R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default 17.5 BL Motor Specs

Wish I could find more info on these motors. This is what I have so far. Post up if you know the specs for any of the listed motors or other 17.5 motors.
Attached Thumbnails
17.5 BL Motor Specs-motor-spec.jpg  
KBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Default 13.5

Hi, do you have anything on 13.5 bl motors?
elery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

Havent done a list for 13.5 yet. Was hoping to get some input on the missing fields of the 17.5 list first.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

WOW! 168 views and 1 post about a 13.5.

How do I delete threads?
Old 07-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Please don't delete the thread. I can't offer any help as I'm just getting back into rc and brushless motors are new to me. The info is helpful.
rcgerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

Thank you. I was begining to think it was useless, but if it helps anyone at all then it is worth posting.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Too bad you don't have any info on the TP Z3R-S. I'm running that motor, and all I know is that it has a lot to give.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #8
Tech Initiate

Ive searched every motor on that list, and what I have found is on the list, and its not much. I wish manufacturers would give more info with a motor. Maybe the info is supplied with instructions with the motors. I dont know?
Thats why I was hopping others who have bought any of these motors would be able to fill in the blanks.

Some of those motors are over 100 bucks. Personally, I wont put out a dime for a motor unless I know at least what turn and kv it is at a minimum.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

i think this is very helpfull...give ppl a choice & something to compare to....i would like to see the reedy sonic 17.5 motor specs
& the DTX 17.5 MOTOR
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBorg View Post
Ive searched every motor on that list, and what I have found is on the list, and its not much. I wish manufacturers would give more info with a motor. Maybe the info is supplied with instructions with the motors. I dont know?
Thats why I was hopping others who have bought any of these motors would be able to fill in the blanks.

Some of those motors are over 100 bucks. Personally, I wont put out a dime for a motor unless I know at least what turn and kv it is at a minimum.

Good call for someone that seems to know alot..... Mate have a think thats why there are governing bodies to approve these motors and everything we use...
There is no reason to sell a motor or anything with all the specs as they give you what you need to know to use it.... Thats there business so thats their edge over there competition.... Dont whinge.

I am guessing you dont even race you just bash around a backyard and want the numbers to be better than your mates yeah ???
Old 07-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #11
Tech Initiate

Yeah we all know that governing bodies around the world are always right and know everything huh?

Why have a thought for myself when someone else can do it for me.

I am beginning to race, and want to know what im getting for the money I spend. As you can see in the list of motors kv ratings range from 1900-2700. Maybe more without having the specs for all the motors.

Depending on track size, weight of car, gearing, and Im sure more. The kv ratings could be the differance between 1st, and going home to order more parts. May not make me better than my mates. It will make me more informed.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #12
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I tried to do the same thing years ago and found manufactures numbers don't mean much. If you really want to pick an all around good motor find out what the fast locals are using.

From what i've seen at big races for 17.5 classes these are the top 4 motors, for proof check out this website www.rcprogear.com

- Epic DUO3 (could be aliased under numerous hobby shop names as there the biggest OEM motor on the market today) easy to adjust timing.

- Novak Ballistic, great motor, easy to adjust timing.

- Speedpassion V3, for no-timing class you will need the 10 or 20deg sensor board option as the stock motor does not provide enough adjustment.

- LRP X12, need to replace insert to adjust timing.

Of these motors I think the DUO3 is the lowest cost and a great motor. Prior to the DUO3, there was the DUO2 which was very inconsistent you could get a good or a really bad one, before that and probably the best BL motor made was the DUO1 unfortunately you can't buy this motor anymore. Luckily EPIC found the formula again with the DUO3.

So don't get stuck on this spec junk it really does not help.
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #13
Tech Master

KBorg, don't get hung up on the kV, it's only one parameter, and not a particularly useful one. Power output is more useful, as it's a baseline for how much current the motor can pull, and therefore how much you can gear up.
But, as others have said, these figures are often "economised", and not great on their own. THe two best ways of getting the best performer is to either buy them and try them (most expensive way), or talk to the fast guys at the club as they have probably already done that (smartest way).

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #14
Tech Apprentice

Default 17.5

I don't mind helping you on the 17.5 motors. I'll pm you if i find anything.
elery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #15
Tech Regular

the hobbywing xerun 17.5 is rated at 1900kv
Hatebreed is offline   Reply With Quote