Wiki Posts
Search

Issues with LRP SXX TC Spec V2

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Unhappy Issues with LRP SXX TC Spec V2

Hello guys! I bought my sxx tc spec v2 about a month ago and i've only run it 5 times, but yesterday as I connected my battery it just puffed. I didn't connect the battery again because I thaught that the problem would get worse. So today I went to my LRP dealer with the car and the controller on it as it was. He said it is possible and it happens. Then he connected a battery to the controller and it worked . So he said he cannot send it to LRP as it works and i should drive it till it does not work. Also adviced me to open the controller and spray it with WD40 to remove probable dust which may have caused the defect.
Tonight I opened the speedo and I saw good quantity of dust in it. I was not realy expecting it to be so durty inside. The second thing i noticed was an SMD resistor or capacitor which was completely blown. So guys what do i do now? The controller is not in perfect health that's obvious (see the pictures). Do I force my dealer to change the speedo or i run it till it is completely blown?

Cheers and thaks for your advices!

Here you can see the board from the bottom. On the left in the center of the board is the blown smd element.
i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k489/vi4o/DSC06006.jpg

The cover molten from the smd element.
i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k489/vi4o/DSC06008.jpg

The upper part of the speedo full of dust. Is it normal for this high class speedo to let so much dust in its box ?i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k489/vi4o/DSC06007.jpg
Old 07-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Wow. Its a surprise to see that ESC is in such a bad shape and still working. But I think it is also a surprise to see soooooo much dust in it. Are you playing at a very dusty place? I don't think the dust cost the ESC to not work. Anyway, try to get it replaced since there is certainly a malfunction from the ESC.

Good luck with it.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Well my place is an asphalt track but on the sides there is grass and as a newbie i often go there, but i did not think that it is sooo easy to get so much dust in this speedo .
Old 07-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Already got it replaced. Put the new one and works flawlessly.
Can you offer a way to protect the controller from dust? The dealer told me to clean it often, but i should remove it from the chasis every time i want to clean it.