R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-16-2005, 05:16 PM   #181
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow... I wish these same anonymous pros would let other people know these things. If there are problems with the Spektrum units and it's common knowledge in the highest levels of the racing community, but mere rumour at the club racing level... a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

I've got Spektrums on order, like a lot of people right now, but I don't know that I can trust that it will be all that it was advertised to be.
Bob Nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:25 PM   #182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's called F.U.D.

Fear

Uncertainty

Doubt.

Rumors started to hamper sales of a new and revolutionary product. By who....Who knows...however, as evidenced by here, rumors spread very quickly on the internet. Also telling is that none of the supposed "pros" names are being released.

Brian Kinwald has been running Spektrum since it's prototype stages and he among MANY others sing nothing but it's praises.

Don't let yourselves be sucked into someone's or some companies rumor mill.

Look, does ANYONE really think that a new product such as Spektrum would be released without making it at least the SAME or BETTER than what we've got now?!?!

Futhermore if it was "slower" don't you think that it wouldn't even be released?

Old women gossiping...thats all this is.

-Me

Last edited by Soviet; 02-16-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:30 PM   #183
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:35 PM   #184
Tech Regular

While it's possible that there's an worldwide anti-Spektrum conspiracy... with operatives at the highest levels of government and industry...it's also quite possible that they're still having trouble getting the spektrum systems to work as advertised.

There are people in the snowbirds thread that claim that the spektrum stuff wasn't widely used at the snowbirds due to responsiveness issues.

Does anyone have any pictures of any cars from the 'birds with spektrum modules in 'em? How about a picture of the Kinwald car?
Bob Nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:49 PM   #185
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I won't name the sponsored driver's names so that they won't get into trouble. Yes, I was there. And yes.. I was standing right in front of the pro who was telling this to another guy to take it out of his car.

I still plan on getting the unit. But I think it's only fair to report any special findings on something rather than trying to hide it from the public. After all, if I only raced carpet under the conditions like the 'Birds... I'd be royally pissed with the system and it's delayed response. Especially when I'm used to HRS mode on my 3PK.

But with time... we'll see how things pan out.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:12 PM   #186
Tech Addict

i am prefacing this by saying it's not intended to be negative, it just kind of sounds that way by the type of question.

does anyone have any actual PROOF that the system lags indoors (carpet/florescent lighting/etc)?

the advertised stats put the latency as faster than anything else on the market. be it faster or slower, i have trouble buying into anyone who says they can feel 2-3ms. it just isn't happening.
gee-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:27 PM   #187
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I tested mine this weekend on a large open outdoor track with no problems. I have a close friend who tried his at Socal, a tight indoor track, who said he had to take his out because of a lag in response.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:28 PM   #188
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Nilsen
Does anyone have any pictures of any cars from the 'birds with spektrum modules in 'em? How about a picture of the Kinwald car?
There aren't any. BK didn't run the Spektrum. I spoke to him and he had just gotten the new unit the day before he left for the Birds. He said he didn't want to change something without testing and end up chasing bugs all weekend. Pretty smart thinking if you ask me.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:17 AM   #189
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i installed mine today as for lag, there was none if anything it was faster.
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 06:36 PM   #190
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the unit on a 1/12 scale mod car with a receiver pack? If so did anyone have a problem with the unit shutting off, I seem to be having a problem with the car not responding after about a 30 to 40 seconds of practice. Could it be a voltage problem?
Old 02-20-2005, 07:43 PM   #191
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by ira
Has anyone tried the unit on a 1/12 scale mod car with a receiver pack? If so did anyone have a problem with the unit shutting off, I seem to be having a problem with the car not responding after about a 30 to 40 seconds of practice. Could it be a voltage problem?
possibly, I know if I continue to run my B4 buggy (6 cells) after the battery dump. the control will start to get unpredictable.
Jasonchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 10:53 PM   #192
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to allrc
Default Spektrum Confusion

Once again, This past weekend I ran my Xray in Stock TC Rubber in Salem, OR at RC PLus, a tight indoor carpet track with lots of neon fixtures. Absolutely no problem with the Spektrum! I then tested today at my local track, WestCoast Hobbies in Richland, WA., another indoor carpet track. The unit performed flawlessly! For now, I'm sold on it.
allrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 06:12 AM   #193
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys,

im from Germany and i ordered my System for Sanwa M8 beginning of Jan 05 by Sheldon Hobbies, first they said its on stock, after several mails, they said, we shipped beginning of Feb 05. They already charged my creditcard but nothing happens

Until now, i sit and wait but nothing happens, i looked at several online stores in the US, but always the same.

Out of stock everywhere.

Perhaps you can help me, do you know any store who this on stock and is able to ship to Germany.

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english skill !!

Michael
Mike Spies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 08:58 AM   #194
Tech Adept

Hello Mike,

I'm from Belgium and have placed a pre-order for the Spektrum units with KT hobbies. But this is for the Futaba units which are not yet available anywhere.

I checked the other store where I know they sell your Sanwa unit (stormerhobbies) and shop internationally but they are not in stock.

The only other store I know is Sheldons but you already tried that.

Ciao,
S
Spillertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:23 AM   #195
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

I ordered mine strait from Horizon on December 5th 2004, for the Helios. It is being shipped Monday unless it snuck on a truck late yesterday. The reason people are not being able to get them is the lack of for-thought. Horizon is having these made for them and had to find a way to try to get all the different types i.e. M-8 3PK, Helios out near the same time and try to keep up with customer demand....Let us just say. This is probably the most substantial RC breakthrough item ever to hit the shelves. I saw that these were coming out and put in my Back-Order before even Hobby Shops as to make sure I would get mine first. Heck my hobby shop has to wait for Horizon California to get theres before they can even order them. I am getting mine direct from Horizon Indiana. You should try buying direct.
-Stephen <><
my two pennies
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote