Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
V2 hara edition comparison. pls contribute >

V2 hara edition comparison. pls contribute

V2 hara edition comparison. pls contribute

Old 10-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default V2 hara edition comparison. pls contribute

does anyone know what is the diffrence between the V2 hara edition compared to the touring or mod edition?

in terms of (any of the ff):
- power
- design
- tuning
- comm size
Old 10-16-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Addict

the only thing i know off that is difrent to the normal version v2 is the stack size, a twisted comm, and sprint brushes installed
Old 10-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Its just tuned to accomidate the feel you want from a touring car. The Steenari one is for an off-road powerband. I don't know about a "twisted" comm though.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

i have heard about the twisted comm and the stack size. i was wondering is the stacksize more or is it less than the touring/mod?

im contemplating on what are the effects of a twisted comm.
more overlapp would it equate to more rpm? im not sure if i got its physics right. pls feel free to correct me if i am wrong.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

As far as I know, the twisted comms motoros are only sold in japan and europe. I recently picked up a hara edition 10x1 and it did NOT have the twisted com. I was kinda dissapointed lol. But yes, the twisted comms give crazy rpm.

-Korey
Old 10-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

its also more efificient (sp?) because it charges the next com segment while still on the last one and also decreases brush bouncing i think
Old 10-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think it's a give and take. More brush overlap usualyl means it will be less efficient, but the smooth transistion comes into play as well.

-Korey
Old 10-19-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Your right, the twisted comm is less efficient as it creates much greater overlap.

Over here in Europe the Hara did have the twisted comm but we have not really used it all year. It also has a smaller web arm - 3.5mm as opposed to the touring version which is 4mm. This also produces more revs but it lacks torque - you would normaly gear a hara 1 - 2 pinions lower than a revolution touring.

We have just found that they get far too hot and are too inefficient for 12turn racing. We have mainly used the 12x1HT touring all year

The Steenari has either a 4.5 or 5mm (cant remember) web arm. Much the same, if not identical to the old core arm. Although it revs much lower, it produces a heap more torque than the hara and more even than the touring version. Designed for off road it has actually been really good in touring running sprint brushes and 10mm timing or 25 degrees (This is past the last timing mark) Because of the torque you can gear at least 1 pinion higher than the touring version.

Just to finish off though we have just tested Spashett version 12x2 and 12x1HT and they are both STUPID FAST!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Spud,

I have to agree with you, the Spashett Editions are by far the best motors I have tested so far!!

Besides, they match the Pro4 so nicely!!