R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-22-2002, 09:29 AM   #46
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Geetoo

Im sure Evos are also highly competitive like the TC3. But why do you think they keep it of the track?
Coz its limited Edition i guess, and some parts for it is quite unsupported....i usually feel a bit scared to break somthing when i run me evo....

Just a thought....i wonder if there would be a new drive system in the future .....always shaft or belt....shaft or belt..... how about jet powered....haha....
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 10:37 AM   #47
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

First generation HPI RS4 was belt driven up front and gear driven at the back!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 10:30 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Geetoo Send a message via Yahoo to Geetoo

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilfred
Geetoo: Tnx for the track photo, I now remember that that was tha track which was under contruction the last time i was joining the futaba cup. I think the tamiya TCS this July will use the track, i'm still not sure if I can go this july, but my club will be competing there. Did you join TCS? what category?
Yes that was the track during futaba cup 2001. I guess you are from Davao. I actually run TAC races here. Hope to see you this July.
www.team-durango.com
www.actionhobbiesonline.net
Geetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 11:29 PM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Oy Geetoo! huwag ka mag kalat ng lagim mo dito!!
Old 05-23-2002, 01:48 AM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

geetoo : wag mo tsakpawin mga tao dito.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:35 AM   #51
Tech Adept

ijnek:

The 414M and M2 are also limited edition car as i know except the parts are mostly TA04 which are widely available. as all the aluminium parts, they are not commonly found in TA04 except some.

For TB Evo, most of the non- alumnium parts can be obtainable. as u said the carbon chassis are not. these also apply to 414M and 414M2 also rite. i dun think the chassis will break unless someone step on it but i think it can be obtained by ordering from Tamiya Japan with its part number.

To what i know. correct me if i am wrong.
IceBerG71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 03:29 AM   #52
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon

Coz its limited Edition i guess, and some parts for it is quite unsupported....i usually feel a bit scared to break somthing when i run me evo.....
Yeah I agree with you. With our dealer 414m and evo2 both lack parts. I both treat them like a limited version. It is also quite hard to get 414m parts in my place....heck what difference does it make? hehe
www.team-durango.com
Old 05-23-2002, 05:35 AM   #53
Tech Adept

GeeToo:

The difference with limited edition car is a heftfy price tag.....if only these 2 cars are not LE.

Old 05-23-2002, 07:22 PM   #54
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

why these certain cars? i love my losi xxx-s, cheap, easy to get parts for, easy to adjust or hop-up. my .25
shrekair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 07:29 PM   #55
Tech Regular

Shrekair: I think it's cos the losi (and the tc3) are harder to come by in Asia... Tamiyas are very popular in Singapore and generally alot cheaper than they are in the US.
jwwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 08:12 PM   #56
Tech Adept

shrekair:

i only want to get these certain cars is because only Tamiya kits approved for Tamiya race. so can only buy Tamiya cars and i can also use it for open race. Although i know there are better cars around but i can't afford to have so many cars.

As what jwwu had said, Tamiya parts are more available in Singapore. Almost all the RC shop will sell parts for Tamiya cos it is more common.

Anyway, i thanx everyone for the advice and tips given.
Old 05-23-2002, 09:05 PM   #57
Tech Adept

414M2 and EVO2 prices is not as high as TRF414. If I remember correctly, 414M2 and EVO2 is a lot cheaper than TRF414. For 414M2, you can try to get the red box version which is the European version instead of the black box version (Japanese). This is because black box version come with a lot of option parts that the European doesn't have, like the blue lightweight aluminium shaft, durlin ballhead, and the hex driver and Lunsford style wrench, Protoform Body along with RI Spoiler, Sorex Tires, and insert... With all of these parts, 414M2 is still cost cheaper than TRF414. Most of the parts can be order, this is depends on the distributors other than Tamiya themselves. I think most of the time it is depends on the distributors rather than the factory.
TRF414M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 10:42 PM   #58
Tech Master

Im sure the black box Japanese version will cost you an arm and a leg. I heard TRF will come out with a Surikarn version of the 414m. Wow just like the TA03 of David Jun. Cant for that!!!!
www.team-durango.com
Old 05-25-2002, 12:35 AM   #59
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to ijnek

Quote:
Originally posted by IceBerG71
ijnek:

The 414M and M2 are also limited edition car as i know except the parts are mostly TA04 which are widely available. as all the aluminium parts, they are not commonly found in TA04 except some.

For TB Evo, most of the non- alumnium parts can be obtainable. as u said the carbon chassis are not. these also apply to 414M and 414M2 also rite. i dun think the chassis will break unless someone step on it but i think it can be obtained by ordering from Tamiya Japan with its part number.

To what i know. correct me if i am wrong.
yap,most of the aluminium parts on the 414 cannot be bought as spare parts for the ta04.the motor brace and the front and rear gearbox is cool,but unable to get it...

as to what i know,lots of the parts for the tb evo2 is "new",basically the size and thickness etc,so do not know whether it's possible to get them.anyway,yet 2 c them in s'pore tai sing.

chassis wun break,but will weaken in the long run with all the crashes and scratches,...who knows,it jus take 1 major accident...well,better b careful than sorry...still 2 mi,i always check out availability of spare parts 2 fully enjoy my car.

i'm running the 04r now...pretty happy with it.jus a question in my mind...do any of u oil the bearings?and do rubber-sealed bearings need 2 b oil???
ijnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 07:40 AM   #60
Tech Adept

ijnek:

Quoted from U: "To fully enjoy the car, must know the availablity of the spare parts.'

So u are saying that the limited edition cars like evo2 and 414m2 once owed, can't fully enjoy it due to some parts are not easily available as spare parts??

Correct me if i am wrong.

I do oil my bearing before a race to make it smoother in running. also it acts as lubricant but do not oil too much as the oil will flow out and will cause other parts to be lossen.... i learnt my lesson in race.