Wiki Posts
Search

the world of rc in 10 years???

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default AI

You'll be racing from the driver's prospective... helmet and all...

J
Old 10-19-2004, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Have you seen the telemetry readouts for F1 cars?! Those computers tell the crew if they ran over a penny in the mid-corner of the third turn, on a second tuesday in march! Can you imagine Gil Losi Jr. sitting in front of a lap-top while kinwald runs some serious laps. Then they bring it in and break down each lap and what happened. That would be pretty intense.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

wow this is going somewhere???
where will nitro be??
Old 10-19-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Maybe someone will come up with an engine that runs on Gasoline and not Nitromethane...
Old 10-19-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In 10 years I will probably be running my GP7200 cells, Tamiya EVo14, MonsterX Motor and TekinX100 ESC.

The reality of 10 years is I probably will run a Tamiya Evo14 or TRF419, LiPoly will probaby replace NiMh and brushless will probably replace brushed.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

All left/right turn cars will have motor/batteries in front of or on rear axle on the centerline. (JRX-S) Off-road cars will follow shortly. Sprint cars are already like this. Its a compromise of max bite vs max steering.

Now with beadlocks out, air or some gas will be filling the tires.

Shocks may progress towards their full size counterparts.

And some young kid will still be wheelin ya.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Maybe in 10 years these will be powering our R/C cars and aircraft...

Micro turbine generators
Old 10-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

I think what R/C will be like 10 years from now is that when u buy a chassis it comes implanted with the speedcontrole, reciever, and transponder put inside of the chassis. Cuase our technology will be so small we could just have the stuff in the chassis; except the motor, batteries, and servo. all you would have to do is just kind of solder the wires to the solder tabs in the chassis which will be elivated a little above to prevent shorting. The reciever will be in the chassis so all u can see is the crystal popping out of the chassis. It would also have most of the weight lower. You would also be able in the feture be able to have air pressure instead of using little foam inserts in the tires. The only thing i dont think needs to change are the batteries. Because the electric 1/10 scale cars only run 5 minutes. So i mean if u do run more say 10 or 15 the motor cant handel it. The batteries should stay the same but just try to make them smaller, and lighter.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think the next big advancement will be making batteries physically smaller while still retaining the same 33 or more capacity. I think of it like this....if Novak and all these other companies can continue to make the ESC smaller and more feature packed....then why can't we design a battery (cell) that is smaller and more cavernous.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

1. i doubt if the batteries will get smaller until they replace the current Nimh batteries with something like Lithium or Valedium (chemical symbol V, sorry if i spelt it wrong) batteries, but as capacities increases, it is inevitable that the size n weight of the cells will increase, because more chemicals=more capacity. But ultimately, fuel cells are the way to go
2. As for motor, brushless is the definite way forward.
3. ESC n other electronics.. well, smaller with more functions surely, perhaps we will see eletronic variable spring rates or electronic variable shock absorber, both possible, but cost to develope and manufacture will be the key limiting factors.
4. As for the tyres/chassis, i really don't think there will be too much changes, new changes to old designs are the most likely outcome, but don't forget that with such a small chassis to work with, there really is only a limited amount of possibilities for variations.
5. One thing no one seem to have mentioned however, is that whatever advances in techonology we may see in the R/C world, it may not become very popular if it's restricted by governing body like IFMAR, ROAR.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

I don't think changes will be real drastic....

I think we'll be moving more along the lines of what's popping up today.... Brusless will be mainstream... Lithium type batteries will replace NiMh or NiCd.... High end radio's will no longer be on the 72mhz band....

I'd love to see true pneumatic tires... No more inserts... Adjust air pressure to suit the surface and conditions....
Old 10-20-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

change the battery size all chassis will have to be remade or modded wont they?
Old 10-20-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Still not going to stray from current designs....

In reality, with the exception of electronic control, automobiles haven't changed in over 100 years....
Old 10-20-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

In the next 10 years i can see some of the older style cars being raced such as 10th scale pan cars, this whole 10th scale touring car buisness has only really just started to dominate in the last 7 years, i cant wait to see the a-main with 10th scale pan cars

we will have a radio with a LCD, a number of cameras at different point around our car, driveshaft hub area, shockers, droop screws etc. these will be mini min min cameras. we can switch between them on the transmitter and see whats going on, or when we smash into a wall we can add up how much the damage is going to cost :P

i think in the way of tyres they may invent a real inflated tyre instead of using inserts we can adjust tyre pressures which would be good.

theres lots of things that can be done, i cant wait :P
Old 10-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Camera's. no matter how tiny will add extra weight that you don't want....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.