R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #106
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp View Post
.



It does run on iPad already. Did you mean MAC OSX?

Cheers.
I meant an iPad version rather than iPhone app displayed on iPad. I know it's the same thing but an iPad format would be better ( for me).

I spotted a few typos which I can share with you but not sure how old this version is and therefore if you have been informed already... If you're interested of course - no criticism , just happy to assist.
gimpex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #107
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpex View Post
I meant an iPad version rather than iPhone app displayed on iPad. I know it's the same thing but an iPad format would be better ( for me).

I spotted a few typos which I can share with you but not sure how old this version is and therefore if you have been informed already... If you're interested of course - no criticism , just happy to assist.
I just did a iPad app download as well, and also noticed some typo and sentence format issues. Good tool though.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #108
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
I just did a iPad app download as well, and also noticed some typo and sentence format issues. Good tool though.
Please send me a private msg with any spelling or grammar issues so I can fixe them.

glad you like the app.

To nice thing about being an app is that fixing spelling mistakes and grammar issues is a lot easier than a printed book

Cheers,
__________________
Martin Crisp
Power-Story.com | LearnSetup.com
Martin Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #109
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 827
Default TCS Finals

Congrats to JB on his win in California! Now he is off to Japan for the world finals.
__________________
Martin Crisp
Power-Story.com | LearnSetup.com
Martin Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #110
Tech Master
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Yes, well done JB.

Is he using your app?
__________________
Dave Locke
Team PerformanceHobbies.ca | ORCA RC | Bodies by Brandon | Team Meeting
XRAY T4'15 x2 | XRAY XB4 | XRAY XB8E | XRAY XB8

Last edited by locked; 09-01-2011 at 06:01 AM.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #111
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Dordon , England
Posts: 387
Default

Have been using this app since it first came out and have been finding it very helpful tool to have.

Only one thing i would like to suggest if i may, in the FDR calc it would be handy if it saved all your details you entered before so you don't have enter everything all over again the next time you open the app.

John D
__________________
Xray X1 "16" driven by an idiot, me
weekendracer_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #112
Tech Regular
 
MaxRain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 447
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp View Post
Please send me a private msg with any spelling or grammar issues so I can fixe them.

glad you like the app.

To nice thing about being an app is that fixing spelling mistakes and grammar issues is a lot easier than a printed book

Cheers,
Martin, I noticed errors also.
__________________
Gordon "smooth is fast"
Stock Car - Xray T3 EU Rubber, Modified Car - Xray T4 '14; Xray X1; Tamiya M-06, and I run all Tekin ESC's - Youtube Channel "CARCAR videos" or follow this link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7fp4qynjJzlXw13ocDpVAg - Facebook: CARCAR
MaxRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #113
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp View Post
Please send me a private msg with any spelling or grammar issues so I can fixe them.

glad you like the app.

To nice thing about being an app is that fixing spelling mistakes and grammar issues is a lot easier than a printed book

Cheers,
PM sent
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #114
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,273
Default

Any news on iPad support? It looks funky scaled up on mine. Still a great app though.
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #115
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
Any news on iPad support? It looks funky scaled up on mine. Still a great app though.
Have up updated the app on your device? Let me know if that makes a difference. The reason for asking is that I uploaded a while ago a version that should support the full high def of an iPad. It works fine in my simulator, but I don't have an iPad to test it on.

Cheers,
Martin.
__________________
Martin Crisp
Power-Story.com | LearnSetup.com
Martin Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #116
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ojai,ca
Posts: 88
Send a message via Skype™ to justin w
Default

hey martin i have hade ur app for a few weeks and my car is getting better and better today it was best ever thanks for the great info this is proving to be most important tool in my pit, now if you could just make a app for me to fix my driving
justin w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #117
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w View Post
hey martin i have hade ur app for a few weeks and my car is getting better and better today it was best ever thanks for the great info this is proving to be most important tool in my pit, now if you could just make a app for me to fix my driving

LOL...if I had an app that could fix driving, I would not share it So happy to hear that this app is helping you go faster. I truly believe that you will be a faster driver if you know how to make your own setup instead of just copying some other drivers setup. Everyone is different in what they need and want in a car due to differences in driving style. Also a setup on the same track may not work next time on that track as the track changes. So rather than just copy Marc's, Hara's or Paul's setup...it is better to learn how to make your own adjustments.

Cheers.
M
__________________
Martin Crisp
Power-Story.com | LearnSetup.com
Martin Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #118
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
Yes, well done JB.

Is he using your app?
lol! I hope so!
__________________
Martin Crisp
Power-Story.com | LearnSetup.com
Martin Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #119
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendracer_uk View Post
Have been using this app since it first came out and have been finding it very helpful tool to have.

Only one thing i would like to suggest if i may, in the FDR calc it would be handy if it saved all your details you entered before so you don't have enter everything all over again the next time you open the app.

John D
on the list of todo's for sure.
__________________
Martin Crisp
Power-Story.com | LearnSetup.com
Martin Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:07 AM   #120
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 827
Default 2 new versions of the "Setup Workbench" coming Soon!

Hi

I submitted to the apple app store over the weekend two new versions of the "Setup Workbench" app. One is designed to work at the native screen size of the iPad, and both have a brand new module for enabling you to store your Chassis and ESC setups. Unlike any other app out there, you can define your own fields for your setups so it will work with any Chassis and any ESC.

I expect it to be in the store sometime next week.. I will let you know.

Cheers.
Martin.
__________________
Martin Crisp
Power-Story.com | LearnSetup.com
Martin Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:29 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net