R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-12-2004, 11:02 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default what speed control?

I had a novak atom that i used to much so now i need to get a new speed control. Im not sure what i should get and money is no problem for me so if any one could suggest the best one for me that would be great. and also what stock motor do u think i should use with it. (hpi rs4)
alaska_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:26 PM   #2
Tech Regular

I bought a lrp quantum competition 2 and it has been nothing but trouble for me....I had to send it back twice already for replacement. The sucker just keeps blowing up on me, with a stock motor!
Anyhow, I don't think I would reccomend that one. I Think your best bet right now would be the novak gtx. Novak has probably one of the best reputations in the industry and they have the best customer service that I had to deal with. I would either reccomend them or the keyence speed controls.
As far as stock motors go....I would go with the team orion core stock. It is dyno tuned and the one I got is so much faster than my trinity motors. I am real pleased with it.
jackfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:15 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You really can't go wrong with a keyence speedcontrol...A little expensive but, you mentioned money isn't a big concern......there's really no limit to it's adjustability.....pretty easy to program also.......they also have a forum on here to answer questions and get set-up help.....as far as stock motors go......the monster (from pretty much anyone)will be the best in most situations......there will also be a new stock motor from trinity out very soon (just weeks I hear) that supposedly has the high rpm of the monster, and more torque like the p2k2's have......if thats true......It will be the best choice

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:56 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

If you're willing to go a little exotic, then you might like the "Mtorniks Cirrus." As for a motor.... an MHP or Core would be your best bet until the new motor debutes.

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:09 AM   #5
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

The new Ko Propo looks promising and with all Ko stuff I am sure it will be top notch. Now in reply to Quantom Comp 2, I have the same problem with Novak not the quantom. I have ran my quantom now fo rfour months strait and has never once given me a problem. ESC have one problem in common(they are electronics and can break without warning) hence you can get great product and you can get garbage. I still love novak mainly because they support there product, but I still LOVE my QC2 from LRP.
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 04:12 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

how much is the keyence and how much do u think the new trinity motor will be. i had a binary stock and it wasnt running right so i took it out then i got some peice of shit and that sucked but i need a really good set up.
alaska_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 04:16 PM   #7
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Re: what speed control?

Quote:
Originally posted by alaska_racer
I had a novak atom that i used to much so now i need to get a new speed control. Im not sure what i should get and money is no problem for me so if any one could suggest the best one for me that would be great. and also what stock motor do u think i should use with it. (hpi rs4)
I would suggest you take a look at the Schulze U-force 75 controller as it works for both brushed and brushless motors. Good stock motors are Epic Roar stock and Monsters.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:29 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Alaska_racer.....The top of the line keyence (rapida) is around 190ish , pretty high cost , but when your dealing with a company that manufactures other products that litteraly make R/C speedcontrolers look like a kid project, you pay for the higher technology...... I believe acording to roar rules, a stock motor can not exceed 40.00.....this is one of the reasons it's getting super hard to come up with something much better than whats currently available....

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 11:51 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Hopefully Team Orion will release their new revolution/ peak vantage line of stock motors. These will be your guaranteed best bet for stock motor racing. I own the peak vantage 10x1 and it is ultra smooth, and very low maintenance. These are the hands down best brushed motors that I have ever used.
jackfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 07:18 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

Cant beat an MRT speedo, decent price... amazing quality & great tech support !!

Theres a new 1 out anytime soon i believe.... cant remeber the exact phrase but its the smallest 1 of its kind

Look out 4 Terry S i think hes called on here ! (The main man lol !))
neveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 07:22 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to T Allen

i bought one of the first gtx speedos available to the public it is awsome

Last edited by T Allen; 10-16-2004 at 07:28 PM.
T Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 07:26 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

bought***
Old 10-16-2004, 07:31 PM   #13
Tech Initiate

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...0&pagenumber=1

^ Theres a link to the MRT topic. Any questions Terry or the guys will have an answer for u. Great support

You wont be disappointed ..
neveo is offline   Reply With Quote