Wiki Posts
Search

GFX or BL35.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default GFX or BL35.......

I have been racing elec rc cars for several years and am finally upgrading to a CE charger.....what would be the main advantage of a GFX over a BL35 at the race track....not so much any bells and whistles, just things that a racer needs....

thanks in advance Gary

also would the pit bull make a good secondary charger, and if so, what amp power supply would I need to run them both?
Old 10-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

The only reason I upgraded from a T35BL to the T35GFX is the lower amp discharge for smaller battery packs (I fly planes and run 1/18th cars) and it handles 8 cells instead of 7.

I have an older Pitbull as a second charger, excellent!!! Depends on how many amps you charge at, 13 amp PS would easily allow you to charge at 5 amps on each.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've got a T35 BL Stealth, and I'm looking to trade it and some cash for a GFX. From what I understand, the GFX will tell you how many milliamps the cells take during a charge... something that the T35 won't. It's the only thing I miss about my Millenium Pro. The T35's a great charger, don't get me wrong. Also, the GFX will break in motors that pull more than 12 amps.

Rob
Old 10-11-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

thanks for your input....I would appreciate any one else that would like to add to this....thanks again Gary
Old 10-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Only bad thing about the GFX is that the screen is REALLY hard to read. Most people in norcal sold them to get the turbo 35 stealths just so they could see what they're doing. This was during outdoor season, maybe they're easier to see indoors?
Old 10-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
Only bad thing about the GFX is that the screen is REALLY hard to read. Most people in norcal sold them to get the turbo 35 stealths just so they could see what they're doing. This was during outdoor season, maybe they're easier to see indoors?
couldn't they just have built a hood around the screen? that seems better to me than just selling the unit all together but fanatics do rather strange things sometimes.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:04 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Matt Howard: is 100% correct....

The main issue I had was looking at the screen....
It had lots of good data, it's that you just couldn't see it very well.

It's much easier to read indoors....

I sold my GFX and went with a T35.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wow...I have a 35 BL Stealth that I'll trade for a GFX if someone finds theirs is too hard to read

Seriously though...I think the CE did a rework on the screens to make them easier to read in varying light conditions..you may want to do a search on here, check their website, or contact them directly to ask about this.

In certain light conditions ANY LCD display can be hard to read