R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-03-2011, 05:08 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey there seanzky, another car you could look into is the Ofna jl10e. The sakura looks to be a very good car and it sounds like you will be running on relatively clean surfaces but just to make sure you know you have options. I've had the jl10 for a while and its the first awd shaft car ive had. I was racing with some buddies of mine with an old HPI rally (awd belt) set up as a touring car but we raced mostly on parking lots and finding diff pulleys for my gear diffs became impossible so i looked into a shaft car and found the ofna. Others i raced with switched from sprint 2's rather quickly due to problems with chassis flex when taking turns too fast (easy to do with grippy hpi belted x-pattern tires + 2s lipo + mamba 5700kv power). while they knew getting rid of the chassis flex was simple to do with buying a carbon fiber chassis set, they decided to go other routes. anywho, i've been very happy with the ofna and it is a tough car.

fyi the slightly wider stance on the ofna (200mm) could also aid in the stability department should you choose to run fast esc/motor combos. of course if you go with the sakura zero s id make sure to get some offset wheels to make it wider as well.

cheers and welcome back into the hobby!
meno1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastc View Post
Dont forget the "S"
Lol. It's not hard to remember with the price difference.

I bought one yesterday. Now I have to go through the torture of waiting for it. But thank you. You guys really chose the right chassis for me.
Seanzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:08 AM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno1103 View Post
Hey there seanzky, another car you could look into is the Ofna jl10e. The sakura looks to be a very good car and it sounds like you will be running on relatively clean surfaces but just to make sure you know you have options. I've had the jl10 for a while and its the first awd shaft car ive had. I was racing with some buddies of mine with an old HPI rally (awd belt) set up as a touring car but we raced mostly on parking lots and finding diff pulleys for my gear diffs became impossible so i looked into a shaft car and found the ofna. Others i raced with switched from sprint 2's rather quickly due to problems with chassis flex when taking turns too fast (easy to do with grippy hpi belted x-pattern tires + 2s lipo + mamba 5700kv power). while they knew getting rid of the chassis flex was simple to do with buying a carbon fiber chassis set, they decided to go other routes. anywho, i've been very happy with the ofna and it is a tough car.

fyi the slightly wider stance on the ofna (200mm) could also aid in the stability department should you choose to run fast esc/motor combos. of course if you go with the sakura zero s id make sure to get some offset wheels to make it wider as well.

cheers and welcome back into the hobby!
Thanks for the welcome and the advice. When I bought the Sakura Zero S yesterday, this hadn't been posted yet. I hope I didn't make the wrong choice. I've been YouTube'ing Sakura Zero S and the build reminds me of my one of my old Traxxas kits. I'm really looking into building a car with my own hands once again.

I'll be following the technical builds from these PDFs: http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/3rac...akuraZero.html
Old 07-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

before you build it have a look at the sakura zero s thread, it shows there is a mistake in the manual (not sure if its in the pdf) there is a couple screws that go in the bottom of the chassis the lengths are mixed up
Xray T3
AE Sc10.2 AE SCB
ozzy-crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl View Post
before you build it have a look at the sakura zero s thread, it shows there is a mistake in the manual (not sure if its in the pdf) there is a couple screws that go in the bottom of the chassis the lengths are mixed up
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out. I wish I was closer to HK right now. Lol. I'm so impatient.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

How about the TT01ES roller kit? It's around $100, cheap to get into a TC and spec class.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Seanzky;9347121]Thanks for the welcome and the advice. When I bought the Sakura Zero S yesterday, this hadn't been posted yet. I hope I didn't make the wrong choice. I've been YouTube'ing Sakura Zero S and the build reminds me of my one of my old Traxxas kits. I'm really looking into building a car with my own hands once again.

I'll be following the technical builds from these PDFs: [

Good find, setup sheets are always helpful. I'm sure the sakura will do great, and if I had been racing on cleaner surfaces I bet I'd have one of my own. The diff pulleys on these new belt cars are alot better than the old ones like my HPI Rally (bigger diameter and more contact area for belt), I was stripping out the plastic pulleys too fast but then again a 10x1 brushed D6 that I kept trued and tuned made more power than a 5700kv mamba. My main reason for going with shaft driven is the sandy/pebble-y parking lots we race at.

The sakura certainly looks neater than the Ofna

Just don't pull your hair out while waiting, and I'm sure you'll do well with the Sakura
meno1103 is offline   Reply With Quote