R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #166
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie27 View Post
Black Knight,

It is a very good app and these updates would make it a whole lot better.

However don't expect the updates, expect Martin to publish a "new" app and charge you all over again.
Cmon guy, you do realize that that was not his intention and furthermore in the REAL WORLD most software companies do intentionally charge for updates! Sorry Martin, I felt the need to write something
Old 11-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #167
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
The app called Setup is an app I built for real car racing. All of the content in it is applicable to RC, but the RC version has more information in it specific to RC.
Quote:
I am waiting on a bug in the 3rd party library I use to be fixed before it will work on the Android...So I am not entirely sure when I can get the new version out for the Android devices. It will be out as soon as possible.

I just got my Android phone (Galaxy SII) and I see there is an app called "Setup Workbench" in the Android Market.

I take it that this is the one for "real car racing " and the one specifically for RC has not been released yet on Android, as the bug for the 3rd party library is delaying the release?

Just want to make sure I don't end up paying for the wrong app.

Thx.
SeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:57 PM   #168
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Cmon guy, you do realize that that was not his intention and furthermore in the REAL WORLD most software companies do intentionally charge for updates! Sorry Martin, I felt the need to write something
Mate i work in IT and most companies don't charge for dot releases, service packs etc

Furthermore whether it was intentional or not is not the case it was done and we have to wait to see if it happens again. I hope not

As i said it is a good app i have the original and the book.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #169
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
Just clicked on the link on the first page to the iTunes store. Tells me the app is not available to the US market.
Thanks for letting me know. The link on http://www.setupworkbench.com to the iphone app takes you to the Canadian iTunes Store. I am not entirely sure how to setup a generic link so that it will access your default store.... I will have to look in to that .

In the mean time, here is the link to the us store version, which I will also put on the site.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rc-ca...469823121?mt=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Thanks Fred. I appreciate your comments. Although I understand his frustration in having to spend another $4.99, I did not appreciate his original post saying that I would just charge for the next release, especially given what I have explained. My only conclusion I can reach is that he does not believe me, which offends me, and frankly I don't want customers like that. For the amount of money I have made from selling this iphone app which is less than $300 CND so, I think I should just take it off the market as I don't need these headaches.

I have a real software business to run and I don't need these distractions building iphone apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV View Post
I just got my Android phone (Galaxy SII) and I see there is an app called "Setup Workbench" in the Android Market.

I take it that this is the one for "real car racing " and the one specifically for RC has not been released yet on Android, as the bug for the 3rd party library is delaying the release?

Thx.
The android version is the RC Car version, but it does not have the ability to save setups like the iPhone one.

Quote:
Mate i work in IT and most companies don't charge for dot releases, service packs etc

Furthermore whether it was intentional or not is not the case it was done and we have to wait to see if it happens again. I hope not

As i said it is a good app i have the original and the book.
I am normally a reserved guy, who does not voice my true opinions on a lot of things, but in this case I just don't care...

Your original post which was...

"don't expect the updates, expect Martin to publish a "new' app and charge you all over again"

... is offensive to me as you are basically saying that you don't believe what I have been communicating on this forum. You don't even know me, yet you are quick to judge me. What kind of character must you have to even make such a comment....I just don't understand.

I may just take the app down, or just stop adding new versions. Life is too short, and the months of effort I put into building that app was just not worth it, if I have to deal with people like you.

If this app was a real business, and it is not, it was just a fun thing to do, I would not of course voice my thoughts about your comments, but the good thing about this just being a fun thing to do...is I get to tell you what I think, as it does not matter to me if you buy the app or not. hmmm....maybe I should just make the app free, that would really piss you off given that you paid for it already..now wouldn't it.

I don't want one guy like you to ruin it for everyone else, which is the only reason I have not taken the app down already....I will have to sleep on that.

Cheers Mate.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #170
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp View Post
Thanks for letting me know. The link on http://www.setupworkbench.com to the iphone app takes you to the Canadian iTunes Store. I am not entirely sure how to setup a generic link so that it will access your default store.... I will have to look in to that .

In the mean time, here is the link to the us store version, which I will also put on the site.
Thanks for the link. I'll go check it out!

Quote:
maybe I should just make the app free, that would really piss you off given that you paid for it already..now wouldn't it.
A lot of people look for any excuse to piss and moan. This guy seems to be one of them. Just got to learn to ignore them. I know, easier said than done for some people. I have a hard time ignoring what one person says. Sometimes its a good thing, sometimes its a bad thing.
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #171
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

okay so I just went and looked at your app. I have the associated app (RC cheat sheets). Its okay. I already like yours much better. Well worth the price of a coffe! Took me all of about 30 seconds to figure out it was worth the money.
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #172
Tech Initiate

Quote:

Thanks Fred. I appreciate your comments. Although I understand his frustration in having to spend another $4.99, I did not appreciate his original post saying that I would just charge for the next release, especially given what I have explained. My only conclusion I can reach is that he does not believe me, which offends me, and frankly I don't want customers like that. For the amount of money I have made from selling this iphone app which is less than $300 CND so, I think I should just take it off the market as I don't need these headaches.

