Like Tree1Likes

GT8 Lite

Old 04-28-2014, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes, I cannot agree with that....I have both. Cobra GT (nitro)....which is my race unit. And have the Speed power E801GT 4S with 2750kv, then my long going project Slash 4x4/Rally converted running a Speed Passion Reventon PRO V1.1 with boost/turbo and 5700kv SCT Blaze sensored motor....the GT8 Light is as fast and handle just as good as the heaviler GT8. Only different is the run time.....I was running 6800mah Speed Power lipo...and it is pushing 8 minutes run time. A lot of those GT8 race are at least 10 minutes long...which a 2 cells might not be able to last.

However, the full scale GT8 even with 4S, is just barely over 10 minutes for full track racing. Running 6200mah x 2.

I honestly like my GT8 light setup better...car is lighter and it seems to turn better then the E801GT. However, the 4S powered 2750kv does have a PUNCH over the 5700kv 2S....

Once our track is getting warmer I will do a side by side comparison by racing the GT8 light against my GT8.....using a 8 minutes as a setup.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Good to know Grimmjow and Solara... I still plan on getting a real on road 1/8 car one day, but for now will bash my GT8.

Additionally I can't see a GTP2e being a great off road car either. Shock towers, longer shocks and a Rally body does not make a off road car, there is more to it like design durability, sealed systems to prevent rocks and water... etc. In this case I think the off road car would make a better on road, than a On road would make an off
Old 05-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Well, I have this Slash 4x4 (originally) converted to the Rally version, added the original STRC wheel adaptor, added the Proline ProTrac arms, Sweep 45 threaded tires and $20 XO1 shocks from Ebay....Speed Passion Reventon PRO 1.1 with Speed Passion 5700kv SCT 4x4 motor gear at 16/48.............and I think this is one the most fun to drive vehicle that I have drove. about 6 of the local guy test drove it and they all agree.........too bad it was super windy and rain, or I will turn up the boost and taller gear with slick tires and run this sucker HARD. But this car definitely is as fast as the true 1/8th GT, Electric or Nitro.....

Only down side is run time.....5800mah last me about 6.5 minutes. I think 7000mah will last about 8 minutes. I wish I can do 10 minutes....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nice video, what was the other car you where running with? The car looks nice and scale with out the insane hyperspeed of modified cars.

That was a 2s system?
Old 05-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

that's a nice track and cool driving :thumbup: Me and ViperZ would like to try our GT8 lite on that track lol.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ViperZ
Nice video, what was the other car you where running with? The car looks nice and scale with out the insane hyperspeed of modified cars.

That was a 2s system?
That is a USVTA car....basicly, it is a class that use only NOVAK 25.5. motor, and prefer to use any 4WD that is at least 1 generation old or older. Prefer not to use $500+ high end current TC kit....it is one of the most popular class in US that use classic VTA bodies. My car was a 2 generation old $50 Schumacher Mi3.5....it is a class that is totally racing SKILL and setup. It is very slow on this size of the track but when racing 12-15 of them at once, it is super FUN.

Yes, my GT8 was a 2S powered Slash...but I do use boost/turbo on a Speed Passion 5700kv SCT 2 poles motor.

Originally Posted by humayraykinaon
that's a nice track and cool driving :thumbup: Me and ViperZ would like to try our GT8 lite on that track lol.
yes it is...we will have our annual Byron World Challenge here, it is a 1/8th dedicated track...perfect for 1/8th and still good for 1/10th. HIGH speed for sure...GT racing at this track (nitro right now) is huge...I am trying to promote electric GT8 and GT8-LT
Old 05-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara

we will have our annual Byron World Challenge here, it is a 1/8th dedicated track...perfect for 1/8th and still good for 1/10th. HIGH speed for sure...GT racing at this track (nitro right now) is huge...I am trying to promote electric GT8 and GT8-LT
Good to hear, Scott must be loving that, huh?
How's ol "Bubba Cola" doing over there?
Old 03-19-2015, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Can a losi 1/10 rally work as a GT8lite?
Old 03-20-2015, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Found a track near Brownsville Tx that races GT8 cars, so I started playing with my GT8 lite car again. Eventually I bought a OFNA Hyper GT chassis and was running it 2s with a 4600 KV 4 pole motor from my SCT410. I was pretty much as fast as the 4s cars but even with great batteries the car would only be good for the qualifiers, the mains were just too long for my batteries. So I pulled the motor and 4s battery out of my buggy and I'm running 4S just so I can make the long main.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

John,
Glad to hear you are dusting off the GT8. I'm doing the same I haven't messed with it in a few years. I'm going to throw a 2650 Castle in and play around with 3S / 4S and see what comes of it.

If you are ever around Houston. Come out and check out the track.
Gulf Coast Raceway

[IMG][/IMG]

Does anyone have any experience with a GT8 Lite and a Castle 2650KV motor for track gearing for 3S and 4S?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2015, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Darnall
John,
Glad to hear you are dusting off the GT8. I'm doing the same I haven't messed with it in a few years. I'm going to throw a 2650 Castle in and play around with 3S / 4S and see what comes of it.

If you are ever around Houston. Come out and check out the track.
Gulf Coast Raceway

[IMG][/IMG]

Does anyone have any experience with a GT8 Lite and a Castle 2650KV motor for track gearing for 3S and 4S?

Thanks
That track looks great I may just have to come over and try it out. Do they also do VTA and/or USGT? Also I have a motorhome I use as my mobile pits, is there a place I can park it? BTW does Soap race there? He usually races at RSD, but with that track close by I cannot imagine he hasn't been there, if for no other reason that to get ready for the EOS races in Austin and San Antonio.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
That track looks great I may just have to come over and try it out. Do they also do VTA and/or USGT? Also I have a motorhome I use as my mobile pits, is there a place I can park it? BTW does Soap race there? He usually races at RSD, but with that track close by I cannot imagine he hasn't been there, if for no other reason that to get ready for the EOS races in Austin and San Antonio.
I've been away from the on road for almost 2 years so not sure who all is out there. I know RSD has a great crowd although I have yet to make it out there. Looking forward to making at least one of the EOS races this year. I'm sure your buddy if he is around here takes advantage of this great facility. The reason I got the on-road cars is because as an avid RC hobbiest I felt guilty having such a great facility and not supporting / taking advantage of it.

Yes last time I was out they were racing VTA, USGT, as well as pretty much everything else including motorcycles.

Yes they have RV Hook ups as well.

If they have enough interest they have a few evening races which were a blast.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation

I've been away from the on road for almost 2 years so not sure who all is out there. I know RSD has a great crowd although I have yet to make it out there. Looking forward to making at least one of the EOS races this year. I'm sure your buddy if he is around here takes advantage of this great facility. The reason I got the on-road cars is because as an avid RC hobbiest I felt guilty having such a great facility and not supporting / taking advantage of it.

Yes last time I was out they were racing VTA, USGT, as well as pretty much everything else including motorcycles.

Eos is RSD this weekend.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

EOS is at RSD this weekend. Go check it out. Ps say hi to Soap!
Old 03-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Schs2013
Can a losi 1/10 rally work as a GT8lite?
Anyone have tips For set up? I will be fitting a T8 2250kv gen1
With gearing of 40/16 2-4s for now use up stock wheels and tires.
The stock losi rally x body will have to work for now.
Or a sct on road setup. Asphalt racing during summer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.