Old 07-11-2003, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Question

Originally posted by lem2
Will the alum. rear toe in in the TAO4-TRF fit the TAO4-R?

will revive my TAO4-R with alum evo 3 components from square.

Peace and nice to know this thread is up and about!!
Yes the parts from the 04 TRF will fit, however I don't know if that is the case with the EVO blocks?
Old 07-11-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by madjack
Yes the parts from the 04 TRF will fit, however I don't know if that is the case with the EVO blocks?
Thanks for the reply!! The evo3's arms are from the TAO4 (hardened), and the dimensions of the c-hub,knuckle arm and rear hub are the same!

I could finally solve the problem of the knuckles which always become loose.

Peace!!
Lem
Old 07-19-2003, 04:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Has anyone got any tips for building a TA04? I have a few tricks but just wanted to see what you in the US do to yours? Dan and Peter you must both have some hints and tricks to free the drive train up? Thanks Rick
Old 07-19-2003, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Rick no major tricks just the usual bearing blast. Watch the upper deck you can actually add belt tension depending how you tighten it down. Others have used WD-40 to loosen belt tension. I have not done this myself your mileage may vary. I think Madjack does I always used a real old belt. Glad the toothpaste worked on the EVO. You've turned into a serious Tamiya nutter now haven't you. TRF, Evo, EVO-S.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

LOL Dan i have always had a big interest in Tamiya cars its just i have never asked that many questions on the Forums! Thought it might be of use to me to find out what other people do in other countries! Thanks Rick
Old 07-19-2003, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default TAO4-R

M not from the US but here is what i did to my Ride.

The rear shock tower flexes so, i used the front shock tower in the rear and used the longer thing that attaches to the shock piston that connects to the ball cap.

The chassi still flexes so I used two upper deck, just need to cut the front portion of the 2nd u.deck that has an X so the belt won't touch it.

The screws that hold the knuckle arms always come loose so I changed it to aluminum (the ones for the evo3)

To make the shocks stand up a little I used the holes where the body post are mounted

I also removed the plastic posts to mount the battery hold down bar and just use tape to keep the bats in.

I made the holed under the motor bigger, motors in the TAO4 cna get very hot, not too much air passing thru.

To free up the drive train-- just placed it in WD-40, blast it and placed light oil during assembly.

I removed the torque rods and plan to change the C-huib. There is one from square that is 5.5degrees. Its for the evo3 but its a direct fit.

Thats about it.

Peace from Manila, Philippines!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.