R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-12-2004, 05:58 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Reedy Realtime 3300's

Anyone know the story on these Gp cells? Is there a reason Reedy packs show such High Voltage?I was looking at some packs that were 1.197 ,410 runtime...Does that sound right?Is there a different way they are matching now that would cause the voltage average to be so high?Or are the cells that good?I don't want to waste my money.Please help!
nesacuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:03 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: Reedy Realtime 3300's

Quote:
Originally posted by nesacuby
Anyone know the story on these Gp cells? Is there a reason Reedy packs show such High Voltage?I was looking at some packs that were 1.197 ,410 runtime...Does that sound right?Is there a different way they are matching now that would cause the voltage average to be so high?Or are the cells that good?I don't want to waste my money.Please help!
i have a few of these cells. they're very good. the only difference is, they average the voltage out for 5 mins. (since we only race for 5 mins) instead of the entire discharge cycle (5000 seconds i think?). thats why they call it "realtime". the little piece of paper that comes with the batteries state this. maybe tony phalen can shed more light. tony?
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:07 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

So if its over a shorter period of time then the average voltage will go up?Whats the voltage on your packs Hebiki?I just don't want to get sucked up in a gimmick and end up with packs that are in reality only 1.16 and 1.17 if matched the other manufactuers way.I have had Reedy packs before that were very nice.Just want to see what other peoples experience with these are.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:41 PM   #4
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by nesacuby
So if its over a shorter period of time then the average voltage will go up?Whats the voltage on your packs Hebiki?I just don't want to get sucked up in a gimmick and end up with packs that are in reality only 1.16 and 1.17 if matched the other manufactuers way.I have had Reedy packs before that were very nice.Just want to see what other peoples experience with these are.
i cant really comment on their matching techniques.. just real track time. i am very happy with these cells. if given the opportunity, i will buy them again.

my cells are all 1.195 with 405-415 runtime. i used them for stock and 19T.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 07:47 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Don't forget that different manufacture have different machines and prosesses they to get the labels on their cells at. Like take for instance some manufacturers were discharging anywhere between 20 to 35 amps which will offsett the numbers also. So there is no real logical comprisons unless cycled on the same machine. Just my .02 cents.
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:20 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes be aware that not all things are equal when comparing numbers...

Different matchers use different machines and different paramaters. For the most part CE and LAVECO

Unfortunatly REEDY and NOVAK have desided to invent a new way of displaying there info. And there is nothign wrong with a AVERAGE VOLTAGE OVER 5MINUTE DISCHARGE TIME, just dont get sucked into thinking the cells are killer because there getting 1.197+ because u can now only compare REEDY packs to other REEDY packs . There is no way to compare them to other matchers. When infact a 1.170 brand X pack could very well be a 1.199 using REEDY 5minute discharge.

ITs a smart move to avoid being compared to other matchers but at the same time its gonna suck in guys thinking that 1.197v cell is gonna run with your current 1.185v cells done the old way 30amps till they hit .9volts.

The real test will be on the track
Old 10-12-2004, 09:13 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Default Joel

Thats what I was thinking....Thanks for you input.