Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
LRP/ Reedy BRUSHLESS motor !!!! >

LRP/ Reedy BRUSHLESS motor !!!!

LRP/ Reedy BRUSHLESS motor !!!!

Old 10-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think racing will just evolve with brushless class becoming more common, however I think brushed racing will not die out yet because there is a certain artistry involved in brushed racing.

This is the same reason why manual shift cars are still around despite the advant of auto cars.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the speedo "May" be compatible with the novak motors as well. After talking to the AE guys they weren't 100% sure, but said there was a good possibility it would work. And yes, it works with brushed and brushless motors. How slick is that!
Old 10-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

What kinda amps is this thing gonna put out for brushed motors?
Old 10-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Will the Reedy motor work with Novak ESC's as well???
VERY interesting
Old 10-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default Price?

I'm sure to compete it has to retail around $225.....any data on price?
Old 10-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

well there will be a brushless motor exhibition class at the Reedy Asia race in Thailand this december. Looks like we'll get to see it running.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

The following info was posted by Michael Gaul on the RCCA forums:

- the KV rating of the LRP/Reedy brushless system is 6.500rpm/volts. With this the performance is comparable to a 9-10 turns modified brushed motor
- the size of the LRP Sphere Brushless + Brushed speedo is inbetween the Quantum Competition 2 and the V7.1, so it is very small and no big heatsinks are required
- the LRP Sphere actually includes all the major settings of LRP's Quantum Competition 2 speed control, with different programs for punch control, initial brake and automatic brake, both for brushed and brushless use
- the motorlimit for brushed is: over 7 turns !
- the motorlimit for brushless is: over 5,5 turns (brushless motors is always half turns)
- the LRP Sphere also incudes a Sportsman mode with a limited rpm to 24.000, which is the same rpm as in the Novak sportsman mode. This way both speedos can be run together in a brushless sportsman class
- the LRP Sphere also has different programs for forward/brake and forward/reverse in both brushless and brushed
Old 10-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Tech Addict

Default I was just checking with Novak...

on the GTX thread asking them about brushless updates. I was suprized to read this! The novak system has treated me well. It did take Novak some R&D time to produce one. I can't imagine how AE did this in a combined brushed and brushless speedo. WOW! Small size and I don't see a power cap yet! Brushless is coming into it's time.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

i can tell you after running a 5800 in an xxx4 the past year+, my favorite feature is the "automatic brake". being able to dial in a bit of drag brake without fubar'ing the neutral point on the throttle is a welcome addition.

regarding this comment: "Will the Reedy motor work with Novak ESC's as well???" it looks to me like this is a sensored controller that has the same plug connection as the novak (part of the forthcomeing roar rules that require a specific sensor harness/plug). i'm wondering if the harness is hardwired on the motor(s) side.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Can somebody remove this thread for the meantime while I go sell my Novak BL?

Old 10-18-2004, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that the Reedy motor will work with the Novak ESC..
Old 10-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Tech Rookie

there is a speedo that you can use with brushed and brushless motors these is the Shulze u force 75 with pc plug
Old 10-18-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

I saw these things at the iHobby Expo in Chicago yesterday. Sound like the controller and motor will be sold separely, not at a system like Novak. It will likely be compatable with the Novak, as I assume the Reedy/LRP products will be built to ROAR brushless specs (which are based on the Novak system). I believe ROAR wants all controllers and motors used in the class to be compatible. With a retail of $329, I'm sure the controller alone will sell for $200+ street price, but it does have more features that the Novak. I believe I was told New Years as an estimated release date. Looks like some cool new toys for the brushless class!
Old 10-18-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

If I had 1 controller that could run both brushed and brushless I could get rid on the velcro in my car... I switch back and forth and got tired of peeling double sided tape...
Old 10-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Rookie

i've tested a brother of u force, future 12/97, with plettemberg motor, it was very fun and powerful like 9 turns nothing like novak
Attached Thumbnails LRP/ Reedy BRUSHLESS motor !!!!-kawbrushles1.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.