I have a real software business to run and I don't need these distractions building iphone apps.

The android version is the RC Car version, but it does not have the ability to save setups like the iPhone one.

I am normally a reserved guy, who does not voice my true opinions on a lot of things, but in this case I just don't care...

Your original post which was...

"don't expect the updates, expect Martin to publish a "new' app and charge you all over again"

... is offensive to me as you are basically saying that you don't believe what I have been communicating on this forum. You don't even know me, yet you are quick to judge me. What kind of character must you have to even make such a comment....I just don't understand.

I may just take the app down, or just stop adding new versions. Life is too short, and the months of effort I put into building that app was just not worth it, if I have to deal with people like you.

If this app was a real business, and it is not, it was just a fun thing to do, I would not of course voice my thoughts about your comments, but the good thing about this just being a fun thing to do...is I get to tell you what I think, as it does not matter to me if you buy the app or not. hmmm....maybe I should just make the app free, that would really piss you off given that you paid for it already..now wouldn't it.

I don't want one guy like you to ruin it for everyone else, which is the only reason I have not taken the app down already....I will have to sleep on that.

Cheers Mate.
Martin Crisp is a stand up guy! His app is very helpful and has helped me a lot (both teaching me about all the changes that can be made on these cars, and being able to save all my setups, so i can refer to it at any point).

On top of the great app, he's had plans to continue to update the software to suite customers needs/wants. With all the customer service he's been doing through this thread, answering anyone's questions and concerns quite promptly, I don't really get how you'd think he did this on purpose. (It wasn't his intention to charge for the new version, as he's stated many times). For someone else's error he's had to drop the price 50% in order to make it up to customers. I think he deserves more for his hard work/hours.

Personally, I originally got the app for $14.99 and then the new version for $4.99 and it's well worth it.

Keep it up Martin Don't let the haters ruin it for the people that want to learn about setup!
Lou's Speedway/Much Hobby/RC Niagara Indoor
speedyfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #173
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Martin,

I do apologise if i offended you, but i dont know you from a bar of soap so i am sure you can see why i would be wary, But given how people are defending you i guess i will give you the benefit of the doubt.

I stated in in my two posts that i think this is a great app. I purchased it when you first posted about it.

Anyway good luck with future releases..
Old 11-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #174
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Martin,

I do apologise if i offended you, but i dont know you from a bar of soap so i am sure you can see why i would be wary, But given how people are defending you i guess i will give you the benefit of the doubt.

I stated in in my two posts that i think this is a great app. I purchased it when you first posted about it.

Anyway good luck with future releases..
Hi

I am glad that you like the app, and thank you for the apology. I think it is too bad that you assume the worst in people before you get to know them. But I do understand you being concerned because you don't know me...it was just the matter of fact way you stated to expect me to charge for the next release,... that from my point of view was not called for. But I am all too aware of how posts in forums can be miss-interpreted, so lets put this behind us.

Anyway..I hope you have a fun weekend of racing.

Cheers.
Martin.

Cheers.
Martin.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:10 AM   #175
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

People purchase kits that are near $600 with hopes that it will make them faster. Tire wars, battery wars, motor wars, body wars, BOOSTED ESC WARS. How much is a Black Diamond? And those Competititon Electronics battery chargers. Gee Whizz all of that money spent just to get passed by someone who understands Martins material.

Martin I know you are trying to be a nice guy here, but I dont see how you owe anyone an apology or explanation. I think you should go up a buck everytime someone gripes about the price.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #176
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV

Thx

Quote:
Thx Martin...
One more question, will the new version for Android that was discussed a few posts back......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Martin,

When are we going to see this new version for Android?

I am waiting on a bug in the 3rd party library I use to be fixed before it will work on the Android...So I am not entirely sure when I can get the new version out for the Android devices. It will be out as soon as possible.

cheers.
Martin.
....... have the ability to save setups like the iPhone one does?
SeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #177
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
People purchase kits that are near $600 with hopes that it will make them faster. Tire wars, battery wars, motor wars, body wars, BOOSTED ESC WARS. How much is a Black Diamond? And those Competititon Electronics battery chargers. Gee Whizz all of that money spent just to get passed by someone who understands Martins material.

Martin I know you are trying to be a nice guy here, but I dont see how you owe anyone an apology or explanation. I think you should go up a buck everytime someone gripes about the price.
LOL ! tks.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #178
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV View Post
Thx Martin...
One more question, will the new version for Android that was discussed a few posts back......
....... have the ability to save setups like the iPhone one does?
The plan is to support it, but the current one available on the Android market does not yet support it. I wish i could give you a timeline, but the 3rd party library I use is out of my control.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:01 AM   #179
Tech Fanatic

Default moving to serpent

Well...after being an independent for the past year I am joining the Serpent Team. I look forward to working on new setups for this car.

In addition to answering questions about my "XXX-Main Setup" book or "RC Setup Workbench" app, I am happy to answer setup questions here as well

Cheers.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #180
Tech Initiate

Congrats Martin!
Lou's Speedway/Much Hobby/RC Niagara Indoor
speedyfowler is offline   Reply With Quote