Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Belt or shaft

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2002, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

TRF414M:

The local distributor only brings in Geniue Tamiya Parts. so a lot of parts that Tamiya did not produce but other brands produce ar not available here unless u ordered them through internet but it cost a bomb.....

When my TB01 plastic damper stay cracked, i tried to look for carbon one but they are not available by tamiya. only some brands carried it in US but if i buy it in, will cost abt $70 for 2 due to shipping charge unless i dind a lot of ppl to share the cost...

ask Tamiya Japan before why not such option parts. they do give me a reply that i am not satisfied with. anyway, forget it.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

i believe spare parts for the 414m should still b relatively easy 2 get as it shares some the parts with the 04 series cars...

as 4 the evo2,pretty sure that it's parts is not the same as the tb01 cars cos from the tamiya website,u will notice tat most of the parts for tb evo2 is "new" as in the size and dimensions...

go to tai sing and take a look at the spare parts available,then u will have a gd idea of the parts available...
Old 05-26-2002, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

ijnek:

been to Taising and i think only certain TGR parts can be used on the Evo2 chassis. as for the alumnium parts, there is nothing available.

Just wondering if the steering set that comes with evo2, is it in alumnium?? if not, can TB01/TG10 alumnium steering set be used??

Thanx
Old 05-26-2002, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

why not a good TAO4 with the woven chassis and a one way? i bet you could find a goos used one, and they are still a great car.
Old 05-26-2002, 09:39 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by IceBerG71
ijnek:

been to Taising and i think only certain TGR parts can be used on the Evo2 chassis. as for the alumnium parts, there is nothing available.

Just wondering if the steering set that comes with evo2, is it in alumnium?? if not, can TB01/TG10 alumnium steering set be used??

Thanx
Evo II comes with plastic steering arms...but you can "modify" a set of TG10 alloy arms to fit!
Old 05-28-2002, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

dtm:

How u modify them??? u drill the hole on the chassis??

shrekair:

i agree that TA04R is a good car and with some hop up, will be a really a car worth of money......and support parts are easy to get too.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:56 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by IceBerG71
dtm:

How u modify them??? u drill the hole on the chassis??

shrekair:

i agree that TA04R is a good car and with some hop up, will be a really a car worth of money......and support parts are easy to get too.
I haven't done it myself...I'm waiting for the real one!! Looking at the Evo thread...I think you just need quite a few spacers to shim the ball ends so it clears the front gearbox! It seems logical because the middle turnbuckle has to sit quite low..........
Old 05-28-2002, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

ya,u can share some of the parts of the tg series cars with the evo2,not sure tgr or tg10,but i believe it's the 1/10 scale car...

the 04r will b worth ur every bit of money,...