Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The future of RC? - New Radio Technology >

The future of RC? - New Radio Technology

The future of RC? - New Radio Technology

Old 12-03-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

vt read more than just the home page thay both will be doing the same thing one looks much cheaper and will work witht he radioes we all love

Real-Time Telemetry
If the prospect of never again having to buy crystals, monitor frequencies or deal with troublesome RF glitches still isn’t enough, consider this. Built into every DSM transceiver is the ability to send data back to the user via the same digital RF link used to control the car. With the soon-to-be-released Spektrum Telemetry Module and data display you will be able to monitor engine temperature, speed, rpm, signal strength and more, real-time. You’ll even be able to record the data and review it later on your PC.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by WVRACER
vt read more than just the home page thay both will be doing the same thing one looks much cheaper and will work witht he radioes we all love

Real-Time Telemetry
If the prospect of never again having to buy crystals, monitor frequencies or deal with troublesome RF glitches still isn’t enough, consider this. Built into every DSM transceiver is the ability to send data back to the user via the same digital RF link used to control the car. With the soon-to-be-released Spektrum Telemetry Module and data display you will be able to monitor engine temperature, speed, rpm, signal strength and more, real-time. You’ll even be able to record the data and review it later on your PC.
No, they are not... Spektrum is making a module to make our existing radio's work on a band they weren't designed to... Our radio's are not tranciever capable either...

The Nomadio is a radio that was designed from the start to be a Transciever and work on the 2.4ghz band...

I'd suggest reading more... Can you plug your M8 or 3PK into the USB port on your computer and upgrade the firmware??? The Nomadio 's OS is upgradeable.... The telemetry is built into the radio, not some thing you have to put on top of an already heavy radio....

I like my 3PK, don't get me wrong... But it's limited in what it can do and without sending it in to be reprogrammed I can't change a thing.....
Old 12-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Come on!

If this takes of (i'm sure it will) how long do think it will take the big brands like Futaba, KOpropo & Sanwa/Airtronics to come up with their own version that can do all that and more?
I give them a year at most. And even then before we can do anything with the info don't our esc's have to change so we can get al that info of of our cars?
Old 12-03-2004, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well, I think they will stall for as long as they can to get rid of their 75 and 27 mhz crystals and modules....

I don't know what you guys think, but the nomadio radio looks horrible!
Old 12-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

"Come on!

If this takes of (i'm sure it will) how long do think it will take the big brands like Futaba, KOpropo & Sanwa/Airtronics to come up with their own version that can do all that and more?
I give them a year at most."

The Spektrum rep at the Chicago hobby show said they have been working on this 5-6 years. We shall see how long it takes the radio manufacturers to catch up.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by 071crazy
Well, I think they will stall for as long as they can to get rid of their 75 and 27 mhz crystals and modules....

I don't know what you guys think, but the nomadio radio looks horrible!
And the 3PK and M8 among other's are works of art??? I care how well it works, not how it looks....
Old 12-03-2004, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by robk

The Spektrum rep at the Chicago hobby show said they have been working on this 5-6 years. We shall see how long it takes the radio manufacturers to catch up.
We have used this type of system in our KONDO robots for Robo-One competition in Asia. The problem that we had was that there are too many things and people on 2.4GHz. The robots would freeze "fail safe" until the congestion would free up.

We are curious on how reliable this system will be. Many manufactures do have this at their disposal. This is nothing new.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

i think in 10 years, computers will be the size of houses. And only the extremely wealthy will be able to afford them.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

lol
Old 12-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
We have used this type of system in our KONDO robots for Robo-One competition in Asia. The problem that we had was that there are too many things and people on 2.4GHz. The robots would freeze "fail safe" until the congestion would free up.

We are curious on how reliable this system will be. Many manufactures do have this at their disposal. This is nothing new.
It's going to depend upon how much bandwidth the FCC allocates the RC industry to use.... If it's just a small part of the band, lets say enough for 80 transmissions, 99% of us will never have a probelm....

None of us here know where the frequency allocation is in the 2.4ghz band... Let's face the facts here, there's a ton of unused frequencies out there.... the problem with phone's, LAN's and such is they are all trying to share the same exact frequencies.... Take a loot at your wireless card setup, there's 11 frequencies, that's it.... I have 3 computers in my house all using that one frequency very happily together...
Old 12-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

This doesn't look that ugly....

Old 12-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Does to me...But, I was an art major...he, he...
Old 12-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
You're right, it's not that ugly, that thing is really ugly. Looks like a children's toy. What's with all the BIG symbols? Are you sure Nomadio isn't a division of Playschool

- jaybee
Old 12-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
This doesn't look that ugly....

looks like a mini server..and one up for some enemy territory while waiting for the main to start on the drivers stand......thats got more switchs and dials then my a/c unit in my car..now thats sad
Old 12-05-2004, 06:10 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

This thing Basically uses cell phone technology, Correct?

well how many people out there think there cell phone works really good, in comparison to your 2.4 gig house phone.

Not sure if thats a good comparison, but what happens when you winning your main and you drop the call?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.