R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #181
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp View Post
Well...after being an independent for the past year I am joining the Serpent Team. I look forward to working on new setups for this car.

In addition to answering questions about my "XXX-Main Setup" book or "RC Setup Workbench" app, I am happy to answer setup questions here as well

Cheers.
Martin, please be sure to post your observations in the S411 thread. Looking forward to seeing some of your setups.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #182
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Martin, please be sure to post your observations in the S411 thread. Looking forward to seeing some of your setups.
+1 I drive a serpent too
Old 12-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #183
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to justin w

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
People purchase kits that are near $600 with hopes that it will make them faster. Tire wars, battery wars, motor wars, body wars, BOOSTED ESC WARS. How much is a Black Diamond? And those Competititon Electronics battery chargers. Gee Whizz all of that money spent just to get passed by someone who understands Martins material.

Martin I know you are trying to be a nice guy here, but I dont see how you owe anyone an apology or explanation. I think you should go up a buck everytime someone gripes about the price.
i agree i have bought both apps and turned about 6 other on to it now all my pit mates use it and has made all of us faster so keep up the great work , as we all now u can never please everyone
justin w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #184
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Will do. I always love trying to improve on setups...maybe too much, as sometimes I try too much at big races, but I always think I can make it better. Sometimes those gambles pay off big time and sometimes...well you know. But it is always fun to try new ideas.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #185
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w View Post
i agree i have bought both apps and turned about 6 other on to it now all my pit mates use it and has made all of us faster so keep up the great work , as we all now u can never please everyone
thanks Justin. You are right... I can't please everyone....but I still try .

So glad to hear that the app is helping you and your mates get faster!!! That is so rewarding!!! Cheers.

Martin
Old 12-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #186
Tech Regular

Default droid

The price on the droid market is 10.50. Is that the right price or is the price for the iphone just cheaper.

Thanks for all you do

1airborne
Old 12-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #187
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1airborne View Post
The price on the droid market is 10.50. Is that the right price or is the price for the iphone just cheaper.

Thanks for all you do

1airborne
the apple version price drop was due to some issues related to not being able to update the original app with a new version, which meant app users had to repurchase the app. The android market, which is much easier to deal with does not have that discount because I did not have the same issues with the android market.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #188
Tech Regular

Quote:
the apple version price drop was due to some issues related to not being able to update the original app with a new version, which meant app users had to repurchase the app. The android market, which is much easier to deal with does not have that discount because I did not have the same issues with the android market.
Thank you. Time to buy it.

1airborne
Old 12-17-2011, 05:56 PM   #189
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1airborne View Post
Thank you. Time to buy it.

1airborne
Have you been able to download and take a look yet? Hope you like it.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #190
Tech Regular

Great app!
smokefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #191
Tech Fanatic

Default tks

awesome! glad to hear that.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #192
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi Martin,
Very nice app, thanks for producing it.

So, is there a new version that I should be using? And needs to be repurchased if on the iOS platform?

Thanks,
Alex
Old 12-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #193
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrcr View Post
Hi Martin,
Very nice app, thanks for producing it.

So, is there a new version that I should be using? And needs to be repurchased if on the iOS platform?

Thanks,
Alex
The most current version for ios (iPhone and iPad) was release on Nov 3, 2011. It is called "RC Car Setup Workbench" If you had purchased your app before Nov 3rd, then you will need to re-purchase this new app, as I was not able to update the old version of this app (explained earlier in this thread).

Does that answer your question?

Cheers.
Martin.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:19 AM   #194
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This app is flat out sick!!!!!

I just stumbled onto this thread (man, am I behind the times,,,,,,,,just did not leave at the sound of the tone). I do not have a smart phone yet,,,,,,,,,,,but it is coming, and with this app now available, I can't get it quick enough. Martin, I have your paperback book and spoke with you very briefly when you attended the ROAR onroad NATS at Jackson NJ. I knew basically at this event you were at work as were the other pro level drivers, so I did not want to monopolize your time. But, the info you provided me helped one of my fellow racers, thank you. Looking forward to getting the app in the spring

No Apologies Racing, don't believe me, try me!!!!!
spurcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #195
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurcheck View Post
This app is flat out sick!!!!!

I just stumbled onto this thread (man, am I behind the times,,,,,,,,just did not leave at the sound of the tone). I do not have a smart phone yet,,,,,,,,,,,but it is coming, and with this app now available, I can't get it quick enough. Martin, I have your paperback book and spoke with you very briefly when you attended the ROAR onroad NATS at Jackson NJ. I knew basically at this event you were at work as were the other pro level drivers, so I did not want to monopolize your time. But, the info you provided me helped one of my fellow racers, thank you. Looking forward to getting the app in the spring
Thanks Man! Never feel shy about asking me questions at races, as long as I am not about to run Thanks for lumping me in with the real pros, but they are at a different level than me. I use to blame it on the fact that I am old 46, but Rick Howart. puts that myth to bed But is is fun to run fairly close to the true pros. I have found they are all very approachable with Paul and Hara being some of the most approachable pro drivers out there.

Cheers