R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #241
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Bought you app today for my droid charge. Looks great, tons of info to wade through. Going to be starting to run VTA again soon, and if things work out at the new track opening soon, I may get a S411 for 17.5 blinky rubber tire TC. This app will be a godsend at the track. Thanks!
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 USGT
Team Serpent America and Desoto Racing
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #242
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT View Post
Bought you app today for my droid charge. Looks great, tons of info to wade through. Going to be starting to run VTA again soon, and if things work out at the new track opening soon, I may get a S411 for 17.5 blinky rubber tire TC. This app will be a godsend at the track. Thanks!
Yeah...I refer back to my own app from time to time, to remind myself of things from time to time There is lot of content in the app for sure.

Glad you like the app.

Cheers,
Old 01-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #243
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Any chances of getting something like this for pan cars? Like an add on perhaps?
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #244
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
Any chances of getting something like this for pan cars? Like an add on perhaps?
likely not in the near future...sorry. I don't run pan cars, so I don't really have much setup experience to base an app on.

Cheers.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #245
Tech Fanatic

Default front sweep

Hi

I have been experimenting with a lot of setups on my new s411 ride, and making good progress with it. If only I had an app that could help me lol.

My next thing to experiment with is adding sweep to the front of the car, to reduce ackerman and get more mid corner steering without loosing rear end grip. I realized this is not something I put in my app...will have to add that in the next version.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #246
Tech Rookie

Hi Martin

The app is just super awesome but I have a question regarding weight. I have around 80g of "overweight" on my car Schumacher Mi4cx, weightlimit is 1350. How big a issue is this weight, will I cut 5-10% of my laptimes by loosing the 80 grams, switching to fx. a short pack lipo ?

Anders
Drwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #247
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drwonder View Post
Hi Martin

The app is just super awesome but I have a question regarding weight. I have around 80g of "overweight" on my car Schumacher Mi4cx, weightlimit is 1350. How big a issue is this weight, will I cut 5-10% of my laptimes by loosing the 80 grams, switching to fx. a short pack lipo ?

Anders
80 grams is a lot of weight and most certainly affects your lap times. So it sounds like you are running at 1430g of weight. You are likely loosing an average of 1/10th per lap with the extra weight imo. If you can get the car down to something like 1370 you would likely not be loosing much in the way of laptimes. I don't know much about the short lipo packs, so I can't comment on that. Perhaps you can shorten the wires in your electronics to save some weight as well as running lighter esc/servo etc.

cheers.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #248
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp View Post
Hi

I have been experimenting with a lot of setups on my new s411 ride, and making good progress with it. If only I had an app that could help me lol.

My next thing to experiment with is adding sweep to the front of the car, to reduce ackerman and get more mid corner steering without loosing rear end grip. I realized this is not something I put in my app...will have to add that in the next version.
I was going to ask about sweep in the front arms in your app. I have this in my old HB VTA car. Something I tried a few years ago, and it's still in the car.

I've been using the app to help dial in my Serpent 811Be escale and DESC410R SCT as well.
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 USGT
Team Serpent America and Desoto Racing
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:18 AM   #249
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT View Post
I was going to ask about sweep in the front arms in your app. I have this in my old HB VTA car. Something I tried a few years ago, and it's still in the car.

I've been using the app to help dial in my Serpent 811Be escale and DESC410R SCT as well.
Yeah...I tried different degrees of sweep in the car this past weekend, and it did add more steering. I tried a 0/3 block sweep, a 1/3 block sweep and a 1/2 block sweep in the front. The 0/3 had the most steering, but I liked the feel better of the 1/2 block combo.

I think this coming summer I will get an 811e and try offroad again. I always liked the design of the serpent 811 with the batteries being on either side of the car keeping the CG very low compared to some other models out there.

I am glad to hear you are using the app for offroad chassis tuning. The concepts should apply for the most part. I really do need to create an off-road version eventually, to add offroad specific setup info around things like tire and insert choice etc.

Cheers.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #250
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp View Post
Hi

Just wondering about android. Recent surveys suggest that Android has a larger market in the USA than Apple, so why do 4 our to 5 people that buy my app, buy it for the iPhone? Very strange.

I have recently switched to Android from my iPhone 4, as I don't like the closed nature of Apple products.
Android is by far more popular than Apple here. Whilst iphones are the single greatest model of phone sold there is only one phone using apples OS where as there are many manufactures most with multiple models and price points using Android.

Latest figures I have seen show a noticeable drop in IOS and noticeable increases in android. IOS having 14% of the market and android having about 50%.

ipads are also quickly becoming a thing of the passed.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #251
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i bought the AP on Friday. Great job Martin. Nice to have this on my phone to look up at ease at anytime.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #252
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Martin did you get a chance race at the Big Rug in Indiana this past wknd?
smokefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #253
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpod View Post
Android is by far more popular than Apple here. Whilst iphones are the single greatest model of phone sold there is only one phone using apples OS where as there are many manufactures most with multiple models and price points using Android.

Latest figures I have seen show a noticeable drop in IOS and noticeable increases in android. IOS having 14% of the market and android having about 50%.

ipads are also quickly becoming a thing of the passed.
Yeah...it is good to see Android getting more popular. I like the platform better from a developer and distribution point of view. Also there are an awesome number of options for devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW141 View Post
i bought the AP on Friday. Great job Martin. Nice to have this on my phone to look up at ease at anytime.
thank you...
I use it myself...when I want am looking for something new to try on a setup that I might not be thinking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokefan View Post
Martin did you get a chance race at the Big Rug in Indiana this past wknd?
Which race was this?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #254
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Midwest Grandslam thought I seen your name on the entry list. I wanted to run it but had to work.
smokefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #255
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokefan View Post
Midwest Grandslam thought I seen your name on the entry list. I wanted to run it but had to work.
No I did not make it to that race. went to lous speedway instead. ..about 2 hours away in london ontario.