R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2004, 05:44 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
vtl1180ny's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wrong Island
Posts: 4,963
Default

Hmmm.... I still have a Point Blank stocker... NON rebuildable.... It runs my brush cutter....

Got a box of old 1200's....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 06:06 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
Jack Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,897
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Twister 11trpl was my wind for 2wd offroad in '92 and '93 and I think I made the A in 4whl at the NORRCA nats w/ 7-cell and a 13trpl. Man that was some serious horspower!!
__________________
Kyosho / Orion / Amain.com / Protek / MIP /
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 06:18 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic
 
Chill Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Dirty South
Posts: 804
Default

7 cell Mod was the Shhhhhh. and Twister motors.
Chill Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:22 AM   #19
Tech Regular
 
NightKidZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 394
Send a message via ICQ to NightKidZ
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
those cells are made by "INTELLECT". its widely used in HK for a while now. actually i have been up against it just last week. it had quite good punch and it looked like the power would last a lifetime. then SUDDENLY it dumped with around 2 laps to go. shockingly it was just a 19t race. rumour hassit that it was a bad pack cause some of the other racers didnt have this problem. will keep you posted as more testings occur.
Hmm Hong Kong.... could it possible that these batteries are made by GP in China, with a different shrink wrap like they did with Trinity and Yokomo?

If so, why hasn't GP released their 3600 batteries yet? Homologation for IFMAR would seem to be the major problem... if I were GP, I would release 3600 packs with 3300 wraps and no racer will complain

Cheers
NightKidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 03:06 AM   #20
Tech Elite
 
paulc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: APAC
Posts: 3,639
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I guess his pack went pfft. Joke on Tabs for that pack of his. Another team mate was using another set, his kit was indeed faster compared to his other matched packs.

Striker: what I heard from Tabs was that it even was cheaper than loose GP3300 cells.

Quote:
Originally posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
those cells are made by "INTELLECT". its widely used in HK for a while now. actually i have been up against it just last week. it had quite good punch and it looked like the power would last a lifetime. then SUDDENLY it dumped with around 2 laps to go. shockingly it was just a 19t race. rumour hassit that it was a bad pack cause some of the other racers didnt have this problem. will keep you posted as more testings occur.
paulc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 03:09 AM   #21
Tech Master
 
PizzaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parts Unkown
Posts: 1,044
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NightKidZ

If so, why hasn't GP released their 3600 batteries yet? Homologation for IFMAR would seem to be the major problem... if I were GP, I would release 3600 packs with 3300 wraps and no racer will complain

Cheers


What kind of cell do you think the GP3300 generation 3 is..............
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 04:51 AM   #22
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ridin my Harley
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PizzaDude
What kind of cell do you think the GP3300 generation 3 is..............
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 07:12 AM   #23
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Michigain
Posts: 8
Default

Hmm....interesting.
I have heard rumors about this cell.
Is anybody selling them yet ?

FYI
I just recieved my shipment of the new GP cells.
The gen 3 cells as some call them.

Runtime is way down on them but voltage is up. IR is down also by a bunch.

Jeff M
OTEC racing
JeffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 08:14 AM   #24
Tech Elite
 
Jon Williams's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,753
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

With the process we use we're actually not having any problem with runtimes. Our runtimes are generally still very high (420+) and voltages and IRs are excellent.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 08:17 AM   #25
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Michigain
Posts: 8
Default

Jon,
What kind of voltage & IR are you seeing on the new stuff ??
I am not seeing the 435-440 like before.

Jeff M
OTEC racing
JeffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 08:38 AM   #26
Tech Elite
 
Jon Williams's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,753
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Well, we're seeing a lot of 425-435 range cells with the average cell in the 1.175 range.

IRs are great: 2.5 on average

We're even seeing 2.2s.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 09:32 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic
 
S-T-R-l-K-E-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CS RACING / RIDDLER HOBBIES
Posts: 973
Send a message via ICQ to S-T-R-l-K-E-R
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by paulc
I guess his pack went pfft. Joke on Tabs for that pack of his. Another team mate was using another set, his kit was indeed faster compared to his other matched packs.

Striker: what I heard from Tabs was that it even was cheaper than loose GP3300 cells.

i was refering to jot's pack. you are right it costs much less than the gp3300. FYI soon to hit our LHS !!!!
S-T-R-l-K-E-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 09:40 AM   #28
Tech Elite
 
fatdoggy's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: MD USA
Posts: 3,642
Default

S-T-R-l-K-E-R - How much cheaper are you talking? You can get GP's cheap as chips now compared to the years past. Also any testing in a 1/12th?
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 09:47 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic
 
S-T-R-l-K-E-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CS RACING / RIDDLER HOBBIES
Posts: 973
Send a message via ICQ to S-T-R-l-K-E-R
Default

rumour has it that it should cost around $20-$25 per pack. take note price was based on the info passed on to me. im not that sure. it was just an est.
S-T-R-l-K-E-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 11:17 AM   #30
Tech Regular
 
NightKidZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 394
Send a message via ICQ to NightKidZ
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NightKidZ
Hmm Hong Kong.... could it possible that these batteries are made by GP in China, with a different shrink wrap like they did with Trinity and Yokomo?

If so, why hasn't GP released their 3600 batteries yet? Homologation for IFMAR would seem to be the major problem... if I were GP, I would release 3600 packs with 3300 wraps and no racer will complain

Cheers
Guys, I just found some more info about these Intellect cells from a Hong Kong Rc mag. They are NOT made by GP, but another OEM in China. The mag also did a comparo btw the current GP cell and the Intellect cell.... suffice to say that they had mixed results.

Cheers
NightKidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3300 and 3600 6 cell packs w/case Frank78 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 01-27-2008 10:52 AM
3600, 3800, or 4200 4 cell saddle pack MrZero R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 12-03-2007 10:32 PM
Intellect 3600 4 & 6-Cell Packs RC Professor Web Links 0 04-10-2005 08:16 PM
ib 3600 cell how do you handle them hailmick Australian Racing 11 03-29-2005 08:04 PM
Trinity Sanyo 3600 6-cell Pack Tornado_Racing R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 07-08-2004 09:23 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:46 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net