Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Chassis Setup App - Have you tried it? >

New Chassis Setup App - Have you tried it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chassis Setup App - Have you tried it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Martin when can we expect a pc version?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just bought this app, it's a great replacement for my tattered xxx-main book.

Question, i tried zooming on some of the pages and it's not working. Is this caused by a quirk in the app your using to create this tool? Any chance this can be fixed in the future?

Like the new format very easy to find solutions, great job.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Martin,

What a great thing to make this available on the mobile electronic format(s). Your original was worth it's weight in gold and I'm delighted to purchase again.

I recommend this book regularly when I see folks looking for setup information. Don't listen to the belly-achers "it's too expensive"...the answer is two-fold. Firstly, all those free or nearly free aps are (as has been discussed) WIDELY distributed rather than limited market, further how many of them are REALLY supported after the fact? Virtually none of them, where you have a proven track record with this franchise. Secondly, racers will buy any bright shiny goo-gaw that someone in a magazine (or on-line) says is the next fastest thing but then piss and moan about something that will REALLY help.

The next best speed secret, right after more practice, is a properly set-up car. With the info in the book (and now the app) you can guarantee the second. Start with any "good" setup (including kit setup) and massage your way to an ideal set-up for your track and your driving style. No magic, it only seems that way.

btw, I originally bought the setup book as an online download as "M-Power" or some such, but later saw a XXX-Main book and saw that they're almost word-for-word identical. Was M-Power your deal or was someone riding your back?

Thanks!

Wow, you bought the original M-Power version!!!! Very Cool!!! I agree about the price thing, but I thought I would see if by dropping the price for this week if it had any impact on my normal sales volumes. So far it does not seem to change the normal volumes, but it is early in the week . I personally don't think it will impact the sales volumes, but I thought it would be an interesting experiment. With the app costing about half the cost of a set of tires, I think it is a good value, but I do understand the mindset created by the app store on the price point of apps.

I really do appreciate your comments, as it encourages me to keep adding new content and tools to the app!

Cheers
Old 07-26-2011, 05:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
To be honest, I am still trying to decide if it is worth the development effort to do this. The app is the easy part, it is all the infrastructure I need to build/setup to allow for online payments and licensed based distribution of the software to ensure it does not get copied, like my original PDF version of the book 10 years ago.

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Just bought this app, it's a great replacement for my tattered xxx-main book.

Question, i tried zooming on some of the pages and it's not working. Is this caused by a quirk in the app your using to create this tool? Any chance this can be fixed in the future?

Like the new format very easy to find solutions, great job.

Zooming is not a feature that I have built into the app yet. Sorry.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
I agree about the price thing, but I thought I would see if by dropping the price for this week if it had any impact on my normal sales volumes. So far it does not seem to change the normal volumes, but it is early in the week . I personally don't think it will impact the sales volumes, but I thought it would be an interesting experiment. With the app costing about half the cost of a set of tires, I think it is a good value, but I do understand the mindset created by the app store on the price point of apps.
I know it's hard to advertise and it cost money but i didn't even know the price had dropped until i saw someone post it on this thread. Maybe you should start a new thread showing the 1 week special and you would probably see an increase in sales. If people don't know about it there won't be a reaction.

I've posted on our local thread so there maybe more sales from CO folks not sure about anywhere else.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Bought it.

Thanks Martin!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

I actually have the XXX Main book, but decided to buy this app also - and wow. This is nice! It really has some interesting reading!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:26 AM
BGZ
Tech Rookie

Yeah, I just bought it. I think it is useful in the pit.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
I know it's hard to advertise and it cost money but i didn't even know the price had dropped until i saw someone post it on this thread. Maybe you should start a new thread showing the 1 week special and you would probably see an increase in sales. If people don't know about it there won't be a reaction.

I've posted on our local thread so there maybe more sales from CO folks not sure about anywhere else.
I guess this is the thread

I will use it to answer any questions about the app or about setup. Also I will use it to keep you updated on new features, platforms etc etc.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
Bought it.

Thanks Martin!
Originally Posted by Nilks
I actually have the XXX Main book, but decided to buy this app also - and wow. This is nice! It really has some interesting reading!
Originally Posted by BGZ
Yeah, I just bought it. I think it is useful in the pit.
Thanks Guys! It means a lot to me that you find it useful.

Cheers.
Martin
Old 07-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Martin,

I'm sure this has probably been asked before.

Not sure if you run pan car but a good addition or maybe even a separate tool would be setup dynamics for this type of car.

If you don't run much pan i'm sure you could do some research with a few of the best pancar drivers and designers to help create the content. Slightly more limited market but i'm sure it would sell when the word got out.

A good example would be adjustments to the rear of a pancar. It's nothing like any other car so the adjustments just don't make sense.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Martin,
I did not see a section that discusses the diff positions and what it does. It would be awesome if you can add it
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
Thanks Guys! It means a lot to me that you find it useful.

Cheers.
Martin
Old 07-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

hey martin amazng job on this product.. as soon as u released it i was prob one of the 1st to buy it.. maybe a good section that u could do is the speedo adjustments u can do and the affects.. like thepopular speedos, tekin,lrp,ect.. and maybe motor tuning like timing, rotor effects... also gearing ,like affect on rollout if u wanna keep same numbers but change spur and pin.. know what i mean just some ideas.. also would setup storer work... like a way to save ur current setup or speedo,motor setup? i dontknow how hard it is but just and idea likei said..
Old 07-29-2011, 04:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Martin,

I'm sure this has probably been asked before.

Not sure if you run pan car but a good addition or maybe even a separate tool would be setup dynamics for this type of car.

If you don't run much pan i'm sure you could do some research with a few of the best pancar drivers and designers to help create the content. Slightly more limited market but i'm sure it would sell when the word got out.

A good example would be adjustments to the rear of a pancar. It's nothing like any other car so the adjustments just don't make sense.
A good idea, and it is on the product roadmap, but I think I will focus on offroad next. I agree, tuning the rear end of a pan car requires some new content in the app.

Originally Posted by dex410usa
Martin,
I did not see a section that discusses the diff positions and what it does. It would be awesome if you can add it
wow...can't believe I missed that one. It will be in a future release for sure. I don't tend to make this setup change much, but I have used it from time to time. It is good to help control weight transfer on power.

Originally Posted by Blue Screw
hey martin amazng job on this product.. as soon as u released it i was prob one of the 1st to buy it.. maybe a good section that u could do is the speedo adjustments u can do and the affects.. like thepopular speedos, tekin,lrp,ect.. and maybe motor tuning like timing, rotor effects... also gearing ,like affect on rollout if u wanna keep same numbers but change spur and pin.. know what i mean just some ideas.. also would setup storer work... like a way to save ur current setup or speedo,motor setup? i dontknow how hard it is but just and idea likei said..
Thanks for the feedback! great idea re esc.! I think this would need to be esc specific along with some generic concepts. I am currently working on a feature to allow you to store your setups. should be available soon.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

personaly i am not too keen on spending that much money on an app. Not because i dont think it is worth it, but because i i am not completely confident that i will be using an iphone for the indefinite future. I would be all over an online or downloadable version.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.